The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Griff »

Why, surely that should've been the beginning of pg 94!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :P :P

(Maybe this will)!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You got it Griff!
I'd say you deserve it after that job. Glad you got her back rollin'.
I need help paying taxes. Now there's 2 of us at least. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well OW, think I will head off to golf. Did get a double cheeseburger in a restaurant. Those have been closed here.

Investigating plug replacements for the Patriot. 66,000, manual says 30,000 but it seems to be getting the best mileage ever. Copper plugs originally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:48 pm Well OW, three shootings, two hangings, demonstrations, mysterious fires, been cussed out twice in words too crude for the tender ears of the Gun Room, why I'd have moderate myself. But then recycling is a touchy subject.

Think I will head off to golf. Did get a double cheeseburger in a restaurant. Those have been closed here.

Investigating plug replacements for the Patriot. 66,000, manual says 30,000 but it seems to be getting the best mileage ever. Copper plugs originally.

Holy smokes buddy! You keep your head down out there. Go heeled if you can.
In my experience, every vehicle is an individual based on the driving habits of its owner. If your mileage looks good, it's running and starting good, and not throwing any codes, I'd run it a while.
If I was going to take a long trip or something, I'd change them a while before you go.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What a day!!
Leave here 0730, get to the dealer just after 8- doors are locked- my BP is going up. Ah service door is open. Go talk to lady behind the plexiglas. I can get the plates for you. Great, thanks. I cant find the plates. I play the voicemail from the salesperson. Oh here they are. Address on registration doesnt look familiar ( lease company- NO NAME) but yes my name is on the other paperwork. But this lady tells me it's a different lease company! Now my BP is going way up as is my aggravation level. I leave in a fury and call the sales persons direct number and leave a scathing message.

Go to the fishing property, look at papers more closely and yes its correct. Then go to tractor supply to buy the new gates, go back to the club- realize I forgot my tools, back to the house, back to the club. Hang the gates, go home.
Go through my emails, hmm, lease company email, ' your payment has been withdrawn from your account '. I call the lease company- foreigner I can hardly understand. Why was I billed for something I no longer have? Oh the dealer has with held a document. Call the dealer, finance guy says we dont owe them any paperwork, I'll call them Monday morning. Ok fine but I'm also trying to set up the new account for new truck but the system wont take the VIN #. I dont have an account number. Finance guy says I cant help you with that...
Call the vet to try and get an appointment for Claro, oh the surgeon is booked until mid July! Call back on Monday and maybe she will squeeze you in.

I need a drink !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ain't modern life awesome, Gunny?

NOT!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OS, I gotta agree with OW! Go heeled if you can! I'm off to the Portland area next Sunday. I'm going to keep my head down!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Dagnabbit Gunny, you should work for the state not nearly so hectic. Haha haha. Melissa still doesn’t have the new plates for her Subaru. The NJ temporary registration is no good and Pa doesn’t see her VIn anywhere in their system. She got the car Mother’s Day weekend. Government efficiency at it’s finest. Had dismal groups with the Bee today with 4227. Hmmm
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That isnt surprising !!

My #1 likes 4227 well enough but I also tried lilgun and its as good... I think. I like lilgun, works in hornet, bee, 410& 28 ga, even the 450 Bushmaster. Try a pound !

Hey buffalope, glad your travels went 'well' ! Sure hope you have the opportunity to share some pics of Kodiak!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:05 pm That isnt surprising !!

My #1 likes 4227 well enough but I also tried lilgun and its as good... I think. I like lilgun, works in hornet, bee, 410& 28 ga, even the 450 Bushmaster. Try a pound !

Hey buffalope, glad your travels went 'well' ! Sure hope you have the opportunity to share some pics of Kodiak!
Settin on the plane now. Pics in a few!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Griff, how does the phrase go ... can't legally go heels here in LA County. But on a bright spot for you, Portland shut down a take over attempt. Here is not Seattle, wonct be a caving in but best to surveile your surroundings.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Griff...the Rose looks great! For real, I know a vehicle that is loved by the owner.....yea....aggravation comes from time to time but that's OK as it's YOURS!

