The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Re: The Gun Room

Post by David »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:41 am No worries Tom, but you did miss home cured pastrami sammiches! The Ammo can wait until Saturday and if ya can get that stock all the better! Yup I'm going to be in Bernville.

Jay I do believe there are buffalo in Alaska, maybe you can pick up another coat for me?? :lol:

Well the crown moulding is done, I tell ya mouldings made with maple are a pain to work with! Sure it has a great finish but even nail guns have trouble setting nails. This stuff is glued up and a good part of the stuff is warped and twisted and very hard to get outside corners tight- then ya gotta fill open miters- PITA !
Today making beaded paneling.
Well they told me my new siding is in, I went to pick it up and they could only find part of the order. Give me a call when you get the rest and I'm picking it up all together because I know it will otherwise get screwed up even worse. It's probably going to take a month or more to resolve this I just know, it's special order so if they lost it, it's months out!
Well I was going to do something, I working but still have weekends free. When I told my wife I was doing this she gave me one of those looks. What the million dollar man can put a little siding up? Oh it's 6:45 here, I've gotten a crashed machine up, networked another (100GE ;), and replaced 2 disks. So now I know what all the people do (did do) that work for me and the day is just starting.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, interesting about the Lightning in the rifles. Never have even seen one. Fortunately I have never been biten by the old originals bug. Don't really care what tales they have to tell. I like the best of the new originals. My three 79 vintage Colts seem to be fine. Got an NIB Mod 88 in 91 that shoots some stuff great, two very nice Rossi 92s and a Browning B92. Some dandy 94s from 61 then 85-2005 in 30-30, 25-35, 444. Anyway, partial list there and good news for you guys that love the old originals ;-).I won't be competing for anything you guys want. ;-) I do have a Pfluger Supreme reel I bought new about 60 years ago and a Bear Panda bow and Camillus Model 51 all from the same era but they only have my stories.

Oh and Marlin 79 vintage 357, 35 Rem and 375.Win. along 54 EGs in 300 and .250.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hi! How are you? Fine I hope.

Ok, the BS is over with..you guys are busy I see...even David is doing what I've been doing all my life....never could afford to pay others what I can do myself.....most anything can be done by men with normal intelligence...it's the learning curve many of us dislike.....the Kubota repair costs me close to a G.....but that's what I get for hooking up the hydraulic lines backwards.....they want their money when they drop off the tractor........a job I was unqualified to do.....

Something tells me it's going to be a bad day.....it's already 90 and you can cut the air with a knife.

Fred........I'd like to see your guns......you are an all "el primo" kind of guy...using just a few and keeping the others NIB.....just like your soft stuff......use the others and keep the one you have at home NIB....new-in-bed......what a guy!!

We had a mess here last night.....ANOTHER skunk came up to the door and started a fight with a fox...the skunk sprayed and it hit the front door......the smell came right through the storm door....I had enough when this happened....I opened the door and pounded with a stick ..."GET OUT OF HERE"......just like the protester type....you feed em and they start a fight....pictures later.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

This morning on my way to work I get to a stop sign, im on a backroad and some nitwit in a little tin can car stops blocking the intersection on the county road and lowers the convertible roof. I'm cussing a blue streak about his stupidity as he is sitting there and he is looking at me like I'm the moron, oh and he is not 100 feet from an empty parking lot!! I wanted to flatten his tires !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six some my later acquired rifles haven't been shot much buy all the earlier ones have. Shot a lot from 90-01 after that not so much. Really like the 05 manufacture 94, 25-35.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok...here's the story...like you all care...... :D ...I really don't give a chit either as it's just something to help take up the day. This all boils down to retirement can get really boring sometimes and I have A LOT to do......if I lived in a condo or apartment I'd have to move.... (don't retire unless you have something to do.) Of course you can retire if you have the mindset of a inner city protester as they are happy accomplishing little to nothing....in fact I'd go as far to say they are happy sitting on the porch all day drinking Colt 45 malt liquor and blaming everyone else for their misery.

Wow! Sounds like I'm nuts but after further thought I'm just telling it like it is and everyone else is afraid to voice their thoughts.

