The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by piller »

Dallas rarely sees snow. It is a huge problem when it does.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hey, what do you know. I got one.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am posting a couple of times because the last lime a few posts got deleted and I suddenly didn't have the first post of the page. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:30 amI am posting a couple of times because the last lime a few posts got deleted and I suddenly didn't have the first post of the page. :lol:
Just post every other time some one else does... soon you'll have as many page wins as Sixgun!!! :D :D :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep ol Six sure does lead the pack for new pages, must be cuz he is up till 3am!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:39 pm Yep ol Six sure does lead the pack for new pages, must be cuz he is up till 3am!!
To nosey people who care to investigate such phenomena the reason I win a lot is because probably 92% of all posts are mine.

Ya got to be careful with the "ones in power" who can delete posts for their own advantage. The only way a grunt can delete a post is if he's the last one to post. We all know the latest from the democrats...."if they don't win, they change the rules." That's what I had to deal with the last 15 years of my employment......these young guys tried to change the rules so they could get all of the overtime, special days off, their pick of vacations, their pick of job selection, etc.....

Old Savage has been changing lots of things around so he can win and he's still mad at me for not delivering his big walnut log that he won last year...it's NOT my fault as Griff was supposed to pick it up and deliver it. So.....I feel like BEING SPITEFUL and I'm going to award PILLER A FRESH LOG!!!!!'

I saved a big one and made a hillbilly bench out of it today.....it's beech....8 feet long and 26" in diameter...I'm guessing it weighs around 700 pounds. I had a lot of fun getting this one on the Locust supports I made by cutting out a semi circle on the log with a chain saw.

PILLER, my fine compadre......YOU HAVE WON THE LOG!!!!!! I'll check with the post office tomorrow to see if they have a flat rate box for it....lucky guy that Piller is and NO THANKS for Griff for not picking up the walnut log for Mr. Rule Changer a.k.a.Old Savage.-----6
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think there has been a misunderstanding regarding how the forum works and your control over any of your past posts.

But wait just minute, I was awarded two logs and a trailer. And recently there was the award of Griff's once restored Ford tractor, and he is hard at work on it, I have seen the pictures. That tractor could be used to pick up my TWO logs and tow them to California where we will discuss these RULES misconceptions. Maybe some Yuengling should come along for refreshments.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Y'all just have to wait... I'm eating dinner:

BBQ chicken, corn in Irish butter w/garlic & herbs, and that all America side dish of "chips" as the Brits would say.... :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Paint Trump 2020 on the log and let them try to steal it ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:47 pmPaint Trump 2020 on the log and let them try to steal it ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! Good one Fred........that's going to go on my "to do" list tomorrow...Trump 2020!

Ahhh...I'll be wasting the paint.......just watched the debate ...no need to be continuing promoting MY PRESIDENT! He's got it in the bag......

Fred....I apologize as I do need to accept some responsibility on your logs and the trailer.......OK, when I go to the post office for Pillers flat rate box I'll pick up a couple extra boxes for your logs.......and the trailer....---006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Pages keep ticking by. Been MIA. Getting close to my Christmas now. Week from Saturday is opening day.
Have to haul the shack up tomorrow.
Taking the Jeep for a ride Saturday to see if we can find some birds. Going to head up past Jackman towards the border. Cruise around and see what there is to see.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

No, no 006. Get the boys together and take a road trip. Some can ride the tractor, some can ride the logs. Then on the way back you guys can rent Harley's and take Rt 66. ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

20201021_160329.jpg
Hmm, did I mention the fuel tank strap on my 07 breaking? If not the rear strap that holds the tank up in the frame broke and now it sits on the ground! Of course I literally just filled it, 35 gallons of diesel fuel ain't light! Gotta figure out how to jack it back up into position and what use to hold it there...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:09 am 20201021_160329.jpgHmm, did I mention the fuel tank strap on my 07 breaking? If not the rear strap that holds the tank up in the frame broke and now it sits on the ground! Of course I literally just filled it, 35 gallons of diesel fuel ain't light! Gotta figure out how to jack it back up into position and what use to hold it there...
Is there any way to thread a strap from a ratchet in there and use the ratchet to do the heavy lifting? Once it is up, then put on the correct retaining strap.
D. Brian Casady
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:09 am20201021_160329.jpgHmm, did I mention the fuel tank strap on my 07 breaking? If not the rear strap that holds the tank up in the frame broke and now it sits on the ground! Of course I literally just filled it, 35 gallons of diesel fuel ain't light! Gotta figure out how to jack it back up into position and what use to hold it there...
Hmmm... can you say "floor jack"? Balance a piece of plywood across it the spread the load in the tank across a larger area, then install the proper strap.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup the floor jack was my first thought and the way I'm gonna jack it back into place. My neighbor buddy is coming over soon and we are going to jack it up and use chain to support it off a cross member. Says he has done that multiple times over the years.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's a bit unusual ......on the fuel tank strap breaking.....my guess it broke at the connecting point......all that salt they use on the road.........