I'm just a peon...my credit rating is "0"....not bad..,not good..nothing...."0"....haven't owed a dime to anyone since I was 40. Pay cash for everything.....it's called "simplicity"...I'm the one in charge....buy the best you can afford ...and TAKE CARE OF IT....Like the Black Rose, it looked loved....same as my Rubi.

Chit...who won page '94?...got to look......GRIFF!!!!

On to more important things..............

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GRIFF...THE WINNER OF PAGE 94

And for that I dug deep into the back of the vault for a safe queen 1894....its in 38-55.....all ready for the long range match!

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I finally made it to Kodiak. Would have posted sooner but had to get on the kids wifi.
Man! Jack's old 95 is freakin beautiful! Had it in my hands a while ago. Along with my kids sweet pre 64 model 70 Super Grade.
So I got promised to shoot the 95. Probably just a ploy to get me to buy beer. :D
The pic is the first glimpse of Kodiak I got through the clouds. I will post more later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Howdy Jay! What time is it there? :D Screws ya up don't it?

Those loads I sent with the gun are mild cast loads...around 1600.... if I remember correctly. While your there don't forget to school Cody on how to set the fls die for heavy loads with jacketed bullets or he could get a case separation.....

Yea..nice rifle...I only keep the best...nice and smooth ain't it?.....loads of finish on it.......nice bore for cast shooting......any 357 diameter bullet will work for plinking. Tell him to get more brass and save it for heavy loads. I think the stuff I sent him is fairly new with minimal reloads...could be new....I can't remember much anymore with all the old guns I have laying around.

Say hi to everyone and thanks for stopping by.....Don't let your hot dog stand or let your meat loaf.----6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey buddy! It's 9:10 right now.
Thanks bud. Cody said he may give you a call when he gets ready to load for it. He just bought a new house here so he's been a little busy. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That safe queen looks a bit hollow, like it is missing something. Can't put my finger on it... :D

One place I've always wanted to see is Kodiak. So you are going to book us all a bear hunt right? Our great & wonderful Uncle Six is paying for it right?

Coffee is done, TTFN!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's a swell idea Gunny! He should buy the beer and food too! He obviously does better than me.
Wish I could afford to shop at Six's Gun Room. :D
Here's a few more pics coming in and on the way to my son's house. Snapped a couple of a glacier and a glacial lake south of Anchorage. Even the busted windshield on his 2019 Rubicon. Yup, he wheels it fairly serious. Carpets and drains all out of it. He is daddy's boy! :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hmm Jack, that '94 offer is mighty generous of you... but, it'd just be another project that I'm not likely to finish. But, hey, if you really need the room in your safe... send pictures of bore!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

7 confirmed so far this morning.

Yeah seems like most windshields out west are broken, at least in Colorado they were.

Only idea to have is a good idea- buying the beer & grub too is a GREAT idea!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 am 7 confirmed so far this morning.

Yeah seems like most windshields out west are broken, at least in Colorado they were.

Only idea to have is a good idea- buying the beer & grub too is a GREAT idea!!

My son averages a windshield every year....in one Jeep that he had to two years have 4 windshields in it. He toad :D me the reason is the stuff they use on the road for winter traction.

That 1894 is a rifle that's in decent condition but the bore is the worst I've ever had. I picked it up at an auction for 6 and shot every bullet up to .380 and they all tumbled......needs a reline....I took it apart for a full on restoration...threw the parts in a 1 gallon jug full of penetrating oil/Kroil/PB Blaster......that was about 6 years ago.....it's one of those jobs that's gonna take a few constant weeks of sanding and polishing then a rust blue......and I just don't have it in me...maybe this winter.

