The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by GunnyMack »

Fastest time ever for jcpl to get the grid back up & running! No more generator noise!!!!!!!!!! Of course I spent 35 bucks on gas today. Have to remember to get more stabilizer!!
Oh central air conditioning how much I've missed you ! :lol:
Ok I'm going to bed, I was up at 0340- Winnie better start sleeping later or there is gonna be a roll of duct tape in her future!! :lol: :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have the Freestyle blood glucose moniter. It pokes a hole throuh the skin and has an adhesive to keep the part in you and working. About 5:30 AM, Tamale was hungry. She ripped the moniter out of my arm. I woke up right away. She was sitting beside me just looking as if to say "What took you so long?"
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Griff...SHE'S a beauty! My wife showed me on Facebook earlier......Whether you know or not, the country town of New Holland is only about 30 miles due west......you said earlier, "new to me"......looks NEW TO ME. :D 75 horse!....that's twice as powerful as the mighty Kubota I have......

Oh man! I'm second fiddle now.....I HAD the biggest tractor...now I ain't nuttin'......ENCLOSED CAB! You da man! AC? Radio?

What kind of a diesel environmental bs does it have? Is it the fluid DPF that you add or like mine, a tank that holds the carbons and burns off every 15-20 hours?

I don't ask this very often....CAN I HAVE IT?. Don't want your new teeth, just the tractor.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

EGR, no DEF, that's on the 90 HP & up. Yes, it's new, so's the mower. And I'll keep it and the new teeth. It's nice to smile again... even if I have to do it behind a mask!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy freakin' smokes!

New tractors, mowers and teeth! Guys from across the ocean, Gunny runnin' on a genny. Piller getrin' medical devices tore out!

Go ride your Harley and look what happens. Well, I gotta pull one more shift. Gonna get home in the morning, take a power nap,............
Yup. Cranking the old Softail back up and hitting the trail. Going to play biker dude.Beautiful weather here till at least Tuesday. Almost cool riding today.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What are you doing? Gamekeeper has been keeping your seat warm while you are playing on your stupid motorcycle. I'm jealous cause I can't have a bike.........so........because I can't have a bike, can I have yours? Pal......ole pal..buddy.....friend....

Enjoy the ride bro. We all only get so many rides of the ride of our choice....---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:34 pm What are you doing? Gamekeeper has been keeping your seat warm while you are playing on your stupid motorcycle. I'm jealous cause I can't have a bike.........so........because I can't have a bike, can I have yours? Pal......ole pal..buddy.....friend....

Enjoy the ride bro. We all only get so many rides of the ride of our choice....---6
Sure bud! I will just pick out a few Colts and Winchesters and we'll call it a swap.
That is true buddy! The older I get, the more that stuff means to me. I work ZERO overtime. They can't afford what my time is worth! Matter of fact, I will probably blow outta here early this morning!
One of my old biker buds from when was kids is on vacation this week. He lives across the street in the house he grew up in so it's just like when we was kids. Whenever we get together, we talk about the old days and the crazy stuff we did. That is worth more these days than any amount of money.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster....I see the mode of life you are in......your old enough to remember the "good old days" and are able to tell the difference between crazy activity and mature activity you are doing now........your realizing time is more important than money...you pretty much have everything you want anyway.

My fifties were the best time of my life....right where your at now......it will slowly wain as you progress into your fifties especially as that is a time when people start dying and your own mortality becomes realistic.....and closer......

60 is still cool but not as cool as 50.....life becomes easier, almost too easy and the devils workshop rears itself from time to time. :D (that's ok because you know right from wrong but you might buy a 60K bike instead of one at 30K) with me it's tractors...I spent close to 30 for one that cuts grass.

At my age 66 you don't give a rats a what anybody thinks and you speak your mind.....unless you become a bible toter, which I'm not.... :D

At my age when I say someone is gonna go down if they mess with my guns you mean it.........

You know the old saying...."don't mess with an old guy as he just might kill ya!" :D ---6. O da bro wit de ho
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha you nailed it bro. We're pretty much two of a kind anyway. You are right. I have what I want. It probably isn't much by many people's standards, but it's more than I ever thought I'd have. I'm good.
And it's true. Self realization is the secret of life. For some people, the hardest person to be honest with is themselves.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Things have really run on here.

