The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Sixgun »

The last time we had over 3" of snow was 655 days ago.

Calling for 10"...yeeeeaaaaaa! You can get down on my big 10"...record! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=00zuDUNTeXM
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hey Six, how do you measure 10 inches? Texans fold it in half.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok, today I walk into our post office...very small as the floor area for customers is only about 8x10. They claim our post office is the oldest in the country that still operates out of the same building...

I walk through the door and there are 3 customers waiting in line to get to the window...they are practicing social distance....see picture one......I said, without a mask and a gun hanging out of my pocket, "excuse me" and retrieved the mail from my box. At the same time I said "hello" to the only employee at the customer window whom I've known for many years. She said hello back and we exchanged a few words of pleasantry. I got my mail and turned to go out.....said "goodby and take care" to Sue.....the other two customers who were waiting in line when I first walked in were now in a little 3'x3' cubby hole, huddled together.

It wasn't my demeanor as I talked pleasantly...it wasn't my clothing as I had on near new fresh jeans and the same in a flannel shirt, clean boots and a clean hat, fresh shave, clean hair..although a bit long........the gun was barely noticeable....but I wasn't wearing a mask.

See drawing below......THATS HOW SCARED PEOPLE ARE.....WE HAVE A NATION OF PU-,9$@.

I walked out and told mom who was waiting in the Jeep and she pizzed herself laughing....

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Funny is something we all need.
As far as those two worried about you, Good Grief! I am more worried about some tatted and pierced 20 something with a black shirt on anymore. They are more likely to start trouble. They can't finish it, but man oh man can they start it.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those who can finish it are not the ones who usually start it.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Your right- i can't see your gun !!!

I figured that would get you laughing !!

Hey where's my buckshot !?

So we got 2 windows installed today. The old ones didn't have exterior trim, gotta cut the siding back, remove interior trim, pull the nails out of the flange and remove. Reverse order to replace. Of course the first nail i drive this morning bent and I waffled my left thumb , 25 ° and numb fingers WOW did that hurt!

Harrisburg up to the Pokeyournose 18-24" ! Hey Tom you can pour buckshot during the storm! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It wasn't me they were afraid of...they were afraid that I didn't have a mask on...all three customers were late twenty/early thirty college graduates .....I can tell by their snotty looks and the BMW's outside......well, maybe they were worried about their snot nosed kids...either way, I could care less....

You guys from Texas see real people...that's where I belong.....there or upstate.....here we have a minimum two acre limit to build a house. The new norm is for a developer to buy up a farmers land, and build 5,000 sq foot stick houses on a postage stamp sized lot and then have "open space". In twenty years someone will pay off the county to develop the open areas. It's like there where my son lives...huge houses on tiny lots....you can look out the window and set your neighbor taking a Steve.

Well Gunny...it WAS 12-18".....this afternoon it was 6-10".....tomorrow it will be flurries but the advertisers and tv stations will,be happy because they made a mint.----6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Next post....I'm bored....decided to play with real safe queens...the safe queens of safe queens.....

The Colt New Service is a very large double action pre war gun with a total made of around 357K of which half were WW1 military guns......you don't see too many civilian models.....during this run from 1898-1940 Colt came out with a target version which is scarce, only a few thousand were made.....that's the one I've been working with that has the cut off barrel....

Then sometime in the late twenties or early thirties Colt came out with an updated and refined New Service Target and called it the Shooting Master......smoother than a Python and only a scant amount were made, maybe a thousand of which 95% were in 38 Spl....I read where only a dozen or so were made in 44 Spl. The below pictured one is in 44 Spl and has a factory fitted extra cylinder and crane for the 44-40........one screw and I change the caliber......shoots like a scoped rifle, well, it did back when I could see the sights better.......427 groove diameter and .427 throats on both cylinders.....

Maybe one day I'll have Julia auctions sell it and I can buy the whole Rossi factory. :D ...yea....just b.b.and they know who they are.----006 secret agent who can't tell his wife what he's doing.

wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

She aint a safe queen but i just picked up a new carry gun....gotta love a Nighthawk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey boys...new dude coming over to b.s.....

