The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by GunnyMack »

Tomatoes- I'm allergic so I don't eat raw ones. But as sauce or ketchup it's fine.

I forget, 231 is the same as what?
I used to like 680 that morphed into 1680 for the 25-20. Now I'm using Lilgun.

This morning I put the shock collar on Parker so if she decided she was gonna go out for the deer pellet buffet I was going to let her know that is verboten. Sure enough she heads out in the woods so I hit the button and nothing! I spin the dial up- zip. What is going on? Ah push the button and the supposed to be green light is flashing red- battery is shot. Fortunately this is the backup so I had to get the good one out.

I'm not feeling in match mode, got a 200 bird this weekend and I'm not looking forward to it. I don't want to drive, shoot or go but I'm kinda volunteered to run it as our match director is moving, his backup just had a heart valve replacement!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That Winchester 120 is just like the one I recently sold, except mine was a 12, a very underrated shotgun in my opinion....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Allergy to bell pepper. Makes my lips swell and itch, and causes severe heartburn. Nerer tried tsardines.

Too bad Remington has gone so far down in quality. My old 870 Wingmaster from the mid 1980s that I gave my son is as solid and smooth as any shotgun I have ever seen.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Piller, what is it with sons ? Mine got my Remington too.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...those old Remington 870's had a touch of class but like most guns from the 1870's on, quality goes down.....unless your willing to pay for it.

Gunny wins a one dollar and ninety eight cent shotgun.....well, they were functional.....

Jay.....with an old gun that has worn rifling and grooves and a beat crown is never going to give consistent velocities unless you use black that fills in all the nooks and crannies......if your getting 50 fps variation that is excellent. People just want to be like the manufacturers......"hey guess what? My load has a 11 fps variation". Who gives a #....

The old adage that more velocity is only going to make a bigger divot in the ground has always rung true with cast bullets in the 1000-1500 or so velocity range....with slow moving bullets think like the archers do.....shoot, and if he takes off, wait 15 minutes, then go walk up to a stiff body.....that deer ain't gonna know the difference between 800 fps or 1400......ever talk to someone who has been shot?...unless it hits a bone or the central nervous system, they usually don't feel nothing.

Ahhhh...guns to clean and brass to polish....---6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:06 am Hey Piller, what is it with sons ? Mine got my Remington too.... :lol:
Got your Remington's? ...you guys got off easy..my son got my Remington's, Winchesters, Colts, Marlins, Smith & Wessons........even Old Win got a mess of my Colts in that old buffalo coat.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:59 am Yea...those old Remington 870's had a touch of class but like most guns from the 1870's on, quality goes down.....unless your willing to pay for it.

Gunny wins a one dollar and ninety eight cent shotgun.....well, they were functional.....

Jay.....with an old gun that has worn rifling and grooves and a beat crown is never going to give consistent velocities unless you use black that fills in all the nooks and crannies......if your getting 50 fps variation that is excellent. People just want to be like the manufacturers......"hey guess what? My load has a 11 fps variation". Who gives a #....

The old adage that more velocity is only going to make a bigger divot in the ground has always rung true with cast bullets in the 1000-1500 or so velocity range....with slow moving bullets think like the archers do.....shoot, and if he takes off, wait 15 minutes, then go walk up to a stiff body.....that deer ain't gonna know the difference between 800 fps or 1400......ever talk to someone who has been shot?...unless it hits a bone or the central nervous system, they usually don't feel nothing.

Ahhhh...guns to clean and brass to polish....---6
Yeah, if the bore was rough I would figure that was it. It ain't though. The bore in that old thing is primo. I'll probably just live with it, as I'm getting short on time.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
Unless you use a 98-100% full case of powder along with a normal temperature on a perfect day shooting from the bench and tipping the rifle the exactly same way for each shot your going to have variation.

I may act like a well, you know......but I have experimented intelligently with old factory ammo, (sometimes going to ww1 and earlier military/domestic ammo) original black powder loads from roughly the 1890-1915 era, handloads using original powder that was known to be used in factory ammo...like the old Lightning and Sharpshooter powder that was used in the old big black powder cartridges, my handloads, modern factory ammo.......and you know what?

My experiments were somewhat limited as I used low pressure cartridges from the old days with the exception of 30-06 and some old Krag ammo......