Gunny wins a 106 Recoiless Rifle. Good news. They were Jeep mounted. Saw one shoot a 55 gal barrel of gas, what a show.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I'll take it! But I don't have a Jeep... Six can I borrow your Rubicon? I'll drive- you shoot! I got just the place to try it out, Seattle, Chicago, NYC. We gotta try to find beehive rounds though.

Ya know the powers went out again last night! The clocks are flashing. Back on now, looking at weather channel- nothing but commercials. I'm gonna go throw the MAIN !

Now I can go shoot tomorrow, wasn't going if still on the generator , as long as the grid stays up I'm going.

Thunderstorms all day, looks like I can get some errands taken care of.

Coffee time!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Looks handier than my Howitzer.......🇺🇸
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It even fits on a Land Rover .........🇬🇧
qq.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! That's a tough choice! An M38A1 or a Series 1 Rover! I'll take both!
GK and Gunny can keep the 105 Howitzer and 106 recoiless. They just get caught in the overhead limbs.

Stupid fact #3261
I once read that the Series 1 was the first automobile seen by 1/3 of the earth's population. I always found that fascinating. Can you confirm this GK?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Wow! Talk about cool stuff...i want one!.....are they recoilless? What is a recoil less? Is that something like a bazooka where the power is generated from the round itself?

Can't imagine a howitzer being on a Jeep....the recoil would make it go 10 feet back.

I don't care I still want on and sure Gunny.....we can use my Jeep...we will use "Ole Yeller". It don't have a top on it and we can just switch the recoiled rifle on it as soon as I take the Ma Deuce off of it. I was doing #@!% err....crowd control in Philly last week...I learned that even with armor piercing 50 BMG you cannot hit a protester in the head...they bounce right off even with a perfect 90 degree hit...

Very good possibility that Gamekeeper is going to get his "Gun Room Wings" a few posts early. I like this guy. He has the right attitude....---6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They are indeed recoilless but you can't stand within 60 feet behind it. Blows the gas out the back. Saw one fired on a dusty road, huge cloud of dust out behind it.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

somewhere on the internet there is video of a rag head that walks behind a recoiless when it goes off, from the waist up he just disappears- GONE!!

Ok Sixer I'm leaving it up to you to find load data for the 106!!

Yes!! GK is a good addition, welcome aboard mate! Now you do know as your 'dues' for The Gun Room you give each of us an offering. Ill take a Holland & Holland, 28 ga preferably ut if all you can lay your hands on is a double rifle I understand! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Stupid fact #3261 quote OldWin.
I once read that the Series 1 was the first automobile seen by 1/3 of the earth's population. I always found that fascinating. Can you confirm this GK?

That has been stated by quite a few folks more knowledgeable than me, I believe it to be true.

I have a fascinating copy of a book about a journey across land from England to Australia by two teams of students from Oxford university and Cambridge university they took two series one Land Rovers in I think 1956. It details all the spare parts that were needed. A lot of the journey was through jungle with no roads. I will have to dig it out and read it again, I even have the autographs of the guys that were on the trip and a letter from a Land Rover dealer in Singapore who met them when they were there.

BTW the first prototype series one Land Rover was built on a Jeep chassis. The one I had when I was working as a Gamekeeper was a 1950 model and cost my boss £500 brand new.
I also had a series two my boss called the new one, it was a 1965 model he believed in getting his money's worth.... :lol:
Later I bought my own series one a 1956 soft top SWB 2 litre engine. I sure wish I still had it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six recently took us on a tour of the ages:.40s, 50s, 60s. But there is a pitfall to that progression in an increase in thinking what you think matters. In the 70s you will likely find that dissipating to thinking what you think may not really matter, Then you will care less what other people think leading to less internal angst. ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Only problem with the Rovers is top speed of about 45 mph. They are a great 4wd no matter what.
A buddy of mine here has one he put together from parts. Jeep frame but everything else except the engine/trans is rover. He assembled it in high school, his parents took it away from him when they abandoned him. They went to South Dakota and sold it. Many years later he was in Key West and saw it drive by. How'd he know? It still had his one of a kind orange & black tiger stripe paint job! He followed the guy to a bar asked where he bought it and told the story of its creation, they guy remembered who he bought it from too. My buddy said if you ever want to sell it call me. About a year later he was on a plane to Key West to drive it home.

I've never cared what people think of me!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Gunny you'll find if you take the handbrake off they go a little faster....... :lol:
https://youtu.be/4wj1pnrj0Ck

The 1950 model I used to drive had I think a 1.5 litre engine and was pretty slow, my 2 litre series one was good for 60 mph with the wind behind it, the series two had a 2 1/4 litre engine and was good for 70 if you could stand the noise.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred...I hope your right....I really don't care what others think and that comes out in my writings but I do get defensive......don't have much control on a website but here at my castle it's different.......

