The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Sixgun »

JOG...the Gunny is right....clean up the entire gun except the bore.....that is IF the bore is excellent condition and does not pick up metal fouling like some antiques will. On a single action .22 I'll pop out the cylinder and wipe the face with a wet patch and here and there...then just blow it off with compressed air, wipe down and that's it....most of the time I'll just wipe down the outside.

You WILL do more damage by cleaning the bore with a brush and a rod .....in competitive shooting at the club, no one cleans their bore except at the end of the year...just a wipe down and blow out the action.

How much snow ya get Gunny? We maybe got 3-4".....looked nice.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Suckers!!! I win again..3 in a row.....that means I get to borrow Jays buffalo coat while I'm in Gunny's workshop.....(I need some carbide bits, the expensive ones)----006

One of the great mysteries of life:

A.) person makes post and asks question

B.) people chime in and answer question to the best of their ability with most of the time to answer taking 5-30 minutes complete with detailed explanation and sometimes pictures of which they took the time to think out.

C.) original author never makes a response or if they do, it's three words and almost always never with a personal ID towards
the author who did the answering.

D.) stupid "answering author" continues to answer questions.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

How I spent my Sunday... not on the links or huddlin' inside the warmth... removing tank... 1st step to fixing fuel leak. Now to clean 21 years of grime and buildup from the tank so I can have a new connection plate welded in! Now to find a decent tank with the fill hole in the right place to put in the bed of the dually... Just think... 120 gals of fuel in auxillary tank, plus 34 in the stock tank... 16 mpg... let's see... that's 2400+ miles driving

Gotta go tomorrow and get new keds put on the old Ford 3000... along with new wheels!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah Griff, it seems like cold/rainy weather is when you find problems! When I got my 07 I looked into getting a 75 gallon replacement tank. Sometimes I wish I went ahead and got it but that was when diesel was still CHEAP. I need to get new Keds by fall, can't complain, these Coopers have 45,000 on them. Best wearing tire I have found.

Carbide bits? What type of carbide bits are you looking for? Might have a couple lathe bits, had a carbide #29 drill but it rolled off my bench and broke. Router bits?

Snow was pretty for sure! I have to shovel out the gates again, don't want to open or close. That snow yesterday was about perfect for pushing, just enough moisture that it rolled beautifully off the blade and packed when pushed into the piles. Cold here, 12 , headed for 25 as the high.

Ok, International Falls is COLD, -49 windchill!! When was the last know below zero temperature in Tallahassee FL? 1899, was a tremendous blizzard that covered the whole east coast. Temps were -50 at international falls. Guess we shouldn't complain!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six, congrats! That is a very nice Real 44 Spl.... Can I have it??? Have this one, they could sort of match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:19 pm JOG...the Gunny is right....clean up the entire gun except the bore.....that is IF the bore is excellent condition and does not pick up metal fouling like some antiques will. On a single action .22 I'll pop out the cylinder and wipe the face with a wet patch and here and there...then just blow it off with compressed air, wipe down and that's it....most of the time I'll just wipe down the outside.

You WILL do more damage by cleaning the bore with a brush and a rod .....in competitive shooting at the club, no one cleans their bore except at the end of the year...just a wipe down and blow out the action.

How much snow ya get Gunny? We maybe got 3-4".....looked nice.
OK gentleman I will not clean the barrels on my 22's.I guess because some of the rounds I was using were copper coated. I don't mind cleaning big bores, but 22 are a pain in the a--! Looking out the window I see we picked up about 3 or so inches overnight. Snow on the way for Tuesday and Thursday. I thought southern Maine was going to get away without to much snow this year. Old man winter waited until February!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

JOG...this is what the guys at the club do.....and these guys don't have $400 common stuff.....Remington 40x in 22, Anshutz's, Model 52's, Remington 37's, custom jobs with barrels that cost as much as what I drive.....you get it.....they will occasionally run a dry patch down the bore paying EXTREME attention to the throat and the muzzle.....extreme mind you....barrels are soft steel.

On a ....pretending here.....Ruger 10-22, just pop out the bolt and clean the action, spray compressed air in the trigger guts, wipe down.......do this every brick or two....you don't have to do it after each session where you fire a box or two......

Fred......your living your life like I do......in the past........and I'm not laughing....when was the last time you shot that 1950 Target?......there was a time when I couldn't wait to get out of bed to shoot, test loads, chronograph, write records, load ammo, ......now, at best I shoot once a week and it's at home with subsonic loads.....maybe it's this Covid thing and the aggravation that comes with catching it....

