The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:13 pm Looks like a LeMat, carbine has a shotgun butt...
You win!!!!!!!....not many would have picked out the shotgun butt.

What are you doing up this late?
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What was I doing up so late? I was going to bed! :D
So do I win the LeMat or the carbine?

Achy shoulders this morning, shoveling- nope not a fan, snowblower has made me use muscles I'm not used to using too. Oh well I'll get over it!

Never had the opportunity to see a LeMet in person, only read about them. That big smooth bore central barrel would make an outlaw think twice.

Survival psychologist? Never knew there was such a thing... Weather Channel series, SOS How to Survive.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup! I snoozed......I lost.
Saw them both. We got a lot of shotgun butt carbines up here (not 86's) so I usually spot em.
Always wanted to hold a LeMat in my hand.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

There were two Lamats in that auction......one was beat so bad I could hardly tell what it was....and that one brought 5'gs.

Still remember those two new unfired 1876's.....I appraised them at $7,500 each and was told by the auctioneer I was waaaaayyyy off on them and other guns......their "team" had reservations on my ability.....many b.p.presentation guns and early Dragoons, Wells Fargo 49' ers, a beat up 1876 NWMP ....oh heck, about 3-500 guns.....it was a two day auction.......
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow man! Just.....wow.
What's that beauty chambered in?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

45-70 ...absolute mint bore and not a mark on it...case colors faded but still visible....you have to see it to see the colors.....

Had it upstate one time when the game commission ran buck and doe together....I had no intention of shooting a doe......was standing in the woods with my BIL bs'en when about 6 does come running from left to right about 40-50 yards away. "I said, watch this, I'm gonna turn em around." I let loose with about 5 rounds twenty yards in front of them and ya know what? .....every doe kept going the way they were headed. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. If they don't smell you, you ain't there.

I was sitting on a log one time with my dad's old 94 eastern carbine. I didn't have a lot of time to hunt that year and was going to shoot whatever went by.
Four does walked up within 20 yards and stopped. I picked the biggest one and shot her in the neck. She dropped like a rock. The bullet passed the nose of o e beside her by about 3 inches. I never moved or ran the action on the rifle. The other 3 stood right there looking all around for a slow count if 20. They looked at the dead one and slowly walked off one by one.

I've stood still and had them walk by at arms length before too. It's about movement and scent.

Oh,
Can I have the 86? :D
I'll even drive down and pick it up.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey....hey ...hey there! Let's not get greedy!

Do you realize you have other things to think about? Today is THURSDAY......Tomorrow you get to begin your 3 12's....lucky guy you are. I told mom that if I get up before noon tomorrow I'll take her to the hardware Store & Feed where I need to pick up a few things and after that aaaallllllll the way to the famous Jimmy John's Hot Dog......about the only place open...for real, a ww2 vet opened this place up in '46 and has the best hot dogs in the world. I can't eat em but they will make me a no salt hamburger and saltless fries......

Don't forget Jay.....your still a young man..."Don't let your hot dog stand" nor "don't let your meat loaf"
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I had some wonderful Mexican food today with Todd 3 legged turtle. The little restaurant on the corner across from the Ellis County Court building has some excellent food.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We have Hot Dog Johnny's. He too started just after WW2, been in the family since. BEST fries on the planet, dogs are girdle fried and fantastic birch beer! They also have buttermilk serve in glass mugs. We always stopped there on our way to Quebec. Heartburn for the road! :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your 3 12's Jay! I have a feeling you are going to hate it. Don't ask me why...

Birds have been called off, none of us want to stomp through 20" of snow, I'm not making my dogs hunt in it either , good way to get injured! However I might grab my benelli and some OO and go look for a fat doe...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well Gunny, I have 10.5 years experience with it. I worked it from May 99 till January 2010.
Yup, they are some long days. But...
It's a whole lot less driving and WAY less dealing with people I can't stand in a place I hate. I get to sneak in and out as unnoticed as possible.
Now, if the place would only close, I could have the shift I really want. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Got out for a little hard water fishing with the old man yesterday. No fish but a really nice day. Didn't put the shack out this year so we used the pop up. It works great and allows you to go anywhere. Everything fits on the dogsled and pulls nice with the old Grand Touring. She ran like a champ yesterday. Been wanting to get it out and run it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Won't see that in Cali forn I a. ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I haven't ice fished since I was a kid, just not enough ice most years.