Moderate velocity variations were the norm...say......30-100 fps....extreme variations could be attributed to age of the ammo but the stuff I used was nice stuff and was stored good by looking at it.......I really don't know a lot because I never had much of an education, especially in the scientific and ballistics sector so I most likely missed a lot of causes and effects.

Pretty much boils down to using a powder that fills the case to keep variations low but it's not a good idea to use these types of powders in cold weather in low pressure cartridges.

Just use Unique and call it a day :D ----6......O.......de.....bro........witty....da.......hoe......down...de ...sho.......wit....ma... caddy ...usin' cheap gas ....low on oil....but wit a fresh coat of wax...
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I don't get it.....what's so hard about using a normal name and respecting other people's lives, property, and thinking before you act with extreme hostility

Copied from Fox........

Larynzo Johnson, 26, was charged with two counts of assault in the first degree and 14 counts of wanton endangerment in connection with the shooting of police
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, guy at the office building says he graduated from East Millinocket HS in 79
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I used to hunt near Millinocket!

Exactly! Why doesn't the news outlets tell the TRUTH? Let's see the rap sheet on these folks that were wrongly killed by the police! I saw today the B.T. woman was convicted for smuggling drugs into a prison where her ex was doing time. That doesn't make the news does it !?

Tripped over a board backwards today- im sore now!! Hey OS can you adjust me via PM ? :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:40 pm I used to hunt near Millinocket!

Exactly! Why doesn't the news outlets tell the TRUTH? Let's see the rap sheet on these folks that were wrongly killed by the police! I saw today the B.T. woman was convicted for smuggling drugs into a prison where her ex was doing time. That doesn't make the news does it !?

Tripped over a board backwards today- im sore now!! Hey OS can you adjust me via PM ? :lol:

They care not about facts. Only the push of their agenda.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks Six. Yeah, I know. It's the machinist in me that gets tweaky over stuff haha.
The accuracy is really quite good. It's one of those things, if I didn't run it through a chrono I wouldn't even know. :D

Hey OS,
That's cool! I work with a ton of guys from Millinocket and East Millinocket. Went to tech school with them too.
Nice country around there.
Since the mill closed, you can buy a nice house for a pittance. I mean seriously.....a pittance. Guys at work buy houses there just to use as camps for snowmobiling or whatever. Guy bought a place for 12k a few years ago.

Gunny,
Man dude! You gotta start being careful! What was you hunting around Millinocket? Deer hunting?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Rube Burrows wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Rube Burrows!
This is a fun place. Well, other than hanging out with the naughty boys. :D
We do have Gamekeeper.....and Old Savage, to lend us
some class and legitimacy. :D
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

OldWin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:08 pm
Rube Burrows wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Rube Burrows!
This is a fun place. Well, other than hanging out with the naughty boys. :D
We do have Gamekeeper.....and Old Savage, to lend us
some class and legitimacy. :D

Ha, no doubt Gamekeeper and Old Savage keep the place classy. :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well I don't know about Class and Legitimacy..... :? I was just going to post a link to a Hitler Parody, I don't know if you guys ever watch them but I thought this one was hilarious.
Oh well bang goes my class.... :lol:
https://youtu.be/76PWNpUqKpE
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:24 pm Well I don't know about Class and Legitimacy..... :? I was just going to post a link to a Hitler Parody, I don't know if you guys ever watch them but I thought this one was hilarious.

Haha yeah.....I watch em. Don't you worry old buddy. Your class is well intact. And we'd cover for you anyway. :D
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:24 pm Well I don't know about Class and Legitimacy..... :? I was just going to post a link to a Hitler Parody, I don't know if you guys ever watch them but I thought this one was hilarious.

Those are always funny.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah i know, was getting late in the day, we had a pile of tools, truck, 2 set of saw horses all too close together ! I was carrying one end of these 1& 3/4 x 15 oak boards , guy on the other end wasn't giving me directions! We try hard to prevent this kind of things - this guy is new and doesn't know the drill yet.

We started laying these boards back on the floor today. Man lots of ripping & fitting ! I forgot to take pics again.

Yes GK you and OS do add a bit of class to us hicks! :D

Yeah Rube you are right, only what they want you to know
!