I still have (I think) 3 1950 Targets...gonna look some time this year to see what I have.

Well Master....it's time to play.......GUESS what I tried to do last night?......I chucked a 3/8'ths end mill in the drill press and was going to drill a square hole in a piece of oak....Instead of taking the time to make a jig I just pushed ...it slipped...and part of my thumb is on the end mill....

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six, that is a Model 24 that I bought new in 89. Put about 6,000 through it in fairly short order. You are right and likely noticed many of the targets I post are old. This could be one of the last times I shot it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The more recent work has been with the 32-20/32 Mag, 41 Mag and 45 Colt.

More 44 Spls, favorite handgun cartridge.

JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:45 pm JOG...this is what the guys at the club do.....and these guys don't have $400 common stuff.....Remington 40x in 22, Anshutz's, Model 52's, Remington 37's, custom jobs with barrels that cost as much as what I drive.....you get it.....they will occasionally run a dry patch down the bore paying EXTREME attention to the throat and the muzzle.....extreme mind you....barrels are soft steel.

On a ....pretending here.....Ruger 10-22, just pop out the bolt and clean the action, spray compressed air in the trigger guts, wipe down.......do this every brick or two....you don't have to do it after each session where you fire a box or two......

Fred......your living your life like I do......in the past........and I'm not laughing....when was the last time you shot that 1950 Target?......there was a time when I couldn't wait to get out of bed to shoot, test loads, chronograph, write records, load ammo, ......now, at best I shoot once a week and it's at home with subsonic loads.....maybe it's this Covid thing and the aggravation that comes with catching it....

I still have (I think) 3 1950 Targets...gonna look some time this year to see what I have.

Well Master....it's time to play.......GUESS what I tried to do last night?......I chucked a 3/8'ths end mill in the drill press and was going to drill a square hole in a piece of oak....Instead of taking the time to make a jig I just pushed ...it slipped...and part of my thumb is on the end mill....
I'll do just that Sixgun! Thanks for the advise! I always love the old Winchester 52. You cant touch a decent one for under 1,000.00.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six, im ashamed of you- that was just dumb! Stop screwing around and use the right tool for the job!
https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-PC1 ... rst&sr=8-3

Like I said JOG, clean it when it stops working. Honestly I can remember cleaning the bore on my 77/22 maybe 3 times since I got it in 1987. Still shoots , one of these days I'll get a .920 barrel for it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cleaning 22s...........? Seriously?
Come on guys, you need some caffeine.

Up at 6 this morning after my 12s this weekend. Snowblowed mine and my dad's out. Then I figured I'd crank up the old Grand Touring and take a ride to Bingham. Wasn't too bad considering it was Monday and hadn't been groomed after the weekend.
The pic by the signs is on the track bed between Solon and Bingham along the river. It was 70mph all the way. Nice.
The other is the same spot from both sides. If you look in the background, you can see the lake where we were ice fishing last week. The other side is a snow drift at the head of the field.
After I snapped the picture, I got back on the sled, hit the button, and "click".
Oh oh! That ain't good. After the first click, it wouldn't do anything. It wouldn't pull start either.
I checked fuses, all good. Started looking at plugs and moving stuff and it clicked again. Still wouldn't pull start.
Got it! Loose battery terminal! Whew. Off and running!
Last edited by OldWin on Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm sure I know the answer to this but do you carry tools with you on the sled? Nothing worse than needing tools back in the bush! How much snow did ya get ? When I got home from work I pushed the edges of my driveway back a bit more, snow tomorrow, maybe more over the weekend- gotta have somewhere to put it. I always push it well off the side but its getting claustrophobic! :D

Well the mason really screwed up! Instead of building piers out of block he laid stone from the ground up. One pier is 3" bigger at the top than it is at the bottom. Now that garage door opening to smaller and we can't get our jamb plumb ! I spent 30 minutes with an angle grinder & diamond wheel scoring & chipping to try and get it closer. Sucks when ya try to fix someone's screwups!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. It has a tool kit, spare plugs, and a spare belt under the hood.
It wasn't too bad today, but the wind made it cold. I wouldn't want to have to walk too far.
I did see a bunch of deer standing in the trail not far from the house. Couldn't get my phone outta all those clothes before they took off.
We got about 3" last night. Supposed to pick up a little tomorrow. They say more for the weekend but that's a long ways off.