After meeting this woman today I feel like I have the very most structurally sound brain.........I was at the post office and another individual there told this woman that I was the guy with the Trump flags on his lawn. She looked at me and said, "THANK YOU!....continuing that President Trump is going to pick a new VP this year and that person is JFK JR. She said Herbert Walker Bush planned the whole thing and that JFK jr. Is alive and well and living in Pittsburg, Pa. She said the plane crash was a set up for when Trump took office and next month Trump is going to introduce JFK jr as his running mate. The people who were pulled from the wreckage of the plane were spies from the Soviet Union and they were immediately cremated to hide the evidence.

Well....I walked out of there feeling like Sigmund Freud.

On another note GAMEKEEPER wins the Gun Room Wings!!!!' The only rules are you must stop in and post once in a while. You will be required to report what the queen is planning behind our back by hiding behind the throne when she is talking. You must prove this by sneaking into Windsor Castle and stealing the Magna Carta and post pics on this board. You must also kiss Prince Charles on his T's and report back how they smell.

As of now you are a "prospect" with full wings granted in 4 weeks. Well done Gamekeeper!!!!'---6

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six, I'm just a little concerned about exactly how your brain works.... yes it works but man that is out there! :lol:

So a couple weeks ago I got a letter from the IRS. I have to go online, set up an account so I can verify WHO I AM. Ok fine, username, DOB, password, cell number- sorry you do not exist. We will mail you another letter to help you verify yourself. 2nd letter today, try to log in- your password has expired. BP starting to rise. Decided to try and call them.
If you received this XXXX letter stay on the line
If you got AAAA,BBBB,CCCC or DDDD please use our online service.
Ok go to that site, nope your information is wrong.
Tell me again, why doesn't this country have a flat tax ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you Six, I will wear my wings with pride... 8) If I hear of any plans Her Majesty has for invading the Colonies again you will be the first to know but beware of Prince Harry on the West Coast he has been planted there and is only acting stupid. Meghan is a big friend of the Obongos so she needs to be also watched. Old Savage probably knows them both so he can report back any suspicious activity.
I will of course place my 105mm Howitzer at your disposal should hostilities break out...

As for kissing Prince Charles on the Ts I'm not sure he has any.... :?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey!! Can't comment on other posts...we are in the middle of a major rain storm....it's taken over regular tv programming and guess what area is in the middle of the purple zone!!!?? Damm!
[url=https://postimg.cc/nCXctLdL][img]https://i

Pond is completely flooded...
Don't know what to expect when this stops...thinking the four truckloads of stone I hand shoveled is on my in laws property...

It's at least 2' over the regular water line...

[url=https://postimg.cc/F1WsqSVq][img]https://i.

[url=https://postimg.cc/7GPwtPGw][img]https://i.postimg.

The stream in this area is about 3 feet under of what is shown in the pic.

[url=https://postimg.cc/sB43JG2T][img]https://i.postimg.cc
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

WOW, stay safe Six I hope you get bye without too much damage.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah Jack I'm getting the same storm although not as intense!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Digital Gun Room Wings from our man in Switzerland..

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

While you guys are "weathering" the storm I am playing golf with Maria ;-)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Griff, going to want an update on how all that went. Would really have liked to have seen your Colt'ss.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Gamekeeper! Congratulations! You'll be "patching in" in no time.
I had actually heard that about the first Series 1's being built on surplus MB frames. They may not of been fast, but neither were the Jeeps of that era. My 59 only wanted about 45 on the road, also.
So, after my hour and a half nap after work this morning, I took a 200mi Harley ride. Beautiful country. Up around Moosehead lake in Greenville, through Rockwood to Jackman, and back down the rt.201 corridor to home.
When I got home I had my dad bring Old Red over for a long overdo upgrade. I put a set of first generation Teraflex disconnects on it in 2004. Now, I got em used, and they were worn out then. How they haven't broke, I'll never know. They were some loose and rattling though!
Put on a shiny new set of JKS like I have on the Rubicon. They are easy to see, it's the only part not covered in a layer of oil that's been sprayed over the last 16 years. Now, it's a nasty mess to work on, but everything comes apart easy. And she is a 97 with Zero rust.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:50 pm Thank you Six, I will wear my wings with pride...