Neat pics of AK....I'd like to visit but not to live....keep em coming Jayster!!!!-----Dr. 6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Well boys I stand before you with my hat in hand to say ..... I lied to y’all. I stated that on a Juneteenth a new state holiday I smelted wheel weights into 225 pounds of ingots. Today when stacking them into my storage box( side to side pickup box) I counted again and had done 283 pounds net. Whee.
1C843A1E-EB2C-4618-9CA4-D660A5F988D9.jpeg
04FAAC0B-6731-47B1-B0F2-2E4F53098E30.jpeg
Top photo is pure lead
Bottom is wheel weights .
I am no Mr Ingot buuut I think I could hold my own for any protest that may occur around here.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Man I missed something, what's the lead corncobs for?
Throwing at protesters?
Safer that husk that can really cut...
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

David I get the funny, but corncobs fit in the pot sooooo nicely.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Liar liar lead pot on fire!!
Good now I know where to get some lead !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I was a bit serious on the safer...
Corncob fights you either peel and use to help fling or toss stock end in hand or you can really slice your hand very badly. That slice between the finger and thumb is a squirter!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny betcha can’t lift it
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Bet you are right but I bet I can take it 2 ingots at a time! :D IF I need some I'll let you know.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Tom, yer a lightweight. I got a 1000 lbs... and I'm a lightweight! :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Got out for a bit. The kid wanted to check some spots in the river to see if the salmon were running. No luck yet.
Once the coast was clear of salmon and bears, the latest generation had to do some rock throwin' with Nanny K.
Kid drug an old 94 carbine along to stand security.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

.50 a pound..wheelweights....scrap price.....I have another 1500 downstairs.....

Yea.....what's with the corn cob lead...what the hell kind of a mould is that?
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Griff I only added another 283 pounds gotta be 1500 pounds in there.
Mr Ingot that is a smoking price. It’s an old cast iron mold originally used to make CORN BREAD.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

"Mr Ingot". :D I forgot about that!

1,000 pounds of lead will bring me $500 at the scrap yard. About the only good thing about getting old is knowing how much stuff you will need until your dead.. I figure in another 10 years I won't be shooting anymore and I've got plenty of linotype and lead downstairs. I'm gonna take it up this week.------Formally known as Mr. Ingot
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Official body count - 9 & 3. The RWS had a good workout! I bet the fox family is stuffed to the gills too!

Fiddy cents a pound!? That seems about right as good magnum shot is about $35-40 a bag- rediculous!

15 bucks each for a mask that has a hole for a straw, all proceeds go to a bar tender relief fund- what have we become?

Coffee
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Around here a buck a pound raw wheel weights is average. Fiddy cent a pound in ingots is smokin.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well Gunny.....does your mask have blm on it? I see Whole Foods got rid of some employees for doing that.....and rightfully so....I'm sick of all this stupid stuff.....we are all supposed to be one people with no one getting more attention than the other....like MLK said, "judge people on the content of their character." which I've always done....OK, I joke around here....but I do judge people the proper way and all of this looting and pillaging is beginning to make me lump some groups of people together.

Man! It's an oven out there.....like Donald Trump said the other day, "this heat will bake you like a cake".

Promised a buddy I'd rebuild an old Crossman pellet gun for him.....he gave me the kit......maybe I'll do that today.....----6
Model A Uzi’s
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:02 am Well Gunny.....does your mask have blm on it? I see Whole Foods got rid of some employees for doing that.....and rightfully so....I'm sick of all this stupid stuff.....we are all supposed to be one people with no one getting more attention than the other....like MLK said, "judge people on the content of their character." which I've always done....OK, I joke around here....but I do judge people the proper way and all of this looting and pillaging is beginning to make me lump some groups of people together.

Man! It's an oven out there.....like Donald Trump said the other day, "this heat will bake you like a cake".

Promised a buddy I'd rebuild an old Crossman pellet gun for him.....he gave me the kit......maybe I'll do that today.....----6
Carefully not to go political here in general but MLK is History
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Many years ago I used to shoot these noisy birds when I was squirrel hunting....dang blue jays always gave away my position....