Yeah, I hear you gunny. Nothing worse than fixing other people's screw up.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just caught the weather channel local forecast, tonight 1-3, tomorrow 1-3" then more by the weekend!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay....you ride by yourself? How far? 70 mph???!!! You have very large T's......Having a sled back in '76-around '84 told me you work on them as much as you ride them and I bought the machine new...a Polaris 340 SS.....top speed around 55 and that scared me....

Too much can go wrong with them for me to take a long ride without support....but that was older technology....

What's a machine like that cost...I believe mine was around 1800 but the same year I bought a top of the line Ford KLT 250 4x4 for $7100.

Forstner bits?

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Geeze.....those animals in Philly are blowing each other away like flies...SIXTY ONE murders since Jan. 1st. The authorities did a profile on all of the 61 and they found that their combined IQ was 72 and thus, no loss to society. Philly is #1 in murders.
Go Philly!!!!

Did you all hear about Maxine Waters?.....she had to take a bus in a city where the temperature was 20 degrees and while waiting for the bus she had to do a #2 real bad. She looked around and saw no one so she raised her dress and dropped it on the sidewalk.

The bus pulls up and the drivers says, "Hi Maxine, you can get on but your kid has to put the cigarette out."

This Gunny? Bought last year and never even open the package.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep, reach for those next time you are doing wood work. They excell in a drill press, hand held drill is good too, they don't throw ya around like a hole saw does.

Well no snow overnight.

I've never ridden a sled, 45 on my quad was enough for me! It's strange how much comfort doors give you! In school I helped a mechanic, parts run, test drives, ect as he had a couple DUIs . Anyhow he does a timing belt on a Toyota MR2, says go test it, TEST it I ask? Yup. A 2 mile dead flat dead straight section of road, I go through the gears at the mile mark I'm doing 125! Go turn around and the return trip at the mile I'm close to 150, front end starting to flutter :o ! Speedo went to 180... A buck fifty was enough speed for me.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's movin Gunny!
Not sure, but I think I've been faster on a motorcycle than a car. Somewhere around 120 maybe.

Been 100 on a sled. Yup, thats moovin!
The handling is different than something on solid pavement or dirt. Plus, the snow blind effect of the snow can be dangerous. Guy I know hit a pressure ridge on Moosehead Lake about 30 years ago. He was flat out on a Yamaha Phazer and never saw the 6 foot ridge. Paralyzed from the neck down. He was good rider too. Should have made a slow pass first.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:28 pm Jay....you ride by yourself? How far? 70 mph???!!! You have very large T's......Having a sled back in '76-around '84 told me you work on them as much as you ride them and I bought the machine new...a Polaris 340 SS.....top speed around 55 and that scared me....

Too much can go wrong with them for me to take a long ride without support....but that was older technology....

What's a machine like that cost...I believe mine was around 1800 but the same year I bought a top of the line Ford KLT 250 4x4 for $7100.

Forstner bits?
Haha yeah. I rode about 70 miles yesterday. I was never TOO far from civilization........well,......a road at least. There are some really remote and lonely stretches up north though.
Sleds are pretty dependable now. It drops quickly if you don't maintain them, however. Ours is a 2002. Hard to believe it's that old! It's way outdated now compared to the new ones. It still has heated driver and passenger handlebars and throttle. Also an in helmet intercom and shield defroster outlet.
The old Grand Touring tops out at about 90. It sold new for about $7800. We bought it when it was a couple years old. They depreciate fast. It has 3400 miles on it. Pretty low for this area.
The new ones are mostly all four strokes now. Very very nice and last forever. They list between 10 and 13k depending on options. Yup. Crazy!
The mountain sleds with paddle tracks are still mostly 2 strokes. Some are factory turbocharged and make 200hp. They have so much suspension you can ride them like motocross bikes.
While it's a poor investment, if I had money to burn, I'd like to have a new sled. Most everything else, I prefer old.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