Oh! On to skunks.....the first skunk is a hooded skunk and is only supposed to live in Mexico or SW United State..(see map) :D

Map of territory of Hooded Skunks

So....Mr Hooded Skunk shows up at dusk..cute little fellow....he just came up, ate some cat food and went away minding his own business....he's ALL WHITE on top. Two of our outdoor cats stood by and watched the white skunk....neither party bothered the other.

Then, later in the evening another skunk comes by for a bite to eat but this one is mostly black.

Unlike the previous mostly white skunk this mostly black one wanted all of the food for himself. We were watching him through the glass on the storm door.....I couldn't get a picture on the next occurance as it happened so fast but a fox came up to get some food but the black skunk was having none of it even though there was plenty of food for both of them. Along with the cat food there was a mess of chicken and other stuff we put out........the black skunk turned his butt and sprayed the fox hitting the fox and the front of our house......whoa...talk about a smell....I thought I was on 9th & Tatnell down in Wilmington, De.

The front of our house smells something terrible and the smell and destruction was caused by an individual who thought he owned it all, even though he owns nothing and the food was put out by caring folk who wanted to feed everyone in need. Moral of the story...you figure it out yo selves.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred..you ever shoot the 25-35? I can help you out if need be as it don't make sense to but brass,dies, etc if your only going to shoot it a few times.

Gunny....I would have drove around him and called him some nasty names....for real....zero patience for college professors which he probably was.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw what I should have done was drive up onto his hood then got out of the truck and put the claw from my hammer through his windshield! Then spray painted BLM on him- Boneheaded Looser Moron !!!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah.....skunks.
Bad news is, just when you think that smell is gone, it rains and it smells like it happened yesterday. For a while too. :?
Skunks love cat food. We used to trap em off people's lawns years ago and used it for bait. It's usually the little young ones that will spray over nothing. The big ones are usually more even tempered. Cats usually get along good with them.
A buddy had a dog that hated them. They would spray him and he didn't care. He would get ahold of them and rip them to shreds. He always smelled.
Never even heard of those "beaner skunks". :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My JRT killed 3 skunks that I know of and never got sprayed. He was a professional killer, nothing was safe, cats, possums, coons, neighbors shepherd, deer, bears he did his best to kill em all ! Sure do miss him but I dont miss all the holes dug in the yard!! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pics from the open desert and a warning. Bet you won't see this back east.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Gunny.... that's quite a list of furbearers your JRT kills.....anyway you can add "protester" or possibly "progressive liberal"? If so, I'll take a dozen. :D

No Fred....there sure ain't nothing like that back east.....and I'm glad........while I'm no world traveler I have seen a bit of this country.....Colorado is beautiful but a lot of it is brown..I like to visit but I like more to come home where it's green. The mountains in the east may not be as tall as the Rockies but they are prettier and more soothing.....in my view..but that's my view...

Getting all aggravated again.....defund the police? Yea, go ahead....the lawlessness in the cities will end at the boundary where the republican districts begin.......the silent majority is just that, silent.....and we will stay that way until they tread on us....then the fireworks will begin.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice pics OS. Gotta get out there someday. Never seen the desert or southwest. I'd really like to. I suspect it is as much a "feel" as a sight.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Soooo Jack, what words of nwisdom do you have for someone who is starting to load for 25/35? I got that 1894 from 1906 or 07 and am running out of factory loads pretty quickly. I got brass and a set of RCBS dies with the gun.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I was at the Sand Dunes National Monument in Colorado, it's a huge sand pile that is kinda stuck in a bowl in the mountains. You'd swear you were in the middle of the Sahara if not for the mountains . Weird thing is the sound created by the sand moving, kinda a low hum. When I was there some country artist was filming a music video and they were having trouble with the background noise.

So the vet that did Claro's surgery called last night, the ONLY call I received from her since the surgery. Claro still limping-' oh really? We might have to remove the implant' Great just what I need , another big bill and a couple more weeks of rehab!

Raining here now! How do you spell disgusting? HUMIDITY!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, appreciate the offer. I have not shot that 25-35 much. Look up 25-35 on Gun Blast; that is the rifle I have. Jeff Quinn tested a few different loads. I got it from him at a very reasonable price and immediately was offered twice what I paid. I did develop a copper bullet load for hunting here but with the spitzer style it is too long to work through the action. It has been very accurate with the few loads I have tried. I do have brass and dies, came with the deal.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This is the electrical/phone connection room. Shows how serious they want to be about this mask stuff.