Now that you are older (& wiser) makes me think you are really going to hate that shift. I hope you can stick it out to make your full retirement.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It got to 70° here yesterday. No Ice fishing happening here.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Cool little tent there Jayson......you got more toys than any man.....you get aaaallllllllllllllll the neat stuff!

I must admit, you don't sit around the house like I do anymore.....hey! Those one pound propane cylinders on your camp stove.....I refill them for my gun room gas heater.....I'm paranoid about using a large tank in the house so I use the o e pounders with an adapter.....one canister will keep me warm all night.

Well, got some 32-20 loads I want to test out back today.-----6....nobody
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We filled propane tanks at the lumberyard, your paranoia is good! A 20lbs propane cylinder contains approximately 4.5-5 gallons of liquified petroleum gas, if allowed to expand into vapor it will take up 300% more space and if you were stupid enough to have your hand too close to the fill nozzle and got the liquid on your skin you had a nice -120F instant frost burn! There has been a few times homes have been on fire and a tank exploded killing fire fighters. Don't keep big tanks inside!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear you Master Gunny! At work we had to fill our tanks for the forklift and when we were running the production lines, the metal was to the pedal and we would burn up a tank in about 8 hours.....as the years went on and I had the seniority to work the outside warehouses it would take me 3 or 4 days for a fill up..... :D and yes, there were times I'd go a week without filling...good ole Teamsters.

Propane is -37 degrees.....what a way to get a warm beer cold. Back in the day, on a weekend, the guys were in the lunchroom looking out towards the big propane tank and they were saying to each other, "what the F is he (me) doing out there?...look at all that vapor!"

Heck, I was getting a six pack all ready for drinking....those were the days! From there it was to the back of the warehouse for a smoke, and sometimes a line......then back to the lunchroom to laugh at the unfortunates!
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:23 amNow that you are older (& wiser) makes me think you are really going to hate that shift. I hope you can stick it out to make your full retirement.
What whiners! I've had 5 days off in the last 4-½ weeks. And 4 of those have been away from home! Even then, I had to do some form of maintenance work... usually outside, and except for Wednesday in GA, below freezing!

Retirement = a slow, drawn-out death, pinchin' pennies, worried over things outside ones' control! I like spending my days wondering why rest areas aren't better spaced to fit my bladder, and nites wondering if it'd be worth dropping a handful of ball bearings in front of the a-hole passing me with a speed differential of 1/10 mph and his high beams right in my mirror. Life is meant to be challenging, don't give up!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am curious as to why so many idiots can get behind the wheel but think that their headlights are not on unless that light on the dashboard is lit up. Yes, I am serious. I have had people tell me that their lights are not on unless that light on the dash is lit up. They do exist! :roll:
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well? Master?....Jay?....Oh! Forgot, Jays working......I like how you said, "with people I don't like in a place I hate".

Piller...no pics from your meeting with Turtledude?

Well, another stressful day.....had to go to the post office to get the mail...(1/10 of a mile down the road) ......and there was one person ahead of me! Had to wait something like 2 minutes twiddling my fingers......then it was down to the hardware and feed store....dumped a couple of c notes on stupid stuff...

On to Jimmy John's for the world's best hotdogs and hamburgers.....Miss Apple had her own hot dog and small cup of ice cream...threw the roll out the window....

Get our county real estate tax bill......yea, I'm complained earlier in the year....my taxes stayed the same while my SIL's went up $500.

Well, got to get ready for bed......got to get my rest so I have energy spending all that free money that comes 4 times a month for doing nothing......
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hear about the 2 'brilliant ' people here?
Darwin award contestant #1:
Mother with her infant daughter tried to walk across the Passaic River. Fall through the ice. Cop saves them by grabbing a kayak.
Contestant #2
Woman in Newark stuck in her van for 5 days when plow trucks bury her in snow. Called 911 numerous times but couldn't be found- she was giving WRONG address.