Just spoke with a neighbors niece, her father passed and now the kids are trying to get his gun collection sold. 48 pistols & revolvers, close to 150 long guns! From what she said most everything is NIB!!! Told her to get pics, model numbers, etc then list them on the auction sites.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Rube!! Your here where the action is!!!!!!! I told ya so you'd fit right in.......when I say "no class" I mean NO CLASS. Well, that's mostly me as Gunny and Jay do have class and they don't want me to feel bad so every now and then they drop a couple of levels to be like me.

Now Old Savage and Gamekeeper are another story......You ought to see the babes that Old Savage posts.....yea..these babes have class and are not all tattooed up nor do they dress like cycle sluts.......

Gamekeeper? He's English! I've never heard of an Englishman who didn't have class.....I'd go as far to say he coined the term, "class act."

Griff is AWOL and Fordwannabe is probably turning wrenches....talked to him on the phone yesterday and while we were talking he said, "listen close".....so I was listening .....and he farted! Sounded a bit juicy so I told him to check his shorts. Yea baby....class act we are here.

We are all getting so good at stealing Leverguns members to the Gun Room post we may have to have TWO LEVERGUNS....this one will be "Levergun Gun Room RIGHT" and "over there" can be "Levergun LEFT". Over there they are taking donations for Joe Biden's campaign! :D

Just having fun and B.B....the entire forum are guys to "ride the river with".----006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny.......Hi.

Jayster.......what's better than Armorall or Mothers for making the fenders of our Jeeps black again. The Mothers "back to black" is better than Armorall but still only lasts a couple of weeks. I was thinking of painting them satin black....

Old Savage...Hi

The rest of you guys...Hi

Woody and Press....Yo bros.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I like the Mothers stuff. Im a lifelong Armor All user too.
For me, I wouldn't paint. They would get all scratched in the woods and look worse. Your Jeep doesn't see a lot of wheeling so it may work well. Guys use the paint on bedliner too.
Last edited by OldWin on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:43 pm I don't get it.....what's so hard about using a normal name and respecting other people's lives, property, and thinking before you act with extreme hostility

Copied from Fox........

Larynzo Johnson, 26, was charged with two counts of assault in the first degree and 14 counts of wanton endangerment in connection with the shooting of police
Working the retail side of Pharmacy, I saw names you wouldn't believe. She-A and Ka-A are real female names. They are from Waco, TX. Pronounced Shedasha and Kadasha. I have also seen names that my posts would get deleted for. Then there was a girl named Rickettsia. That was the diagnosis when her mother went to the Doctor while Pregnant. It is a disease from flea bites, tick bites, or mite bites. Then there are females I have filled prescriptions for with first names of Kevin, Kevan, Patric, Johnathyn, Johnson, Camry, and Camaro. A young boy in Dallas was named Demon. His mom pronounced it Duh-Mon. Then there was a Deborah who pronounced it Duh-bore-uh. I never did understand why, except on one woman in Topeka, Kansas, whose father was drunk when she was born and put her name down as ****head. It caused a divorce. Yes, I put asterisks instead of spelling her name. She pronounced it Shuh-Thead. Funny, but she was a Lawyer if I remember correctly. She didn't have the money to get her name changed until she was already established in the profession. She just used S. and her middle name. By the time I met her she had learned to live with it, and she did not get upset as long as you were not a jerk about her name.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Piller....amazing.....once again, I don't get it.....when my grandfather came here from Sicily in 1912 he immediately changed his born first name from Giavanni to good ole American John...many Eastern Europeans anglicized their surnames also in order to fit in with our culture.

"African Americans" had normal names when I was growing up even though half of them was Jesse or Rufus....now they have these names even they can't spell and very few make sense. They wear their pants halfway down and have their own language....

The black guys I've known personally and paled around with had normal names and talked right....if I closed my eyes I never would have known they were black....just cool normal dudes and we all got along great....black and white issues never came up.

Did you say "Kadasha?".. :D ---6

Oh say can you see...."hello, Mrs. Lequisha, is Rickets home?....."No Misaquando, she getting fitted for braces so her knees straighten out."......."OK Mrs Lequisha, tell hers we be down at da wig store in the back rum frying up breaded eels & salted bed bugs.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yes, it was pronounced Kadasha. Spelled Ka-A. Her mom told her that the dash was not always silent. I really wish I were kidding.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I knew some black men named Michael, David, Tyrone, and Sedrick when growing up. I knew a white man named Laverne. Old time names. Everyone could spell them and except for Laverne Smith, we all knew without asking if it was a male name. Why the names that sound as if a french speaking person got rip roaring drunk before spelling them is beyond me.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK Jay...yea.....thank you.....I like the Mothers better....I put it on with my bare hands and let it sit for five minutes then use a small towel to even it out.....mom's Jeep looks pretty good for 10 years old......just turned over to 29K---6.........o....you know. :D

Here my Rubi...no reason to post it..I'm just bored.