And, the now defunct Wing and a Prayer bar and grill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've never owned a 25-35. Supposed to be a pretty good cartridge from what I hear, however.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! There's a dive upstate that looks just like that...a plane in the building.....

When I get disgusted with what's going on I just sleep....pulled a 1-1:30....as Tom says, "Six it" or like I say, F.I.

Tom....4198 has performed the best for me in accuracy but not in velocity....3031 got it in the velocity dept. ....the 25-35 has a very sloping body and build pressure in a weird way, a way I can't explain but It happens with just one grain extra of 4198....the action will lock up the same way the sloping 33 Winchester does when using too much 3031. I think there's lots of bolt thrust and the primer swages into the bolt face primer hole.......stay with 3031 or a powder similar in burn rate.

Oh, the bullet.....only one as far as I'm concerned as the 25-35 has a 1-7 twist...I think.....117 Hornady RN. Never fooled with cast. I do have.an original Marbles adapter for firing the 25 acp in the 25-35 and it will hit the 140 yd 10" gong every shot. I have a dandy of a SRC in 25-35....try to find one of those......bring cash. :D

Yea Gunny.....dry as a bone in the house and soggy as HRC's crotch outside......that's OK...sure glad it's nothing like last year.

I have a special herbicide coming UPS for the pond...supposed to wipe out the algea and eliminate pond scum and supposedly does not harm the little fish or frogs.----6
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay..your up early or are you on vacation?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No. I'm up by 2 every day. Then I take a power nap in the evening before heading in. Yeah.....fun.
That said, I'm off for a couple weeks starting the end if next week. Alaska bound!
Not going to see the kids though...........I'm going to see that sweet 95! Like I said before, I bet it's chilly up there. Probably need a coat.......... :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

10-4, on the 117 RN, excellent accuracy

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six ya dont need an herbicide for the pond all ya need is a bale of barley straw. Tractor supply sells barley stuff for ponds too. Or the pondguy.com .

Hot & humid here AGAIN with frequent showers- set up the saw to make a cut & break it back down then set up again all day long.

Waiting for my 4 o'clock with the chiropractor now.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OK Six, this was all I did with the 25-35. You will see it all worked except those with the old primers. H380 worked fine and should cause no pressure issues. Ed Matunas recommended it for all weights in the 7-08 which I found to be true. It can be ysed in a wide range of cartridges.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....
I learned something from your records......if you start a hobby at a young age you tend to close your mind to new technology as you get older.....your velocities are impressive..near 200 fps more than I got.....I was using a 20" SRC...How Long is your barrel?

The "Imperial" bullets? CIL from Canada? Where in the hell did you find those? I never knew they released components.....I have and still have some Imperial factory ammo for the 38-55 and the 22 Savage Hi-Power......the 38-55's were 255 jacketed and chronographed 1600+ with 1 and 1/2" at 100....when my eyes were 22 y.o.

Gunny.....tell me more about the Barley straw. Pond guy? Here, a country boy I am and never heard about this straw stuff.....but wouldn't that make a mess? Seems to me the only thing the straw will do is block out the sun. I ordered this pond herbicide from Aquacide...$78...and for the little pond I have its a three year supply.

JAY......OH JAAAAAAAAAAYYYY......I was driving by your house today on the Google Highway and noticed "Old Red" is parked in your Dad's driveway. :D I tell ya, some of the stuff you can do with Google Earth is a downright spy machine....I wonder what the Feds really have...in real time.....😲.......a Boeing engineer told me years ago they can read the date on a dime and he was not laughing.....😱

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

6 - 20" barrel. The Imperial were some factory rds I just decide to try. Do not recall where they came from.

Easy to stay with what works. Quinn used AA 2460.for even better velocity. None was available here.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I haven't looked in a while, but it used to be that Old Red was on the side and if you looked close, you could see my old mans legs sticking out from under it. :D
He was out working on it haha. :D
But yeah, it's scary.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Last night I got a better pic of the Hooded skunk. They appear to be very docile and I've heard they make good pets.....after their HRC is denuded......for lack of the proper words..