As for kissing Prince Charles on the Ts I'm not sure he has any.... :?
Your welcome Gamekeeper.....

Thanks for the laugh! When I was a young man I remember when p.charles and Diana got married. I worked with a guy who was 30 years older than me and was from the North....you know..N.I.....mean guy and full of hate.......a big supporter of Bobby Sands and the rest of the IRA.....he would rant everyday about Margaret Thatcher and how she would not die a natural death......he took a liking to me and told me many stories about tommy guns and quick lime.. :D .......about how they used to take care of Irishmen who were cozy with the English by shooting out their knees and elbows..... :D I could go on for hours on the stories.....

Back to p Charles......yep.....he is all P and that p don't stand for prince.

You get a pass on kissing p Charles....

You are now a right wing member and full fledged member of the gun room.....because of your royal connections we will pass on prospecting. Our monthly meeting is aug 14....you will be issued your m16 credentials with dual duty with the CIA. A full auto Bren gun will be at your disposal along with a sten gun for undercover work......your secret ID will be "Undercover Brother". A movie was made about him.

Welcome....don't contact us..we will contact you.--6
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang Jay......work....1 and 1/2 hr nap.....200 mile bike ride and then turning wrenches......wow! Anymore that would take me a week....you gots the energy dude.

We had 2.5 inches of rain and it did three times the damage the 6" did from the hurricane because those 2.5 inches came down in a half hour at most.....I lost some stone and I have some work to do but nothing that can't be done in a day.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow dude! That's some water! Hope you guys are ok down there.

Hey! While I got you here, I have a question. My son has a Winchester model 70 Supergrade. He is looking for some QD swivels to go in the factory sling mounts. You happen to know where he could find a couple would you bud.?

Man! I've had it. I gotta go to bed!

Night boys!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OS,
The rest of the trip was good. Just as i remember, if you want to get thru LA during rush HOUR(?), get off the freeway and use the surface streets! Got out to the West End Gun Club for their monthly SASS match... (even with the lowered p/u, the creek crossing was smooth), and missed two shots for the day! Apparently I was aiming for the corners... and the targets were round! Shot slowly and deliberately, but still managed to goof up one stage. Rifle sequence was supposed to be R1, R1, R2, R3, R3, R3, R3, R4, R5, R5. Somewhere in there I forgot to quadruple tap R3! :P :P Felt good, but... as soon as I hit R4, I knew I'd screwed the pooch!

Had a good time, but when they invited me back, I told them I wasn't likely to leave the USA again! Sad, several folks said they wanted to move... but couldn't decide where to go. On couple, retired, empty nesters, said they loved Texas. But, with all their grandchildren in CA, felt they couldn't leave. I hated to remind them that although CA doesn't feel welcoming, it was still a "borderless" border. No passport required... yet!

Six, I'm sorry to have out-tractored ya... but just so you feel better, 1st day I mowed all the pastures, and was done in about 5 hours. But... Friday dawned with a flat left front tire! Even brand new tires are no protection against the 3" thorns on black locust trees! More practice for pluggin' tires! :twisted: But, on the positive side, I've never had a front end loader, so the project to patch together some concrete pads (out of the driveway I replaced), for trailer parking should be a piece of cake!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:09 pm Wow dude! That's some water! Hope you guys are ok down there.

Hey! While I got you here, I have a question. My son has a Winchester model 70 Supergrade. He is looking for some QD swivels to go in the factory sling mounts. You happen to know where he could find a couple would you bud.?

Man! I've had it. I gotta go to bed!

Night boys!

Jay,
Is it an older model 70 supergrade? Those take the same big fat sling swivels as the model 71 does...very expensive...probably a couple of hundred....I had a set and sold them to a guy for $100 and that was 15 years ago.....look at the holes in the studs....if they are fat that's the kind you need.....if they are standard size any thing will fit.........if they are the fat ones maybe someone make a repo...dunno......either way, the standard ones will work if that's all he needs is a connection for the sling.

Nighty night and don't let the bed bugs bite.........

Old Savage is showing off the soft stuff again...the girls out there must take big breast pills.....they all got monsters. :D --6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh boy! Took the girls out this morning, made it to my SPOT in the yard and as I'm relieving my bladder my gut start grumbling. No matter how fast I tried I couldn't get Winnie to realize I had to get back in the house! Just barely made it to the throne! No more calzones for me!

Jay try gunpartscorp.com for those swivels.