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Both look well cared for. That is the right way. You probably could have them another 10 years and sell them for more than you paid when new. Well cared for Jeeps hold their value around this area.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room...#30

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Piller......Probably never gonna sell them.......I figure they will last me until I buy the farm.......I hardly drive anywhere as it is. At the cost of a new one I can't comfortably afford one.....I could buy one but then other things have to go and I'm not willing to do that.........as much as I drive I could put the old '89 Jeep that's sitting in the barn back on the road........I'm done ...retired...tired.....it's now "easy time" with no bills......simplicity at its finest........I planned for this easy late-in-life time and I'm not gonna ruin it with a new vehicle.

Ricketitis? I'm still laughing.---006
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I used to deliver freight to mile marker 18( number could be off) on the Golden road in Millinockett.

Jack,
The back to black is good stuff just be careful to keep it off the paint as it leaves a coating on
Paint that’s a pain to get off.
Hi Rube!
Gunny be careful you are an important member of this forum....and I may need you to touch up the finish on the 99🤠
When I was a little boy on Virginia my Grandmother introduces me to two kids named Lemonjello and Orangejello...guess what their Mom craved during each pregnancy?
When I was in my 20’s I was a house parent at a boys home this young man came to us and was named
Mwandishi.....JONES. Really? Come on man.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ooohh, Jeep pics! They look good buddy.
Here's Old Blue from last weekend. And one from a few years ago getting ready for a club ride. We met up downtown in front of the "Worlds Largest Wooden Indian".
Yup. We be hick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Lemonjello T Bone!!!!! On a serious note I've always felt you put your child at a disadvantage when he or she becomes an adult with stupid names............people like me will harass them to no end......A buddy in schools last name was "Gore"...I used to drop the G and add a "wh"....still can't believe I graduated with all my teeth....

Orangejello and kandasha? As Joe Biden says, "come on man!"

Hey...When Gunny gets up we will be on page 121....
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey there ole pal....your Jeep looks good and deserves it more than mine....your Jeep gets off road....the only time mine goes off road is when I go to the gunclub and drive up to the 500 meter target boards to set up......

Wooden Indian? I thought it was a windmill......what do you guys do with the Indian? Bad things? What's the back of it look like? Trapdoor halfway up?

I'm sick..I know...

On the Jeep next to yours..the old YJ....do these guys still have the straight 6 in them"? Anybody running small block Chevys?
Model A Uzi’s
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay Bird is back in town!!!!

You guys be nuts...Jeeps......wooden Indians......funny names.......old refrigerators by the road......dooryards.....what's next?...a protest.....JB
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah the Indian is kind of hollow. The framework is telephone poles. We used to climb up inside it when we were kids with co2 pistols and shoot pigeons. Yup, it's right downtown too.
The YJ belongs to a guy named Bob. He has done a lot to it, but it is still sporting the 4.0. Last time I wheeled with him was at Schoodic Mt. He had his hard top on and leaned into a tree blowing the drivers side side window out of it. :D

Oh! The V8 question.
Yeah, some guys have done V8 swaps. Small block Chevy or 5.7 Hemi's.
Gotta say, though. I ain't a fan of a V8 in a Jeep. By the time you get the running gear beefed up enough to take the pounding, you really don't have a Jeep anymore.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Camped in a cabin on Schoodic Lake.

Schoodic in a Grand Lake Stream canoe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice pics OS!
Strangely enough, Schoodic mt. Is nowhere near there. It down towards the coast. Southeast of Ellsworth. There is a Schoodic point state park down there too. Beautiful place.
I wish it was the Schoodic you mention. Be closer for me. I have a 2hr drive to get to the trailhead. Then some really hard wheeling in a lot of rocks and granite slabs. Then a 2hr drive home.
I tell myself over and over, "You have to drive this home, you have to drive this home......." the whole time. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You guys remind me of the old joke about how orientals name their kids by throwing silverware on the floor- the sound is the name!