With the heat and humidity that's still with us, so is the smell from the other night. But....it's got to smell better than downtown Seattle, the new country of Chaz. :D
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six, thepondguy.com is a site for pond equipment,supplies etc. the barley bales or even the compressed pucks they make sink and break down slowly. There is a naturally occurring 'something' in barley that kills algae. Supposedly the barley also helps breakdown natural stuff like leaves that settled to the bottom. I don't have a pond though I'd love to have one- then again the girls would never be dry!

That's funny, your Dads legs on Google maps! :lol:

Well ZZ birds tomorrow! Out to Bernville- sure glad the humidity is GONE!

So after the call from the vet Wednesday evening I got a call from my vet yesterday, guess the surgeon called to speak to dr Jeff about Claro. He assures me it is very possible that Claro's implant quite possibly needs to be removed. I tell ya if I didn't have krap luck I'd have no luck at all!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Gunny....yes, dogs and other domestic pets are very expensive if cared for properly. For what they give in return it's a thrifty expense....but you knew that.

I've done some 10 cent research and this is what I've found........barley does not kill algae, it prevents new growth...may take 3-6 months for a clear pond......the herbicide is a short term solution, but I knew that as I use herbicide around the fences about three times a year.......aireation or however you spell that word is also needed in conjunction with dredging, (did dat)...having a very deep pond so the sunlight don't hit the bottom...(don't want dat).....with algae eating bacteria and fish.......it would cost me $1,000 a year just so I can say I have a clear pond.....screw all dat........HERBICIDE to the rescue.

Now, all of our troubles would be over if we could just spray the inner cities three times a year to stem the growth.

KNOCK THOSE ZZ BIRDS OUT!!! Do it to the tune of music from ZZ TOP.----6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I had a beer with that lil ol band from Texas once!! One of my favorite bands as well.
Actually when a ZZ takes off it's more of an O Chit reaction to catch it and blast it- I'll have to try your method! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

So yesterday I do the front brakes on my dually. A month after my latest service. I found this:
DSCN1254.JPG
Yes, I was spitting mad when I saw that. All other zerk fittings were well greased... I guess the "mechanic" was a little "height challenged" and forgot when it came down off the lift? But... and it is a big butt... I get it serviced once a year, on average a little less than 6,000 miles per oil change/lube.

I was nice and polite when I went to the dealership (only place it's been serviced for the last 15 years)... and asked the service writer if that's what he'd expect a 15 year old ball joint to look like if it'd been serviced regularly over 88K miles? He said, let me get the service manager... who then proceeded to admit, "...no... and could he borrow my p/u for 15 or 20 minutes?" Well, it was 30, and it came back all freshly greased and a card for a free oil change/service the next time I'm in... Also came with an inspection sheet showing that the ball joints were still well within tolerances, he said if the seals blow out on subsequent greasings, new ones would be on them. Also had to mention that my carrier bearing did need replacing. Asked me to bring it back Monday and he'll get it done. Something for me to verify... Also had to order the tool to remove & replace the rear wheel bearing nut so I can do the rear brakes. Frankly, I was VERY surprised at just how much brake was left on the linings after that 88K miles.

WooHoo!!! Drilled & slotted rotors... ain't I hi-performance?? :D :D
DSCN1258.JPG
Today, installed the new larger transmission cooler... In just my little test run, it appears it dropped the trans fluid temp 40ºF!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well Griff...not sure but you MIGHT be old enough to remember what I was taught as a youngster....."If you want the job done right, do it yoself."

88,000 country miles ain't nuttin....about equal to 200 inner city miles. Country miles are so much easier on the vehicle mechanics plus it smells better with no musk oil afro sheen smears on the quarter panels that stick out on dually's from intentional "bumps".

I think your picture is misleading......you are just trying to show off those fancy $500 rotors....they do look nice.

Whether you all know it or not we are going to have a real deal war with MASSIVE STREET VIOLENCE after this years election no matter who wins.......for real.....what I'm seeing on TV makes zero sense and it's ALL GEARED to destroy my Presidents reelection chances, which, by the way, are gaining high in numbers. What are they gonna do after the election when Trump wins...... And what are the red people gonna do IF the election is STOLEN from us due to a hostile takeover.? Either way you all better be prepared, a true Civil War is on our doorstep.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just checked todays security camera footage- mailman dropped a package about 145, at 245 a fairly large bear strolled through the camera .