Always liked the two tone look...sets them apart from the rest of the herd...45?---6

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nice looking gun. Nighthawk has earned a good reputation.
D. Brian Casady
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Oh Gunny! Still at Mom’s mostly. I worked today doing an investigation about an elopement from one of the facilities. Then I stopped on the way back to Mom’s at my house. Put the plow on the four wheeler parked it in the driveway covered up and plugged in. Then went to fill the gas on the snow blower. It was running out the bottom as fast as I was putting it in the top;&47;&;8;$:@/. I reached down to turn off the valve at the fuel tank and the valve came off in my hand. Tore it apart to see how much fuel line I needed then went to parts store. By that time I was due back at Mom’s for evening meds and to relieve my brother soooo no buckshot production today. Mom’s follow up visit is tomorrow at 1400 hoping they don’t cancel it.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:07 pm Next post....I'm bored....decided to play with real safe queens...the safe queens of safe queens.....

The Colt New Service is a very large double action pre war gun with a total made of around 357K of which half were WW1 military guns......you don't see too many civilian models.....during this run from 1898-1940 Colt came out with a target version which is scarce, only a few thousand were made.....that's the one I've been working with that has the cut off barrel....

Then sometime in the late twenties or early thirties Colt came out with an updated and refined New Service Target and called it the Shooting Master......smoother than a Python and only a scant amount were made, maybe a thousand of which 95% were in 38 Spl....I read where only a dozen or so were made in 44 Spl. The below pictured one is in 44 Spl and has a factory fitted extra cylinder and crane for the 44-40........one screw and I change the caliber......shoots like a scoped rifle, well, it did back when I could see the sights better.......427 groove diameter and .427 throats on both cylinders.....

Maybe one day I'll have Julia auctions sell it and I can buy the whole Rossi factory. :D ...yea....just b.b.and they know who they are.----006 secret agent who can't tell his wife what he's doing.

Wowwwwwww!!!!!!!!
I missed that one. Where's my coat? :mrgreen:
I missed a beautiful New Service several years ago at my buddies shop. A bud of mine beat me to it. We are always doing that to each other. I beat him out of a 2nd gen SAA so I got even......I guess.
Yeah, the news does that up here over snow storms too. I call em "weather terrorists". Up here?.......really?

wvfarrier wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:11 pm She aint a safe queen but i just picked up a new carry gun....gotta love a Nighthawk.
Welcome to the fun room wvfarrier!
I'd say a classy Nighthawk will buy you in. Just ship it on up to me anytime. :D
That's some good stuff. Bra-vo sir!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

006, can I have it? I like .44 Spls. ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Good to hear you are keeping that nasty nurse away from your Mom! :D Just busting yer nards pard!

Yup that colt looks like it's in very nice shape, Fred ya beat me to it! Be cheaper to ship it here Six - can I have it?!

Up there in Jay land the weather forecasters are still using crystal balls & chicken bones aren't they?!

Nighthawk custom! Haven't had the privilege to handle one but they do have a great rep!

Well that's the smartest thing I've heard from the tv! ' best thing to do is just stay home in a snow storm' we all know the morons behind the wheel can't drive worth a hoot even when the roads are dry!

Spent a couple hours trying to get my snow blower to run, it's going to need a full rebuild I guess. Shutoff valve cleaned, bowl cleaned, carb cleaner into every hole ,nook & cranny. It runs provided fuel is put into the carb. Fuel bowl does fill up but not drawing gas up & in... GRRRRR!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Last Friday, I saw a 7 car pileup on clear dry roads. It had part of U.S. 75 (Central Expressway) partially shut from 4 lanes to 2 lanes. That was during rush hour. People were still driving like danged fools. People get in a vehicle and think that everyone needs to get out of their way. Some people need to go back to horses because the horses had more sense than some people.
D. Brian Casady
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Last night I was in a Sheetz to get gas for my snowblower and four wheeler I was driving my 1 ton f350 crew cab with an 8 foot bed, not exactly the same turning radius as a sports car, so I cheated to the left to make a right hand turn. This dingleberry in a Volkswagen speeds around me as I was making the swing to the right and just about clips my front fender. He drove to a gas pump, all this so he could get 5 gallons of gas for the storm THAT WONT START FOR ANOTHER 16-18 HOURS. He was danger close to getting a head contusion......after all the vehicles were stopped!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Everytime i leave the house my wife worries about my complete lack of acceptance for the stupidity of other drivers.....her typical warning is usually "Dont do anything thatll get you locked up"
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea..and so it goes with retarded drivers....as most of us know, a big snow job is supposed to hit the northeast today. Yesterday me and mom (my wife WV Farrier).....hey, what's your real name?....I'm Jack, Old Savage is Fred, Old Win is Jay, Fordwannabe is Tom and Griff is Griff. GunnyMack is Gunny...Piller is Piller..

Anyway, cruised on down to the hardware store and people were nuts, climbing up my azz and I was doing 5-10 over. I was in mom's factory issue Jeep..when I'm in mine which is orange, lifted, 33's,gun stickers, "SIXGUN" license plate, other cars come up fast then back off... ....rednecks rule!