Six, spraying the weeds inside the propane fill station did a great job of killing weeds. Had a groundhog burrow just beyond the length of hose we had. I would have given it a good fumigation!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! I like those Darwin awards.....and they are multiplying fast.....colleges are spitting out thousands every year.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No pics. Didn't think about it. I think that he enjoyed the chips and salsa while waiting on the meal. We had a great visit.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Chips and salsa? Oh man, you have no idea how bad I want to eat something like that....today, I had Jimmy John's cook my hamburger (not cheeseburger) with no salt and no salt fries....the wife and Miss Apple can eat anything and watching them eat those hot dogs was driving me crazy so I grabbed one and took a bite out of it......was like heaven.

Chips and salsa is only a dream for me unless I want to ...as you say....keep from falling off the floor.

A thousand milligrams of salt MAX comes very fast even if eating "no salt added food".

BP has been rising lately due to lack of exercise and outdoor activities so I do a mile on the treadmill at 3 mph with about a 10 degree incline.....takes a bit over 20 minutes...don't know if that's enough but that's all I'm doing....non stop...sweating like a pig...you think that's enough with your medical knowledge?

I probably could do 2 miles at the same rate but see no need.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

About 20 minutes sweating while working out is probably helpful. 3 times a week at that pace is helpful.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Not totally unusual, but my kidneys kick out salt a little faster than normal. Not having Menieres, i need to take in close to the high end of normal amounts just to keep enough in me for proper function.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: Nunya & Argo

Post by Sixgun »

Interesting Piller...thank you.......ill do some reading when I feel like it.....I've been on it for close to a week (everyday) and my BP has dropped. .....still running high..around 135/80....l like it 120/70.......I'm very particular on my health.

I'll give it another week and increase it to a mile and a half if need be.----6

Can I borrow one of your kidneys so I can hot dogs again?
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: Good Ole Kalifornia

Post by Sixgun »

Ain't this nice!! Hunter Biden moves into a multi million dollar home with secret service protection 24/7.....and...the local residents are happpy because the city had to remove the homeless people from s in the street and leaving needles and used condoms laying around....good ole Kalifornia.....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hunter-biden ... calif-home
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six, I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on tv but I was told by a man with 3 medical degrees that if you get your heart rate up to/ over 120 bpm you are getting beneficial exercise. This Dr was primarily a chiropractor, he would walk 2 miles everyday at lunch- 1 mile forwards and a mile backwards! Want to talk about engaging your core! Guy was in his mid 80's , was strong as an ox!

Winter storm warning, 4-7" of snow tonight & tomorrow.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Good Ole Kalifornia

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:39 am Ain't this nice!! Hunter Biden moves into a multi million dollar home with secret service protection 24/7.....and...the local residents are happpy because the city had to remove the homeless people from s in the street and leaving needles and used condoms laying around....good ole Kalifornia.....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hunter-biden ... calif-home
I'm sure there worried about the temptation to Hunter.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Reading the tripe the neighbors were coming out with I am sure Hunter will fit right in....
Apparently they didn't like homeless criminals but are happy to welcome any of America's biggest lowlife family members to their community as long as they are wealthy and have added security ( I presume men with guns ) keeping the Rif Raf away.

Al Capone was nothing more than a a two bit amateur crook compared to the sort of people connected to today's government.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You hit that nail squarely on the head GK!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Alexandra Ocasio-Smollett has been telling about how she was in danger during the DC riots. Even the Demoncrats are telling her to shut up.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My grandfather used to say-
She needs to take a long walk off a short pier.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:24 am Reading the tripe the neighbors were coming out with I am sure Hunter will fit right in....
Apparently they didn't like homeless criminals but are happy to welcome any of America's biggest lowlife family members to their community as long as they are wealthy and have added security ( I presume men with guns ) keeping the Rif Raf away.

Al Capone was nothing more than a a two bit amateur crook compared to the sort of people connected to today's government.

I've said this before and the invitation stands.....Gamekeeper.....fly into Philly with a friend/wife/whoever .....I will pick you up.......we have a guest room......we can do whatever you want....shoot.....even full auto stuff......b.s...drive around and I can show you where the English fought George Washington in the Battle of the Brandywine..where soldiers are buried....small battlefields that are not on the map and are mostly unknown to everyone except local residents.....(my wife's cousins used to find cannonballs in the corn fields)........many small towns around here are named after English towns, generals from both sides...