I take it the tank is plastic.....one of the best changes ever to happen in the auto industry.......we old heads remember when a car got about 10 years old ....."here comes the rust" with constant filter changes.

Piller has a great idea with the nylon strap.....they are cheap and they last. I must have 25 of them around here.

That obviously could have been a disaster....what could be worse than gallons of fuel leaking with a steel strap making sparks.

Piller....hurry up and get that log out of here....

Bad day......feel it coming.......it's Stonewalls first year anniversary of his death and I have to go to the bank to get two checks for the school taxes so "they" can throw the books out the window and paint up the walls.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You are exactly correct Six, all the salt, brine &calcium they spray on the roads does more damage than good. Heck here they spray the roads a day before a storm. Stuff works but it is really hard on anything made of steel!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

They spray the overpasses here if it is supposed to get to 30 degrees. Happens one or two times every 5 years.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well that was easy !! My buddy showed up with a radiator hose and some chain. We got floor jack under the tank and pushed it up into place. Chain around the cross member hose on the chain, under the tank up the other side around the cross member. He says drive it a week and if it rattles,sways moves then we can adjust it, if not then double nut it and go!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thats what I call "good ole boy redneck fixin'". NO DOUBT, the dealer would have hit you up for $500. Funny thing about "double nutting".....that's what I call a "redneck weld". I got more stuff around here double nutted, you'd think I would have a pocket full of nuts....if I had pockets....well, I do have holes cut out in most of my pockets in case I need to play some pocket pool.

Got a call...another load of pin oak coming my way tonight.....my bud wants me to do some work on a muzzleloader and load up a box of .378 Weatherbys. And he wants full power in these .378's.....I told him for deer I could load the bullets around 1600-2000 fps as full power will cut a deer in two.....NOPE! He wants full power.....

Bravado! Everyone in camp wants the most powerful of guns.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

378 for deer, he is gonna have full house loads of what bullet weight? 200,250 or 300?
Can you say FLINCH?

Pin oak, great firewood, free even better!

I gotta chase some hardware this morning, need some 3/16 (10-24)machine screws. Tomorrow I need to fit a pitch spacer for one of the guys at the club. These adjustable stocks are all different hardware . Guy just wants me to cut the stock but I advise trying the spacer first so we know if we have the dimensions right BEFORE we put carbide teeth to fancy walnut!

It amazes me how many people think they are lowering POI by removing comb height. That doesn't change POI with a shotgun much. Pitch does change POI. So I gotta load my sander for tomorrow.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Radiator hose and chain is even better than what I thought of.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

One of the aspects of aging that is not rewarding...you get to experience the deaths of people you cared about and seeing the ones who should die thrive.

Richie passed on today, the same day Stonewall, our last horse died last year. He wasted to a withered vine and left his family with a 3 million dollar bill perpetrated by our excellent money driven medical field. Believe he was 58.

Richie was a great guy, father, and husband. He had one of the greatest sense of humor in any person I've ever known. Me and him invented the fanny burp tube up the mountains and we even had one installed between the wall, from one bunk to another.

He used a bow to collect one of Pennsylvania's finest bucks, about a half mile from here as the crow flies. It made the cover of Rack Magazine.---006

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sorry to hear that Six. It's not easy, never is. All we can do is keep them in our memories, smile at their memories, think of them often!

Now, whats with destroyed electronic device?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ha! Sleepy Joe's 'rally' was crashed by TRUMP supporters! Since it was a drive through rally the Trump folks just drove up and took over the show- love it!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It's the alarm clock I used to get up for work about the last 20-25 years of my employment. After I retired I took it off my dresser and threw it in the corner and I found it the other day. I cut the cord off to use for other things and put the clock radio in a plastic five gallon bucket, took it out in the barn and shot it 40-50 times with a single action Ruger .22. I used all kinds of ammo I had laying in a tray...most of it target velocity, shorts, and CCI "Quiets", even some original longs from the sixties.

Hardly any of the bullets penetrated through the bucket....see em?

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Remind me not to loan you any of my alarm clocks- although I highly doubt you would shoot a dog.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Sorry to hear about your buddy, Jack. Yeah it sucks.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Rain, all week! How does the weatherman expect us to install new windows if it's going to rain all week!?