Ate more Klondike Bars last night and slept 4 hours....just can't seem to get it in my head that I'm lactose intolerant...never used to be.

And to Fred and Gunny who asked "if they can have it".....THAT TAKES BIG TESTICLES to ask someone that......get your own or get them the way Jay does, by a visit with a big buffalo coat on....I'm still missing 14 single action Colts, a large frame Lightning, and 6 pre war N frames...

Hey Farrier, we have fun over here...we make our own rules and as your from West Virginia, you fit right in....our only "cultured" member is Old Savage who prides himself with plenty of west coast beauties.....how about some pics Fred...show Mr Farrier.-----6
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey...did you guys see what "one of our guys" was saying on another post?...kissing up to you know who...kiss...kiss...smoochie..

Here's my answer to that. :D ----6.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:28 am Hey...did you guys see what "one of our guys" was saying on another post?...kissing up to you know who...kiss...kiss...smoochie..

Here's my answer to that. :D ----6.

OMG! I hope that wasn't me! I'm very insecure and need constant validation and participation trophies. :D

Hey! Looks like the bulk of you southern boys storm is gonna miss us! May get a few inches. Been a little cool though. It was zero this morning. Fourteen below up the road in Jackman. That'll give you "shrinkage"! :D

Me and my bud I travel to work with have a chance to go back on the weekend shift at work. A lot less traveling so we are contemplating it. Problem is, it isn't in inspection and we have to go back to machining. I'm getting to old and lazy for that.
Either way, we have to change shifts. They are getting rid of 3rd. Hope they close the place altogether. After 33 years, I've had it. I've lived pretty small over the years, so I don't need a job like that. I'm ready to stay home and play with my toys before I'm too old. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My man Jayster...you know better than that......the real brown noser knows who he is.....

I have no idea why people brown nose....like, what are they thinking...that the person they are brown nosing is going to throw something their way? Another reason management didn't like me....I'd never kiss anyone's butt....just do your job to the best of your ability, come to work everyday and on time and there's not a f thing they can do. 44 years at the same company showed I did just that...

Well bro....it be's snowing....the most since March of 2018......

Keep in mind...most people will throw you under the bus even if they gain a penny out of it. :D --...you want me to prove it to you?....go get in an accident with no witnesses with the other person being 100% at fault......then watch what they tell the cop.----6...oooo..de.....bro......006

Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

The news called for 7-10" of snow but all we got was ice and sleet.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It got down to about 35 here overnight. People were running their faucets to prevent freeze up. Seriously?
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

We got about 6" so far and it's snowing like crazy. Our little Shih Tzu, Miss Apple, has not seen snow in two years and she's in wonderment. Seems like it's the first time she saw it.Funnier than hell....

Just sitting there staring...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wouldn't take much snow to bury her!

Zoey, the wonder dog, lives for winter. She loves it. The colder the better. She about dies in the summer. We bring a gallon of water wherever we go in the summer. I like to say she 8s a reincarnated sled dog.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

My german shepherds love the snow. Those fools will.get in the pond and then come.in the house nearly.frozen solid
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Go Miss Apple! Have fun little one, roll in it, get snow balls in your fur- then jump into Six's lap and shake! :lol:

Around here my girls love a great big snow bath! Winnie and Parker will rub, slide & roll in the snow then they get a burst of energy and do zoomies around the yard chasing each other. They also love to chase the laser in the snow- that is funny as get out! Claro just sits and watches as she is too serious for such stuff!

We have about 3" now, not going to quit any time soon.

Well the new to me Perazzi I had rebarreled was supposed to be delivered to me today, guess the snow has prevented UPS from making it up the hill!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea guys...what is it with dogs and snow? Figure people can think and reason so it's understandable why humans get excited about the snow but dogs? I ain't laughed like this in quite a while.....could not get the dog to come in and yes, Gunny, snow balls all under her.....back when we had a lot of Yorkies I'd wing em in a snow drift and they'd come out all happy and wanted to do it again....we here at the sixgun homestead always have preferred dogs to people....

Farrier....your dogs look like they could eat my little dog in 2 bites, 3 at the most... :D males or females? I get along better with female dogs while my wife gets it with male dogs....dunno

POURING rain at the moment......the news gets ya all hyped up for the usual letdown.....they made their advertising money, gas stations sold plenty of gas and along with the food markets cashing in.......we ...(as the general populace) spent our money only to be let down.