You can stay one day, two days, 3.... or a week as usually after a week everyone wants to get back to business..... :D Then I will drop you off to the car rental place and send you on your way.....

I'll call Jay, Gunny, Fordwannabe, Piller, Old Savage, and anyone else who wants to drive that far and we can have a shoot-fest.

YOU belong on this side of the pond.....-------6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny...I used to hear dat but a bit different...."a long walk on a short plank". Remember those old pirate movies when the one eyed captain with the parrot on his shoulder would make the bad man,.."walk the plank" :D . Oh man, could you all imagine having a whole line of leftist politicians lined up with cinder blocks tied to em? :D

Yea Gunny...more snow on the horizon.......
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I'll provide the lead for floation in her shoes. Lead floats, doesn't it?
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:03 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:24 am Reading the tripe the neighbors were coming out with I am sure Hunter will fit right in....

I've said this before and the invitation stands.....Gamekeeper.....fly into Philly with a friend/wife/whoever .....I will pick you up.......we have a guest room......we can do whatever you want....shoot.....even full auto stuff......b.s...drive around and I can show you where the English fought George Washington in the Battle of the Brandywine..where soldiers are buried....small battlefields that are not on the map and are mostly unknown to everyone except local residents.....(my wife's cousins used to find cannonballs in the corn fields)........many small towns around here are named after English towns, generals from both sides...

You can stay one day, two days, 3.... or a week as usually after a week everyone wants to get back to business..... :D Then I will drop you off to the car rental place and send you on your way.....

I'll call Jay, Gunny, Fordwannabe, Piller, Old Savage, and anyone else who wants to drive that far and we can have a shoot-fest.

I thank you once again for your kind invitation, if ever I get airborne again it will definitely in a westward direction..... :D got to find a buffalo coat first.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Only hollow point lead floats!

Well I slipped into my scentlok suit, then my snow camo, eased a 3" 1 buck up the pipe with 2 3" 00 in the mag of my Benelli M1Super 90 (H&K ) and went for a walk. This deep snow has the deer hunkered down. Not a lot of sign. Kinda noisy but I was able to find a doe & fawn but just a smidge far to be shooting buckshot. They walked away. Saw another tail or two in the thickest nastiest pile of multiflora rose ever. Anyhow I covered a good deal of the 90 acres but that was all. I really didn't feel like dragging a deer back to the truck uphill both ways in this much snow.. Now Ben is happy as he got to go for a walk... been feeling neglected I guess.

Yes GK come for a visit- bring me a nice 12 bore game gun!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Not bad Gunny...not much beats a nice walk in the woods with plenty of snow.....I bet you came home all relaxed.

Getting ready for more snow...played outside all day with the mighty Kubota and the woodpile then took Miss Apple for a walk....

Funny thing, just got off the phone with one of two friends I have......he was telling me this guy at his gunclub was shooting a Winchester comm. of some sort and the mag tube fell out.....he finds the part was cast.......J.U.N.K.....we started laughing at guys who shoot Rossi's and they are lucky to get 2 boxes out of them until they too fall apart....... :D

This guy is just as heavy into the old guns as I am and has more Winchesters, just not nowhere near the sixguns I have and he's telling me, "yea, it's all junk today, heck me and you shoot 100+ year old Winchesters thousands of times with no issues...he's telling me the post War-pre '64 Winchesters are hot and how me and him used to turn our noses up at those guns for $200. I told him they are never going to bring the big bucks because they made too many of em....dunno....

Well, feel some gas coming up and I have clean underwear on...hate to brown em up---006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not relaxed, more like tired after walking 1+ miles in knee deep snow. I don't enjoy the deer season like I used to, much prefer wing shooting.

Cast mag tube? I guess that's another cost saving ploy.

Yep more snow, 3-5, 4-7, more, less... we all know the weatherman talks out of the vertical smile ! I see more coming later in the week too.