Here I just figured they were illiterate!

I despise the black plastic fenders on Jeeps! Before I traded mine I was getting ready to have a buddy make me aluminum diamond plate fenders.

I've been to Ellsworth too! Yes Jay we were deer hunting in Millinocket area- long time ago, think we were near west sebois? I had a friend that had a place on Long Pond there in Ellsworth area. He would shoot (at) red squirrels with a Mac10! His turtle rifle was a Mod 70 22 hornet- yeah he shot at/ killed everything!

I'm really not in the mood for this match, think I'm going to go as a spectator.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred...those pics look so peaceful.......to me there's nothing like solitude from the masses.

Gunny..your in the beginning of saying "% it". I'm pretty much there almost 100%. I just don't get nothing out of competition anymore....believe it's the "drive" to prove who's best and after many years it has become a chore for me...I'd rather just play and shoot steel anymore...by myself....

Yea Jay..I'm with ya bro on the big horsepower in Jeeps.....my straight sixes take me as fast as I want to go and they have the power to pull a ton of rock easily......big horsepower is for race cars or pick up trucks that haul.......

There was a time when I would have given my finest Colt for a hemi in a Jeep..but ya know what?....it's only for show and tell..."hey guys, look what I got."

Getting old ain't fun ......feel like poop today......there must be a reason for the old saying, "gettin old ain't for sissys"---006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...got a jolt to my enthusiasm sector today.

Here I am, sitting watching the lying news, (Fox) minding my own business, not bothering anyone, having a pleasant conversation with mom. Ate my five eggs today with the dog on the back of the couch...totally condition white.

Here comes this big truck backing down the driveway....comes up to the garage..big dude gets out.....and says he's going to drop off a load of whatever he's hauling in my yard! The nerve of some people.....and this wood is only red oak!

Says he needs a mess of .378 Weatherbys loaded up.........----00

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well that mess of yucky ol red oak is a fair trade for 378 tooth looseners!!
I still enjoy the match shooting, its fun to get these young cocky kids there and give em a run for their money. However its the driving that gets me. I gotta get up extra early to get there early to open, set targets, squadding, show targets yadda yadda- then change the machines to a different setting afterwards, then drive home to do it again the next day thats the fatiguing part.

Inlines= TORQUE and torque does the work. Yeah sure ya got a 10 liter engine that makes 650 horse but it only make torque in a small range or it goes to crazy high rpm. Inlines make torque through their rpm range. My Cummings maks power at 1250 rpm to well over 3000 - only time I've been to maybe 2700 was about 100 mph.

Well off to the chiropractor!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey get this!! A truck traveling I287 today caught fire. It was carrying a load of monkeys!! This is from a guy I kinda know that works for the highway department.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 pm Hey get this!! A truck traveling I287 today caught fire. It was carrying a load of monkeys!! This is from a guy I kinda know that works for the highway department.
Is he sure it wasn't a bus load of Democrats.... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Whew! Another full day in the woods getting stands ready. I've about used up my 2hrs of sleep.
Here is my 79 year old dad going up to brush in his ladder stand. Man! I hope I'm still going like that at 79!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Here is another. My dad was up checking cameras earlier this week. He saw this young bull moose and called it right in to him. He snapped this picture with his phone.
Crazy old man. Lucky he didn't get stomped. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Please tell your old man he is a inspiration to this 72 year old, I often think of quitting but I enjoy the outdoors too much, glad to see someone older than me doing so well.. :mrgreen:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha thanks buddy. Yeah, he does pretty well. His mom lived to 100. Got around well and still had her teeth. Just incredible. She was one tough monkey.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Jay my dad was almost 85, he was still working 40 plus a week up until about 8 months before he got sick! He was still doing air charters, teaching, running the little airport. They are a different breed for sure. His mom was almost 109 ! Pop left us at 95. Thems good genes !!

GK, well kinda along those lines... Brake Lights Matter is what I was thinking !!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow Gunny! That is impressive. Sounds like you're good to go!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:48 pm
GunnyMack wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 pm Hey get this!! A truck traveling I287 today caught fire. It was carrying a load of monkeys!! This is from a guy I kinda know that works for the highway department.
Is he sure it wasn't a bus load of Democrats.... :?
Couldn't have been. Not enough poo being flung about.
D. Brian Casady