Six did you explain to GK that all that James Bond 007 stuff isn't real and that he shouldn't expect us to furnish him a nuclear powered Rover?

Uhoh- gotta run!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks Jack and Gunny. Yes, it's a pre 64 SG. He's a fancy boy. I guess since buying your 95, only the best will do. :D
Yeah, they are wider than standard swivel studs. The kid said they won't fit.
Bein a poor feller, I only ever had a standard grade with the fixed sling loops.
I will do some digging around. Thanks guys.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quote Gunny :
Six did you explain to GK that all that James Bond 007 stuff isn't real and that he shouldn't expect us to furnish him a nuclear powered Rover?

I could do with any kind of Rover at the moment, since my truck went tits up I have been driving a Chevrolet.......sounds reasonable but it's a 1 litre engined Matiz....... :lol:
IMG_20200808_131419.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mornin GK!

Bein in Maine, I bet if I climb a tree, I can see your house. :D

Bummer on the Chevy. I wouldn't trade a Series 1 for anything they make. :D
There is a club for them here in Maine. They do trail rides and stuff. The Rover's........not the Chevy's. :D
I like the old British bikes too. Had a style all there own.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, I've got a Fox on a weathervane on my roof if that makes it easier to spot.. :lol:

My first three bikes were all BSAs, we have pre 1965 motor bike scrambled over here, good fun for us who remember the good old days.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I see it! I have a weathervane on my garage of a man and woman on a chopper (thanks Pitchy!).
Yeah. The early days of scrambles were special. No 210lb bikes with 12 inches of suspension. Just stripped down road bikes and factory conversions. Lots of parallel twins in the dirt back then!
Those guys were nuts! The Brits dominated in thisde days! We had mostly the Japanese copies of the Brits scramblers. The old Honda 350 twins mostly. They weighed a freakin ton!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The only motorcycle I've owned was a Kawasaki 400, about a 1970 model. Big, powerful 2-stroke single off-road model. While I was in the Navy, my B-I-L injured himself and couldn't ride, so we swapped, my Vega for his Triumph Bonneville. 750 twin. Most stressful ride was when the rear tire blew out at about 80 coming downhill... Got it laid down and avoided a bunch of road rash! That was when my wife decreed "no more road bikes". I'd learned to ride on a suicide shift '48 Harley. Same year my dad taught me to drive, the neighbor taught me to ride! I was not able to hold the bike up or even kick start it. But once he got us rollin', let me handle all the shifting and steerin', tho' not at the same time. That Bonneville was a fun ride, far easier to handle that big ol' Harley!

Frankly, now I think I'd prefer to just keep to more than 2 wheels. I would love a Harley trike tho'!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I used to be a course marshal back in the day, you know the guys with the flags. I met Jeff Smith once when he was World Champion, he was a BSA works rider and a nice guy.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You got the better of that trade Griff!
Especially if you still had it. That Harley would be safe money too! And quite honestly, the old Jap bikes are getting more collectible too.

I wish I had my old 73 Yamaha DT-250 back. And especially my 74 Yamaha TY-250 Trials bike!

That's cool GK! Those guys were legends. I came along in the Roger Decoster days, when the light 2 stroke dirt bikes started taking over from the old scramblers.
Never was a motocross guy. I always preferred Enduro and ISDE. Took WAY more skill IMO.

I miss dirtbikes every day.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Put a Honda 305 Superhawk in a drainage ditch. It was underwater, I flew mostly across. A nurse friend was following to my house. She missed it and had to come back to find me. It looked just like this one.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

There's always a woman involved where Old Savage has an issue...."a nurse was following me." :D

Sorry...can't join the conversation on motorcycles...I'm not allowed to have one.

GK...that's a mighty big lady bug you have there......here, they are red with dots. Nev saw a blue one before.---6
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The Chevy lady bug will have to do until I can find another truck that I can afford or another little 4x4 Suzuki I had a lot of fun with the last Suzuki, I even rescued a Chinese actress who was stranded in a flood, my little Suzuki knew no fear.... :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK....how much does gasoline cost there......I'm not too good at converting pounds to dollars so let's say in your wisdom a gallon at dollars. :D

Another thing...how many miles or kilometers does the average Brit drive? Around here I thinks it's about 12k miles a year.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, this one called me one time to say she had tickets to see the Eagles. We sat in the end zone section. Joey Heatherton sat a few rows up from us. Saw Jim Brown and Pete Retzlaff play.