Well shop stove is burning, nice and warm in there so I can work today. The club has decided new stream markers are needed. So I'm going to make PVC fish that we can then number and attach to a post or tree . Pics later.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:44 pm
Sixgun wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:03 pm

I thank you once again for your kind invitation, if ever I get airborne again it will definitely in a westward direction..... :D got to find a buffalo coat first.... :lol:

Well old buddy.......
There's buffalo coats........and then there is THE buffalo coat. Normally, I don't lend it out, but for a fine gentleman such as yourself I will make an exception.
It works out actually. I'm the farthest east so you will have it before you get to Six's place. Very important. :D
We can sit in my gun room and discuss it's use over some bourbon.
Oh.....Just please refrain from putting it on till you get outside please. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:45 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Lordy, I can't take it anymore!....Gamekeeper, DO NOT fall for Old Win's deceitful lies. He's going to trick you into visiting him first. He has TWO buffalo coats.....the big heavy one is when he visits here and the other is worn by Jay's wife....it's a lightweight version. So that means while your visiting him in his gunroom he will feed you cheap wood alcohol bourbon made by his neighbor and as your vision starts getting blurry, he will politely ask for you to take off your coat which he hands to his partner in crime and she will rifle (no pun intended) your coat into the lightweight version of the famous main battle weapon, Jay's coat and you will be sent on your way, minus any money that was intended for me.

Come here first...give me first dibs.

Sure is nice after this type of snow...gonna get dressed and take Miss Apple out for a walk.

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'd be concerned if GK showed up wearing one of those great big fur hats that the palace guards wear- before ya knew it the mighty Kubota would be missing ! :lol:

Snow is about over, time to get outside and start pushing driveways.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I'm just in from some 22 cal. fun! I have been meaning to put some Federal Premium Match 40 grain solid 22 caliber. I brought out my Winchester 9422 and my U.S.F.A. 12\22. I put a little over 100 rounds thru them. I use the stick on targets that turn orange when you hit them. The Winchester 9422 is just a dream to shoot! It's kind of overcast and somewhat dark with a storm heading our way within the hour in southern Maine. Once I hit dead center and the orange became visible I hit dead center just about every time. I should be shooting in the field, better lighting. I was shooting 35 yard's with the rifle. With the USFA I started at 15 yard's, which I think it was sighted in at at the factory. The quality of the USFA blow's away the Colt's 22's that I've owned over the year's. Not to mention that it is full size saa. I think Colt scales there 22's saa down a bit. The 22's are a blast to shoot with great accuracy. I just hate to clean 22's! It started to snow towards the end of my session. 6 inches on the way, with about 13 or so inches of crust on the ground. So after breaking ice off the roof I decided to shoot. I know the brutal cold is on the way pushing down from Canada. Southern Maine will not be spared. After a fall on the ice yesterday I'm pushing it! I fell on the ice on top of the roof! The good news is I didn't not fall off the roof! Even my ice creepers didn't prevent me from falling!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

JOG, if my 22s aren't wet with precipitation then I clean them when the quit working! Ok maybe a wipe down but nary a bore brush until it stops working. 22 bores like to be dirty. Can't even take a guess how many thousands through my 10/22 before it stopped working... 5?,10?, 15 thousand on the praire dog towns. Ah well thats just my opinion- know what they say about opinions!

Just plowed, 8 driveways again. The other 5 I used to do now pay someone else so thats fine by me. Ranger works like a champ, roof, doors & tunes- so glad I didn't buy a tractor. Although I could use a bucket loader.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:58 pm JOG, if my 22s aren't wet with precipitation then I clean them when the quit working! Ok maybe a wipe down but nary a bore brush until it stops working. 22 bores like to be dirty. Can't even take a guess how many thousands through my 10/22 before it stopped working... 5?,10?, 15 thousand on the praire dog towns. Ah well thats just my opinion- know what they say about opinions!

Just plowed, 8 driveways again. The other 5 I used to do now pay someone else so thats fine by me. Ranger works like a champ, roof, doors & tunes- so glad I didn't buy a tractor. Although I could use a bucket loader.
I've always heard that you should not clean a barrel on a 22 cal. After 200 or 300 I generally do. I've was told it will effect accuracy. With my Ruger single six I let it go for quite a while before cleaning. I'm so use to cleaning everything I own after shooting. I appreciate your opinion sir!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Cleaned this one after 24 years then shot this offhand to see how that worked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...