Sooooooo glad I'm done working for da man....gonna be a mess out there in the morning.....----6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay....how come Kristy is walking the dog? I think it's Kristy.......you probably won't see the grass until April.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

With everything that was going on at the time I think I forgot to post this.
BDD38F6A-C0E6-465A-8D37-35153DD015D3.jpeg
This is Cooper my nephew. He is 8 years old. He got this doe the second weekend of Pennsylvania deer season with a single shot 223. She fell within sight and it was his first deer. I am so proud of him! He put the time in at the range and in the stand, he did not see a deer last year but spent about 20 hours in stand. He and his brother Connor still call me Uncle T-bone. He was stoked and I think he is hooked for life. When I presented his older brother a 22 last year, Cooper said...Uncle T-bone, that 22 you gave Connor is nice....but I’d really prefer a lever action when it’s my time.🤠
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

FW,
Tell Cooper awesome job and congratulations on his first deer!

Six,
Thus was from a couple years ago. We don't have this much snow right now. We only have a few inches on the ground at the moment.
It is Kristy. She took Zoey for a walk during the snowstorm for fun. She likes to walk with her anyway and does quite a bit.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

006, Years ago, pics with friends.
She is an attorney.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

WooHoo! Finally going back to work! Have spent the last couple of days looking for something that might be profitable... finally decided on a load to GA. Delivers the 23rd. O boy, another XMas on the Road! And with everything already shut down... betcha there won't be any restaurants open... I hate fast food... most of them lately have been closing their seating areas... Yeah, I just love drivin in my truck for 10-11 hours then standing in line to order another crappy burger and taking it back to my truck to eat! Took a buddy that just moved back to Texas after being exiled out in CA for several years out to the gun club and shot our ARs... He had one of those CA Compliant ones...

Can they be "de-Californicated"? I shot my 24" barrelled AR... 100 yards. One ragged hole! 5 shots! 1st 2 shots were right next to each other, the 3nd split them, then one just above and one under... ½" group! But... they were about 5 o'clock on the line of the x-ring!!! Now Im debating whether or not to adjust the scope the next time I'm out there?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My dogs are not old enough to have seen snow. I think the Irish Terrier would love it. The Chihuahua and the Chiweenie get cold below 65 degrees.
D. Brian Casady
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:03 pmMy dogs are not old enough to have seen snow. I think the Irish Terrier would love it. The Chihuahua and the Chiweenie get cold below 65 degrees.
:lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

CONGRATES to Cooper! That boy looks happier than a pig in S. A deer he will never forget...well done Cooper!

I tell ya...that Old Savage has it.....dang! She's a smart one too.....I see your chest got punctured a bit.....lucky guy!----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Congrats Cooper! I bet that is one proud kid not to mention a proud Tbone!!

About 8 last night the snow switched to ice pellets- sounded like the house was getting sand blasted. It switched back to snow and is still snowing but nowhere near the totals that were forecast!

Dogs and snow, just a theory- the dog knows parasites like fleas can be 'lost' in the cold, rubbing & rolling speeds up the loss. So that is a instinctive thing to do.

Well coffee time, gotta get moving so I can start plowing snow so I can get rid of fleas! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

"WooHoo! Finally going back to work! Have spent the last couple of days looking for something that might be profitable... finally decided on a load to GA. Delivers the 23rd. O boy, another XMas on the Road! And with everything already shut down... betcha there won't be any restaurants open... I hate fast food... most of them lately have been closing their seating areas... Yeah, I just love drivin in my truck for 10-11 hours then standing in line to order another crappy burger and taking it back to my truck to eat! "

Glad you're making money, but pretty glad I was able to bail two years ago. I was on call 24/7 to deliver water treatment equipment mostly to power plants. When they called I had to go in any weather. Don't missing playing with the amateurs out in the snow. Don't miss putting on chains. And your description of the dining situation out there now sounds dire. Folks who have never lived the life can't always appreciate the dedication it takes to turn the key again time after time. Thanks to you and all the other professionals still pounding the road so the rest of us have what we need.
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Well we ended up with about 5 inches in total but the surrounding areas got as much as 2 feet. Our little valley dodged it.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Larkbill wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:21 am "WooHoo! Finally going back to work! Have spent the last couple of days looking for something that might be profitable... finally decided on a load to GA. Delivers the 23rd. O boy, another XMas on the Road! And with everything already shut down... betcha there won't be any restaurants open... I hate fast food... most of them lately have been closing their seating areas... Yeah, I just love drivin in my truck for 10-11 hours then standing in line to order another crappy burger and taking it back to my truck to eat! "

Glad you're making money, but pretty glad I was able to bail two years ago. I was on call 24/7 to deliver water treatment equipment mostly to power plants. When they called I had to go in any weather. Don't missing playing with the amateurs out in the snow. Don't miss putting on chains. And your description of the dining situation out there now sounds dire. Folks who have never lived the life can't always appreciate the dedication it takes to turn the key again time after time. Thanks to you and all the other professionals still pounding the road so the rest of us have what we need.