When I entered high school my Dad traded in his old outboard motor boat for an inboard. And what an inboard... semi-flat bottomed Mandella with a 354 Chrysler Hemi. '53 or '54 motor, Had a single carb... went pretty fast... but not fast enough to pull me in races. So... after a year or so, my Dad bought a '57 Chrylser 300 (this around '65, '66) and had its 392 cubic inches professionally built. Ended up with 406 cubic inches, a cam, and running the stock Carter AFB carburetors (yep dual-quads), it dyno'd 625 hp at the flywheel. There was no transmission in the boat, just a v-drive, so virtually no wasted hps to the prop, it was pretty much all go! We ran it over a measured mile once, averaged 125 mph over the mile from a standing start. The first time after the new motor, my Dad goosed it and pulled me right over the top of my ski... I wasn't ready for the acceleration it now had. Never did that again! We started racing... Never did real well... as we were just in a family ski boat, up against real race boats. But, we held our own, for me... not finishing last was the goal. The '68 Grand National Ski Race was going to be on my 18th birthday... we set that as a goal... From Long Beach harbor to Avalon Bay on Catalina Island and back... a 62 mile course partly inside the Long Beach breakwater out to the open ocean and back. The record at the time was 1 hour 13 minutes set 5 years before. In practice runs we got some VERY impressive times, twice being under a hour, my last time being 57 minutes... Getting back to the starting area we celebrated a bit too soon! Dad kicked it up and as I swung out to propel myself into the area inside the little boat launching ramp, sorta sling-shot my way in, a big cabin cruiser came out accelerating long before they were supposed to... and I hit their wake sideways and spilled, cracking my kneecap when I hit my ski at an estimated 100mph! I'd just spent an hour jumping ocean swells and I spill over a boat wake! Okay, mind ya it was a BIG wake from a 30' cabin cruiser! I spent the race on the sidelines in a cast from hip to mid-foot! But hey! It got me a one year deferment from the draft! And the same knee that plagues me to this day! Constant reminder that one can make one mistake and suffer constantly for it! But seriously... turn in your man-cards... WOT, my friends, that's how one goes thru life! WOT!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes Griff!

Now THAT is crazy!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok...thanks Jay....I see maintenance is still the number one virtue in keeping a machine on the road...or trail.....3400 miles? you just drove across the US catty corner........

I put in a full 9.5 hours last night and when I woke up my stomach was puffy......full of gas....started farting in the bedroom and it went from there, through the bathroom, kitchen and into the living room..one continuous "toot" that sounded like the long version of "In a Gadda Da Vida" .....

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Had a 51' Ford 6 cyl, would go 95 mph downhill.

Six, wanna talk about living in the past, my first Sixgun.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I knew of a Honda quad that had 14,000 miles on it !
Hitting water at 100mph - OUCH!
Larry the Cable Guy tells of his grandmother with ' the walkin fanny burbs ' - didn't know you were a grandmother! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:13 pm Had a 51' Ford 6 cyl, would go 95 mph downhill.

Six, wanna talk about living in the past, my first Sixgun.
That's a NICE cap gun ya got there....if I remember right we were given a roll of caps and they had to last all summer.....

Here's my cap gun, from 1886.---6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh yea Gunny....it's called "walking and farting".....you walk some and fanny burp and you accomplish two things.....1.) you make it harder for the "smeller" to pin point where it came from and 2.) you help to spread the smell for more people to enjoy........I was great at doing that at gunshows....I'd walk to a crowded table, fanny burp and then walk to the next table....then turn around and watch people looking at other people and usually fixating on some short fat guy with dirty clothes on......

The very best one was when me and my brother were at a Jim Thorpe gunshow upstate around 1980..... hardly anybody was there and I had oil refinery fanny burbs that were so thick they would show up in a picture......we were both standing together and my brother was talking to the dealer when I felt my stomach gurgle....and I let it out, waited 10 seconds and walked to the next table.....funnier than hell, I looked back and both were gagging with neither person knowing who farted.

Those were the days.....not much is fun anymore.....

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah yeah, always beans the night before a gunshow !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Chemical warfare!
Most gun shows are cloudy indoors. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup, the Geneva convention means ZIP when it comes to gun shows ! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well,
Me and mom are doing it....DEREGISTER TO VOTE! I'm going to get as many people as I can to follow in my steps. I'll re register IF AND WHEN voter integrity is lawfully on the books...

https://www.votespa.com/Resources/Docum ... nglish.pdf

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Do you think we will ever have TRUE voter results ever again?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:52 am Do you think we will ever have TRUE voter results ever again?
Nope. They got away with it. Actually, we haven't had one since the 2000 debacle. Nobody did anything about that cheating, so they knew they could be even more blatant about it.
Now it's time for them to move on to the next level of corruption.