Well out to the club this morning, probably my last trip for the season as bird hunting starts on the 7th.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry to hear about your friend, Jack.
That really sucks. I don't wish an end like that on anyone.

Well we drove up to Jackman yesterday and ran the Jeep all over the Moose River country. The weather was horrid. Only saw 2 birds. Didn't get either. I don't understand cause I unleashed my secret weapon on em. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

00, condolences on your loss. Great friend in a similar position. Mother in law's estate sale was today. You are right, as we go on we see more of this. On the other hand my daughter is with a friend who is having her first baby who will be her only known blood relative.

Life goes on in its many facets.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Other'n older relatives who lived far away and I didn't know well, I'd only lost one friend in a cabin fire on a trip I couldn't make, or I'd have been there also... Then... when I was 35 I lost one of my 3 huntin' buddies... he was 34, died of heart failure. Huntin' camp wasn't the same without his grumpy butt in the morning and gawd awful good cheer and practical jokes the rest of the day! I think his grumpy morning attitude was from staying up all nite thinking of ways to aggravate the rest of us during the day. But, a more solid worker around camp one would be hard pressed to find. He'd told us the year before that no male has lived longer than age 32 in his family... celebrated his 33rd & 34th birthdays with an exuberance that would be hard to explain, unless you knew that... I sure hope he knows that he's accompanied me on EVERY hunting trip I've made since.

As someone else said (don't remember who and not worth looking up)... "dyin' is part of life" and a part we must endure.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thank you gentlemen.....Richie was not a close friend but was a friend...in other words, if he called me out of the blue after not seeing him for six months or a year, I'd say "sure! Come on over".

Hey Jay.....is that Pops taking a leak in the first picture? Sure looks thick up there.....so thick the boogie man might live there.

Yea Gunny.......wet and cold....my Meniers is up, left ear ringing to the point I have to take a sedative.......

At a loss for words today.....going back to bed....---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha oh man! I'll tell Kristy you said that! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...get ready...MY PRESIDENT is coming your way in a couple of hours......if you so please, greet him with open arms....

Oh boy! As we all know, he is having a rally in New Hampshire......has me laughing so hard......and the only thing he is doing is "telling it like it is"....and the only people who can see it are the ones who are born with common sense and not "sense" that was put into these weak minded sheep by leftist brain washing by academia.----006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. The same place Pence was at a week ago. Dysarts is a truck stop and trucking company i Hermon. I go by on the way to work.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I got to the bunker, was supposed to fit a pitch spacer and adjust a stock for a guy. He went and sent the stock out for work. Sure would have been nice to know that before I loaded tools, sander for NUTHIN! So that ticked me off. I decided to go shoot ZZ BIRDS instead.
Got to the other club and realized I didn't have any cash. Had my CC and used that for my targets. They wouldn't let me play the options. Options are 'the 5s' and 'long run'
The 5s are if you break a 5x5 each time ya shoot ya win that 5 and so on. The long run is the most you break in a row. Well that being said I broke a 5x5 and a 4x5 for a 9x10. My long run was an 8 so if I had been able to play I would have walked away with 115 bucks. As usual I don't play and shoot better than the pack.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ain't that the way it goes Gunny? I went to our neighboring gun club to shoot cowboy with those folks... both this club & the one I started shoot the same range, on different weekends... anyway... I go all full of intentions to actually compete... And while it didn't quite work out the way I intended... I did find out that I can shoot faster than my current equipment can run. I kept over-running the rifle. Right then I decided that my new project 1860 Henry, besides being a "Trapper", will have some custom "go-fast" parts in it. I did run the pistols fast enough to outrun my sights! All in all, my times were right about HALF what I normally run. It probably didn't hurt that I shot with a World Champion! One who said that it was "way different" to see me actually trying to go fast. And agreed that I should probably have a "go-fast" rifle if I was going to keep this up... 11 months to match time!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room ..XLI..

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:09 pm Haha oh man! I'll tell Kristy you said that! :D
Thanks.....that's Kristy? I'm not one to examine pictures to detail unless it's something I want to buy.

Just for making fun of me, I'm going to bust T's on YOUR retarded senator....that old nasty bitch says she's voting "no" on ACB... :D

Hey bud, I know it's not your fault.....it just amazes me that a leftist masquerading as a Republican got as far as she got.

Hey! We have Tom Wolf who has shut down our state....not that it affects me.....