Very true!
Thank you to both you and Griff. My FIL was a lifelong trucker. He drove right up till he had a stroke at the wheel and still got the truck safely off to the shoulder and stopped.
It's not an easy living.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

wvfarrier wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 am Well we ended up with about 5 inches in total but the surrounding areas got as much as 2 feet. Our little valley dodged it.
Yeah, it is mostly staying south of us. Even the southern end of the state is only supposed to get 6 inches. We have about 2 now but it won't amount to much up here. At least it won't make a mess. It's only about 10 degrees so it will clean up easy.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just in from plowing. That little bit of ice really changed how this pushed! Only about 6" but it was difficult to get it moving! I did 9 driveways, see who pays me ....
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

30" reported by a friend in Shavertown, PA.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes OS, I heard of a town in PA that got 40 inches of snow from this storm! I like snow but not that much !!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nasty.......not much...6-8" maybe with lots of ice....cars are creeping down the road.......not even going to bother to get the Kubota out and do the driveway...why? ..we don't go anywhere!

Farrier.....NICE spread you have there...now I know why your a farrier.....our last one died last October at 40 years old....we are done with horses having them all,of our adult lives...eat and S and cost you money.....

Gunny....you are correct and I didn't know that about dogs rolling around in the snow...my wife says to me after I told her, "you retart, you didn't know that?"

Shavertown?..never heard of it......

Oh well, 2 pm...time to get dressed.

Where's Jay?....send down your sled...the roads are full of ice and snow....remember the days in the seventies/eighties....load up the sled with a 12 pack and a bottle of Jack and go! I had a Polaris 440. .....don't know nothing about them anymore....old people only have the past to reflect on......---6

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nice sunny day here. Feels like about 60° out. The 3 puppies are chasing each other and having a blast. The male, Trooper, is almost 50 pounds and still growing. I am wondering if he knows that he is a terrier. Half Rat Terrier and half Irish Terrier. He is already more than 3 times his daddy's size. The smallest, female named Tamale´, is the quickest and she is the instigator. She takes a running leap at her brother, knocks him over, and comes back to bark until he gives chase. He cannot catch her. She is all terrier-orist. The middle sized one looks pure Irish Terrier. She sure gets attention when we take her to Petco or Tractor Supply.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm here! Just got home from the dentist. Had a cleaning. I went out and scraped the driveway beforehand. One of my pet peeves is driving on an unplowed driveway. Packs the snow and you can't get it scraped up. :twisted:
This snow is really light though, where it's so cold.
Took old Zoey out with me. No matter how bad your day is, seeing that silly dog outside in the snow will put a smile on your face. She loves winter. Colder the better.
She also loves my dad. She spotted him out scraping his driveway and bolted over to see him, screaming those stupid Chubaka sounding German Shepherd noises all the way. She usually is scared of dad's mad bomber hat but not today. Go figure. Then she runs back at full speed and buzzes me. Beats the usual body slam from her 85lb carcass. Gooffy azzed dog!
Best one we've ever had.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes! Driving on snow then trying to plow it is not a good thing!
Wow, my back is sore this morning. A couple of the driveways I plow I need to shovel some so I can get the machine up close to the garage. Guess my shoveling muscles are outta shape!

More windows today, now coffee.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Age sucks huh buddy?
I got way more sore spots than I remember these days.

Hey, I got a question.......
So I have to finish this looooonnnngggg overdue project for my son. I built a scout rifle for him out of a model 38 Swedish Mauser. Be the perfect field rifle for him on Kodiak. It is mostly done now. It had a Timney trigger/safety in it. He wanted it back military so I scrounged the parts and swapped it back. Cut the barrel to 19" and installed a front ramp sight with a Ruger GSR rear peep. It's in a synthetic stock with 3 swivel studs.
Pretty light and slick.
So....all I have left to do is mount the XS scout mount on the barrel. These acraglass on.
So, he wants the rifle Cerakoted, and I'm wondering if that should be done before or after the mount. Obviously, it will be easier to coat first, but I wonder if the acraglass will bond well enough with the barrier of Cerakote.
I think I know the answer........just don't like it. :D