I guess the good news is, a few more years and we won't have to worry about the Mexicans jumping the fence. Everyone here will be going the other way.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

As long as there's mail in ballots there will never be a fair election again! I think you should vote in person with photo i.d.. If your not responsible enough to obtain a photo i.d. your probably voting for the socialist anyway! The only mail in ballot should be used for service men stationed overseas. Way to many dead people voting socialist {democrat].
Jail time for anybody convicted of fraud. Deportation for any illegal trying to vote! Does that sound to harsh?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

JOG wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:16 am As long as there's mail in ballots there will never be a fair election again! I think you should vote in person with photo i.d.. If your not responsible enough to obtain a photo i.d. your probably voting for the socialist anyway! The only mail in ballot should be used for service men stationed overseas. Way to many dead people voting socialist {democrat].
Jail time for anybody convicted of fraud. Deportation for any illegal trying to vote! Does that sound to harsh?
Not a photo id- FINGER PRINT !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:18 am
JOG wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:16 am As long as there's mail in ballots there will never be a fair election again! I think you should vote in person with photo i.d.. If your not responsible enough to obtain a photo i.d. your probably voting for the socialist anyway! The only mail in ballot should be used for service men stationed overseas. Way to many dead people voting socialist {democrat].
Not a photo id- FINGER PRINT !!
Nope! No finger prints.
I got a thing with that. Finger prints are for criminals. It was one thing when they had to physically look through and compare a list of "usual suspects".
Now they push a button and see every one on file.
This is a fast way of trying to prove your innocence for something. They are slowly building a database of everyone. This is why they went around doing it in schools for "safety".
Never allowed my kids to be taken.
My youngest son was cause he is in the military, but that is different. He is technically property of the government.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:38 pm Oh yea Gunny....it's called "walking and farting".....you walk some and fanny burp and you accomplish two things.....1.) you make it harder for the "smeller" to pin point where it came from and 2.) you help to spread the smell for more people to enjoy........I was great at doing that at gunshows....I'd walk to a crowded table, fanny burp and then walk to the next table....then turn around and watch people looking at other people and usually fixating on some short fat guy with dirty clothes on......

The very best one was when me and my brother were at a Jim Thorpe gunshow upstate around 1980..... hardly anybody was there and I had oil refinery fanny burbs that were so thick they would show up in a picture......we were both standing together and my brother was talking to the dealer when I felt my stomach gurgle....and I let it out, waited 10 seconds and walked to the next table.....funnier than hell, I looked back and both were gagging with neither person knowing who farted.

Those were the days.....not much is fun anymore.....
The technical term for that is "cropdusting". I did it too much at the car dealership and became "the feller" by default whenever there was an incident. In all fairness I was usually guilty. However, I was never guilty of projectile cropdusting. No matter what you hear that was not me.
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Larkbill,
Yep! Nothing to be ashamed of.....the stinkier your fanny burp s are is an indication your system is operating properly...(look it up)....as I've aged I noticed they don't stink as much as they used to but on the other hand, I don't eat hot dogs, cheap jerky, or drink beer anymore........

Like most guys my age, I have good junk laying around.....things you just don't want to get rid of......dang if I didn't find an old lathe downstairs....a small one, maybe 3' long. It's the kind that has no motor so I have to get a motor with a pulley and a belt of some sort to get it running.......

Never fooled with it...bought it at an estate sale and stashed it........

JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

It seems that forum regulars have to have some type of gastrointestinal dysfunction! Perhaps there is a quality flatulent forum we can discuss what food destroys our worn out old colons! I'm just kidding, but some of your fanny burp story's are cracking me up! I'll think I'll stay away from gun shows if you bad BUTTS are lurking!
Last edited by JOG on Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Here in Texas, the hot peppers make your butt whistles spicy enough that they burn the sender as well as singeing the nose hairs of anyone in range.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room XLI

Post by Sixgun »

JOG....it's this simple....fanny burbs are funny and never get old.....if you don't think fanny burbs are funny you have a sense of humor issue.....

Everything has their place...I do NOT fanny burp in front of my wife.....I NEVER fanny burp at a table where people are eating, even at deer camp where we are all pigs anyway....when I was working, not in the lunchroom.......never intentionally around women or children. Use common sense, let's pretend i have a meeting at a lawyers office or a doctor's appointment, well, I'm not going to blast away......

But around the guys..let em riiiiiiiiiiipppp!......I even have the distinction of of making a top shooter lose first place at a shoot off at a long range benchrest Silhouette match because I farted......he was zeroing in on the five hundred meter rams which were about the size of two clay birds and I let out a quiet one that equaled the smell you get at an indoor basketball game in the hood........it stunk so bad he looked up from his scope and around people to see what it was.....we were all quiet as church mice and as he settled back in to position he accidentally hit his four ounce trigger and blew the shot. Somehow I got blamed for it and was even accused of being on the payroll of the guy he was shooting against.