A BLM protester with no ambition to get her own food....my little furry pal, Miss Apple.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sometime maybe 15 years ago we threw out a mess of these stale 12" hoagie rolls out back in the grass......a little while after throwing them out my wife's sister, who lives a couple of hundred yards away called my wife and said, "you won't believe what I just saw, a crow flew past the house with a long roll in his beak"----6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh to be in Alaska!! Sure would be nice to lay down on a glacier today!! Hardly any wind, HOT & HUMID!! One of the guys had to climb off the roof today to throw up- 4 times!!

Well just called the dealership finance guy, 'I'm waiting for a return phonecall ' . In the back of my mind I'm thinking yeah right you didnt call but you will now that I rattled your cage.

Trying to call the surgeon, I keep getting 'we're sorry your call didnt go through ' WTH is that !!??

Man it's so hot here the bird eggs are popping in the nests! Perfect over easy!! :lol:

Phone rings 25 times, no answering machine, no Please hold, nothing! What kind of place is this vets office!?
Miss Apple is no dummy, lounging around in this weather!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

FINALLY they answered the phone! Put me on hold then hang up on me, i call back and after 5 minutes they hang up again!! Let's see if they CALL ME !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ya know Gunny..(I KNOW you know this)......everyone handles the heat differently......some feel it but it don't bother them and some, wanting to keep up with the crowd, can drop over dead.....in 1972, my uncle was a tough guy, 53 y.o., ww2 combat vet..blah..blah....he was working on a day just like today...came home, ate, whatever, went to bed and never got out of it...alive anyway.....the autopsy said he was dehydrated and a vein collapsed. My aunt said he had a good day and never complained about being thirsty, etc....

Your buddy throwing up is going to be dehydrated....rule of thumb...drink 8-12 ounces of water before going to bed.....I'd rather have to get up to pizz than be zipped up.

These statue topplers ought to held accountable.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

This kind of weather I keep at least 1/2 gallon of water or gatorade on hand. If ya ain't watering the daisies ya aint drinking enough. Sometimes I carry my big 5 gallon water cooler, 2 bags of ice and fill it up.
Yes he showed up with a couple quarts of water- nowhere near enough water!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

For real, no b.s....if community leaders around the country got together for a nationwide protest about black on black crime, I would walk with them.......but only if the temperature was 65, sunny, no wind, and humidity was below 55%.....and I got paid, and they gave me a free $1,000 voucher at Costco....and a tankful of gas, and I get exempt from real estate taxes for 5 years...and I could have Old Win go in my place so I could watch it on TV......and the TV would have to be a gift from Al Sharpton and would have to be 1,000", .....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I think you might be stretching your luck there Jay Bird- I mean where are you going to put a thousand inch tv!?

Vet called at 8:30 last night. She wants Claro there Monday or Tuesday morning, now I gotta figure it out with the boss man. Looks like the bionic Brown isn't going to be bionic anymore.

How can there be so much gun violence in Chicago- aren't they a gun free city?

Coffee...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Time to check in. I see the pediatrician across the street boarded up his office. Apparently there was a demonstration planned near here. Chicken/mushroom saute last night, great. Pretty blue flowers.

Cops nabbed a couple that broke into the downstairs bathroom, took their guns, drugs and burglary tools.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok, pretty blue flowers.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Our flowers were a couple of months ago. I like those you have. I like ours, too.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just got off the phone with the surgeon, Monday morning 9 am I'm dropping off the Bionic Brown dawg , observation, sedation, xrays and the implant removed. Boy i sure hope this is the solution- bird season is right around the corner! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

New standard here regarding language and expression:

From now on any attempt to use misspelled words or language not broadly acceptable will result in the whole post being deleted.

If this seems to oppressive, appeal to Hobie or AmBraCol, they are the real power here.

Trying to walk the line is just too time consuming for the growing imagination of the participants.

We shall see how the abilities of communication develop but, regardless this will be the rule.