NO CASH GUNNY? WTF???!!!??? I keep 10 Bens, 2 Jacksons, 1 Hamilton, 2 Lincolns and 5 George's in my money belt. In my pocket is between 2-5 hundred and under the rug in the Jeep is usually another 5. I feel naked with less than a grand on me. I understand though, I'm in the minority on carrying cash....on the other hand I don't have a CC.

Trying to tell me no one would throw you some loot? At least you did something today...I just mooped around doing stupid stuff...it was a bit cold today despite what the thermometer said....raw...44 as I write this....

Loaded up some 378 Weatherbys tonight...well, got them ready..I still need bullets....102 grains of 4350!! -----006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Don't have to tell me bud. That is why I hate her.

See, she is in a tough race against a Soros funded communist. So it's time to climb on the fence.
She and everyone else touts her as this big independent thinker, when nothing could be farther from the truth.
She voted yes on Kavanagh, but she wasn't up for election and LePage was governor.
Now we got Austin Powers with a gender reassignment and a big commie contender for senate. Plus, she won't be the deciding vote. So she can appease the democrats but ACB still gets in so the "republicans" will overlook her transgression.
I HATE POLITICS
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey bud...I hate em too...but it's a vary necessary evil to stay on top of it. ....almost as important as guiding and taking care of your family......

I'm hitting it...long aggravating day with rain and very cool weather....My ears are ringing something terrible and both me and mom are hurting all over.....hers because she don't do nothing and mine because I was throwing around 200 pound oak logs yesterday...well, I did have some help with the loader on the mighty Kubota but I still had to wrestle them......never had wood this heavy before..heavier than Locust.......it's pin oak about 2' or more in diameter and about 18" in length.....have about 35 of em...

Talk to you boys tomorrow.....----6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I always carry cash- but I'm low at the moment, forgot to hit the bank Friday. That's the problem with not getting an actual check every week. I really don't like direct deposit without the ability of specifying what goes direct/ what is left over. I'm sure someone would have spotted me some cash but I guess I was too proud to ask. Oh well.

As for politics I'm not very political until the odumbo years. Now I'm very concerned! I really HATE the politician litter! Each and every candidate hands out those lawn signs. A lot of them around here on public property , after the election those sign sit and never get picked up. If I had my way said candidate would get fined for each and every sign until they were collected and recycled.

Pin oak is dense stuff. I try hard to not cut green trees, all the water adds a whole lot of weight! Standing dead is what I cut and if ya can wait until January to split it being frozen sure helps it split.

Well gotta turn my phone on, see if I'm working or not today...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Gunnymack, no need to stress over it... as a kid growing up I used to see all these signs posted on yards, stapled to telephone poles... well after an election was over. I thought to myself, why don't the a-holes for whom they were posted come and clean their mess up!

Now as an adult... I think that's a grand idea. Make the candidate, win or lose go out and personally remove the litter their campaign caused. "Well, they wouldn't have time since they're busy with their new office," you might say. Even the President. When has a politician actually "fixed" anything. Well, this could be their chance! He has about 3 months before he's sworn in... spend it cleaning up the detritus from your bid for office. Go get sworn in, issue one Executive Order cancelling all previous Executive Orders, then get right back out there making America Beautiful Again. Doing something POSITIVE!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Oh yeah, when you finally get done, somewhere about 2 years from then, go to Washington and fire everyone . All those Senators & Representatives would have been so busy cleaning up their own messes, they wouldn't be able mess with the rest of us...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No issues with political signs.....the Republican party headquarters has a free pass to come on to my property and stick in the ground any thing they like...and I like....our yard has 200' of road frontage right before the church where we all vote....in return I get honorable treatment at the polls and sometimes inside info........last time I was there I was told the old poll ladies are concerned "about that guy who has a gun in his back pocket"...they were told to "relax, he's one of us".

Well.. ...miserable and drizzling ....again.....can't believe I have to drive 25 miles to pick up some .375 heads....
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Neither do I Jack. But once the election's over... it's just trash.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room...XLIX

Post by Sixgun »

I forgot to mention that the guys who put the signs on my property come a day or two later to pick them up.....sometimes a few are left but the 1/8" wire that's used in them is soft and I'll use that for holding up mufflers, keeping the inside plumbing working or other non dangerous uses such as holding the blades on the Kubota from flying off.----006

Just watched MY PRESIDENT in Lititz, Pa.....pretty close to where Tom lives.......that is a funny name and it's down the road from Intercourse, Pa. or Bird-In-Hand, Pa.....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Snowed for a few minutes this morning. Man! I hope it holds off till after hunting season.
I'm mostly ready to go. I want to get out one last time and put a few rounds through the old 73. Just a confidence builder.