Hey Six you should go buy a half dozen goldfish for your pond. Go to the pet store a ask for feeder goldfish, should be cheap! Put them in and walk away. If the die over the winter BFD but I'd bet they will survive... although ya might lose them to great blue heron's.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Six, there wasn't any UNINTENTIONAL about it! And believe, I'm a frugal shopper, there ain't $500 in this whole brake job... even including the new tool I ordered from Amazon! And I mean really, why couldn't GM use the same tool as used on my prior Dana 44 front axles? I've seen this same Kent-Moore tool priced from $34 to over a Benjamin! I guess it's true, a fool and their money are soon parted. I ain't talking about clone tools, I'm talking about a tool from the same freakin' manufacturer!

Anway, tomorrow, it's move the shelter and replace the shock absorbers on The Black Rose! I've never found fluid leaking from my old shocks, but... the skirts are just about rusted away! And new bounce controllers can't hurt!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Oh yeah, Ribeyes and red potatoes, broiled in olive oil, with chili powder, cajun seasoning, garlic and parmesan cheese! Doesn't get much better!
DSCN1263.JPG
Last edited by Griff on Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You are a wild man!!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! PARTY ON DUDES!! Fred....who is that nonconformist you have pictured there? That is a coooooolllll T shirt. That ain't nothing compared to what they have for sale at this one gunshow.......to wear the others you have to be 6'4" and 240 pounds of rock which I ain't. I'm 5.8 and half muscle/half flab and quickly turning into the latter.

Shock absorbers on the Rose? Wow, I bet those babies are big.....last year I put Old Man Emu's on the Rubicon.......I can whip around a curve and the Jeep stays put with zero dip.......think Jay turned me on to those, maybe my son,,,,dunno.

My son told me today he's going to this bike rally in N.Dakota this year and it's some kind of a lottery to get in. He told me the libs put in tens of thousands of dollars to play this lottery thing and are expecting to get all the tickets but a few....then they ain't gonna show up.....I may have screwed up that story a bit but if your a biker who does such things you would know about it.....

Now where's that Gunny dude???? Bear? You keep em.....local news has one a few miles down the road. The goldfish sounds like a super idea.......I should have the herbicide soon and as soon as the pond clears up and the herbicide goes down the stream I'll get a couple of dozen, maybe 24 of them and pop em in the pond. You know, 6 and 1/2 dozen make 24...dang, I am Italian.....for real, I was told the herbicide does not harm fish but I'll wait anyway.

I need some coaching from Mr Psychology.........can't get away from what's going on in this country....the wife even took control of the remote so I can't go to Fox News.......it's crazy man, crazy....seems like no one cares about the future.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Relax, if you don't have control, you don't have responsibility.

You are not in danger. Live your life as is if nothing outside was going on.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok.....back on course..thanks! I tell ya, it's great having an "on the board therapist" handy when ya need him.

That sixgun chili.......didn't Tammy have something to do with that some years back? :D
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm in complete agreement with your wife, I have gotten to the point where I'm not watching the news at all. Either covid bs or this latest unAmerican protest stuff.

Need to coffee up, shower and beat feet by 7:30 so I can go rid the world of those dreaded ZZ Birds! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mornin' boys. Man, long day yesterday. I had a dentist appointment so I stayed up all day. Was up 25 hours before I crashed. Worked on my latest project all day.

Hey Six,
Yeah, I run OME shocks. They are great, as are their springs. The other great shock for the coin is Rancho RS5000X's. Never been much into Rancho stuff, but the 5000X's rock!
To bad about the Rally. I hope your son makes it. Are you talking about Sturgis? Those liberals better not show. Those bikers will kill em!
They tried that here one year with the moose lottery. Didn't work out for em.

So anyway, my old dad bought a new JD 570 last week. We had an old 89 240 that we bought from my mom's uncle in 92. He mowed commercial with it. We mowed and bagged leaves on at least 4 lawns a week. The boys mowed lawns for cash with it also. This thing has been incredible. I wish it had an hour meter. :shock:
I decided to keep it and clean it up a bit. I managed to find a NOS mowing deck shell this week. Old one is good but getting thin. The frame channels were packed with dirt and grass. Took up the steering a little. Gotta sand out and paint some rust spots on the rear fenders.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sixgun chili was something I came across, Tami was not involved in that. Don't know if these guys know Tami. She has not been active here for a while. We have a facebook group. She is there everyday.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster.....mmmmm a 240?.... by the looks of your pic it appears to be one of the bigger home owners tractors.....not familiar with the newer Deeres. I used a JD 400 for 30 years that was built in '76.....had the 20 HP Koehler twin cyl cast iron engine, a 60" deck and a hydraulic snow plow. I knew EVERY bolt on that tractor......my BIL rebuilt the motor when it took a chit sometime in the early nineties...got another 1,000 hours before that one went.....sold it as it was for $500 and that guy rebuilt it and is still mowing grass with it.