Well, I got to put this lathe together and see what it'll do.......Six o da bro wit hoe wit axle grease in da wig...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Ask people what scenes they remember from Blazing Saddles. The eating beans around the campfire scene is always one of the ones remembered.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What a laugh after dealing with reports to an insurance company over an accident they seem to want to pin on me. Consultation with my accident recon buddy over CA Vehicle Code and 21755.

Apparently Jeeps are tougher than Hondas.

Now technically physiologically, the stinkier the phartz, The more poorly and incompletely your system is processing the offending material ;-)

And Six, I wish I could say I have as considerate a record as you ;-)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...I think the best part of Blazing Saddles was when the "new" sheriff was riding into town but was still at a distance to where he could not be made out in"detail".....the guy with the telescope was hollering , "the sheriff is "near".

Runner up was when a "railroad worker" was sinking in the quicksand with the "pump up and down rail car"....and Slim Pickens says, "F the N, that's a four hundred dollar rail machine that's sinking."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiUdtxe2YnU

Back to fanny burbs...... Fred, I respectfully disagree with you.....everything I read says the bacteria is working perfectly when your fanny burbs stink bad.....both my dad and grandfather could sing "The Star Spangled Banner" and make the paint curl off the walls and they both lived to 80 and 96....

I got to get back to that lathe.------006

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six, of course respectfully, where did you read this? I would be interested in the dietary info as I am interested in many opinions and how they are based. There and many many views of diet and what is best. And there are populations that have stabilized in health over hundreds of not more years on very different diets.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

' these are just plain, simple folks... you know morons" this is was Gene Wilder to Clevon Little .
Best was the Little Old Lady.

I take acidophilus daily, no stink , some music, as Dad said- you better get that thing tuned up! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:00 pm Well Six, of course respectfully, where did you read this? I would be interested in the dietary info as I am interested in many opinions and how they are based. There and many many views of diet and what is best. And there are populations that have stabilized in health over hundreds of not more years on very different diets.

Doctor Fred....I apologize......while we are both right, you are MORE right........colon cancer can leave one of those fanny burbs where someone says, "Geeze, did something crawl up your Pat Toomy and die??"

Well, You are the doctor but I am an uppity and highly edumacated peon........

Gunny......yea! The little old lady!! We watch it from time to time to get some laughs and we both wonder how much the atmosphere has changed in such a short time.----6

JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Anybody have a newer Marlin with that dam red safety button on the receiver? I have a Jm 2006 1895 Marlin cowboy for a few months now and cant stand the safety! I received the blued safety delete from Beartooth Mercantile in the mail today. It took less than 48 hours to arrive. It took me 15 min to install due to the size of the microscopic screw. It sure looks a whole lot better! Now I need to replace the finger lever plunger spring or plunger. It's smooth the full length of movement when racking the lever. When opening or closing the lever you here a pop! I can do it with my fingers in the lever without to much of a problem. When it's on the shoulder it pretty tough! I put a little grease on the plunger sticking out of the lever. It helps lighten it up for a short time. Tomorrow I'll put 20 round's of 45-70 thru the Marlin cowboy if it's not to cold! If it's around 20 degrees with no wind that would be great! There is about 15 or so inches of crusty snow in the woods. By the time I walk in my shooting spot I have to relax and breath a while before shooting. Good exercise anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:12 pm
Old Savage wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:00 pm Well Six, of course respectfully, where did you read this? I would be interested in the dietary info as I am interested in many opinions and how they are based. There and many many views of diet and what is best. And there are populations that have stabilized in health over hundreds of not more years on very different diets.

Doctor Fred....I apologize......while we are both right, you are MORE right........colon cancer can leave one of those fanny burp s where someone says, "Geeze, did something crawl up your Pat Toomy and die??"

Well, You are the doctor but I am an uppity and highly edumacated peon........

Gunny......yea! The little old lady!! We watch it from time to time to get some laughs and we both wonder how much the atmosphere has changed in such a short time.----6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Be clever my friend but don't be crude. Paco is and was a very honorable I individual who gave us this forum. My efforts are to maintain standards as he intended.

You are a very valued and knowledgeable member who I am honored to call friend.

Thank you for all your contributions.

:-)