I used to break everything down every year and paint the innards of the deck....then I learned about diesels.

Most gas engines of the bigger Deere series are good for about 1500 hours if taken care of. Hour meters are cheap...put one on. When the hour meter broke on my old Deere I replaced it with one from the supply room at the forklift repair area at the plant. Same size, it said "Clark" written on it.....yea....I had pals everywhere in the plant.

The one your dad bought is like the one I used to have...I see it's a good size by looking at the pics on the net...a 570....24 horse....all modernized looking....what did he give for it, about 7 as I see that's what they are priced at.

I had a hitch on my old 400 and used to pull a horse trailer around the yard with it...powerful little buggers they are.

This is what I used to have...a picture I took off the Internet.---6

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Fred.....Tami still looks hotter than well....something hot. :D I can see those long legs collapsing my ear drums....back in the day of course as I can't hear anything anymore. She has got to be the "smokinist" babe in Wyoming and a nice gal to talk to...my kind of gal with the single action and all. She brought comfort to me after a dog I had died and put it all into perspective. My wife didn't approve of me talking to her and told me, "you better be glad she's 2,000 miles away from here or you'd be living in a tent."

Ollogger, her husband, is a great guy.....Tami bought a 25-35 off of me for him and he loves it....don't think the rifle had more than a couple of hundred rds out of it. You tell Tami I was asking for her...great people.

That thing with "Six N Boots" didn't go over too good around here.....damm near caught a cast iron frying pan to the head.

Didn't you give me that bag of Sixgun Chili? Can't remember much anymore...just the things I want to remember....

Well, got grass to cut...me and mom having a cook out later.---6.....o.....de.....bro.................wit......da....ho.....
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And you are depending on me to remember? Probably ;-)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's cool buddy! I like the older JD's. The old 240 just has sentimental value. Think i posted a pic one time of my boy driving it when he was quite small.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, Tami is very social and interactive. Tell Mrs Six not to think anything of it. Tami and I have had many conversations, my wife not bothered but it but then I talk to a lot of women. Boots n Six was something I started when I thought Leverguns might crash..

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So just got home after ZZ Birds, and yes I listened to a few ZZ Top songs on the way! :D I shot pretty well too, main reason I went out is to pick up some 28 ga ammo from Tom and introduce a couple guys to the game- they are HOOKED!
Truck shows an average of 30 mpg on the highway !! I'm ecstatic about that!!!

Got the mail, new Shooting Times- John Gallagher has passed away! Dreaded cancer. I knew John well as we were classmate's in gummsmiff skool. God Speed my friend!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok...i need to butt in before resuming casual conversation....THIS QUESTION IS FOR JAY......
Jay, a buddy of mine asked me this question to which I'm not 100 percent sure....I KNOW YOU CAN. :D CAS is a board member but does not come on too much...he and I used to shoot and camp out together....good guy and he remembers me farting a lot, especially when we were at Franks hunting cabin....remember that one Glen?

I'm going to pm him to stop on over at the Gun Room. Anyway, here's the question.

Hey Jack.....

A Jeep. :lol: I was sitting around thinking to myself, who can I ask? Then I thought of you! You're easier than searching Google for three hours and more fun! :wink:

So I just bought an old YJ with a million miles on it, basically to drive back and forth 3 miles to work and whatever else now and then. I was looking at the steering damper and realized I know nothing about them.
I read that if you have a lift, or bigger tires or heavy duty bumpers you should probably upgrade it. I think this thing has a little body lift and slightly larger than stock tires. My question is, besides being beefier, does the size change? Like needing shocks with a longer throw with a suspension lift? Left to right nothing has changed, so I'm assuming the "size" (length, length of throw) doesn't change? This is all academic, I'm not changing anything or thinking I need to at the moment, just looking to learn.

Teach me sensei.
Model A Uzi’s