The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Re: The Gun Room

Post by David »

piller wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:08 pm Hope the new owner appreciates it. Guns like that need to be shot and taken care of.
Me Me Me, I'm not sure it's proper to tell where it's going but I think admitting it is ok.

It COULDN'T find a better next place to be.

I might have to wear diapers when it arrives. :shock:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just open the box out in the yard where you can, as they say - go free range !!
Gotta be honest I was 99.999% sure you were the next care taker for the low wall.

Well I noticed this morning that my American Chestnut had finally fallen and was hung up in a hickory. It has been standing dead for about 10 years or more. I pulled it out of the hickory , cut it up into 4-5 foot lengths to resaw. Got 3 of the 5 peices down to 5/4 boards, bandsaw blade is protesting and dull now. My forrester buddy told me its an ancient tree that died out with the blight but the root system is still alive. It didnt get very big, maybe 20 foot tall& 14" at the stump.

Oh well I guess it's time to mow.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hope you have a lot of fun with it!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I know it sounds a bit weird to think that a gun has a soul. For real, out of many dozens of guns I have about a dozen are a part of me and as far as I'm concerned they have a soul. This Low Wall is one of them....I've never seen one like it in my close to 50 years of being heavily indulged in the old guns.

While I was never looking to sell it an opportunity came up to see this gun go to an appreciative owner, not some wholesaler who would put it up on an auction site. At 65 anything can happen and that's where most of my guns will go to...a wholesaler.

I really...really....really...appreciate David for stepping up to the plate and asking......

When I was around twenty I thought everything was "yours for good".....you know, finality......and in my vast collection of antique/old books was an author who Jim T remembers as a child and lived nearby and this author was old then. His name was James Servan and he had one of, if not the best Colt collections in the world. He wrote in an article and words that struck me hard......."We are all only temporary custodians of the material items we have."

I hope no one asks me about buying some old single action Colts or Smiths I have that have provenance.....when they go I might as well jump in the 6' hole.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well......me and mom are getting ready to run out and get cat food and then back for a cook out and an easy afternoon. You all think I'm dressed for the occasion?

But in reality I wouldn't dress this way if I was headed for the hood but I don't go to the hood. :D ---6

Can't believe how much I've aged since my signature pic taken 17 years ago.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hurray...David wins page 88! Looks like Gunny is gonna have to find a Winchester model 88 or possibly a German 88mm artillery piece.---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

David scored big time! Not with pg.88, but with the low wall. Beautiful.

I tell ya Six, I'd LOVE to give a good and solid home to a lot of that stuff you've got. You'd never have to worry about it. Even beyond my liftetime. My son is taking good care of your 95.

Nice out today. We threw a couple kayaks on Old Red and hit a nice quiet pond. Had a nice little ride.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well Six I see the city of brotherly love has begun the shanangins!!
Let's see, an 88, hmm... I have an empty 5" shell my nephew saved for me from when he served on the USS Ross! I'm still trying to find dies for it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay....looks super up your way...the air sure is clearer which I'm sure is everyday.....here it only gets that way about twice a month.

I hope your boy is happy with HIS 1895.....remember, we are all only temporary costodians of this stuff..........like me new found friend David says, "don't buy a dozen brown guns you CAN afford...buy one you CANNOT afford.....I'm not exceptionally bright but I knew that after the first dozen brown guns.

Jay...did he shoot it yet? I told him he may have to replace the front sight with a lower/taller one for fast loads. It's been a good year seeing two fine firearms going to good homes.....LOTS better than last year....face gets smashed, dizzy...dizzzzzzzzzy.....concussion, tornado......

Jay..for real...I'd like to see one or more of my single action Colts go to you.....I'll cut ya a good deal so it's not buying, it's investing. How about the pair of 5.5's that have the serial number "SIXGUN1" and "SIXGUN2"...the first is in 38-40 and the other in 45...new unfired with walnuts.....mmmmmm...your thinking.

Gunny...THEY ARE TEARING PHILLY APART! Liberal policies sure bring out the gratitude don't they??? :D Local TV has been hounding us for donations for the covid stuff.........they are eating great, driving Cadillacs.......HOARDS ...(50-100) of them are on ATV's and dirt bikes driving through the city with TOTAL disrespect for the law......they figure they all can't be caught.......let those animals come out to whitey land attempting to wreak destruction and they will know what a 30 round burst sounds like and if that don't do it a 20 round semi burst from the MIGHTY BAR...YES, ITS MIGHTY!

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey bud!
I know you would treat me right. You did good by my boy and this old hick don't forget that.
Oh man! Those Colts are beautiful. Funny, I was telling someone about those just a week or so ago.
I'm telling you man, if I had the cash I'd need my pickup to haul em all home. :D
I will definitely be a customer. Of that, there is no doubt buddy!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know what i don't understand........people are in some areas of Minneapolis cleaning the streets...they have brooms, dumpsters,j yard rakes......and they are white! WTF? They made their bed, let em sleep in it.

Even Trump is coming out with common sense while the mayors of these third rate cities are blaming white supremacists.....

I had enough and shutting off the news....
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

No, that is wrong. If you are in the majority you are wrong But different groups are showing who they are,:.it is becoming clear.

We are outvoted here in Calif and is LA burning?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

"Is LA burning"? I don't know...didn't think there was anything left to burn after the Rodney King fiasco. :D What I do know the cops are taking a stand from keeping the protesters from entering Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. :D I like that. The protesters are getting smart and are going to where the real money is and better goodies to be had when they smash windows. It's coming.....next time, maybe tomorrow they will start in Beverly Hills. :D

Fred..you better keep tabs on that fancy heat messaging couch......Jamal might have it in his crib. :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

So I went to the range today with a buddy of mine. Inhad been doin some ammunition testing in one of my 22’s. Decided to give it a time out to cool off. Put the 218 Bee in the sandbags for a little plinking. Fired a couple shots when we get into a field repair on his AR 45. I sit down and look out at the 100 yard berm and right in front of the backstop is this guy. Well he didn’t even twitch, no shimmy no shake no cocoa bop. DRT.
AA84B7B8-AE6D-4A97-8E7F-D766E73B9EAF.jpeg
The 218 Bee still gets whistle pigs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We don't have them around me. Are they destructive?
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Alrighty now! The mighty 218 Bee barks! Dang Tom, I never did cut notches on that rifle but my guess is I shot about 6 foxes and maybe 4 crows with it..now you can add a groundhog to the list.......(have mercy, the hogs are having their young now)

Did ya try any groups with it? It likes 4227 and the Hornady Bee bullet which I believe you got some when I sold ya.

You can now give your rifle a name......"The Mighty Hogslayer". :D -----6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yes Piller. They dig holes that livestock put their legs in and break bones and the groundhogs will over run a property in addition they love the taste of wiring like on any equipment left around or cars. Also good source for fleas and ticks.
Yeah Jack hogslayer!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Memorial Day was always when we started hunting whistle pigs- the young are now able to survive without momma. Yes the MIGHTY 218 Bee is plenty of juju for groundhogs. Used to have a farm within walking distance that I hunted hogs on, spent many hours waiting for them to emerge. Can't remember how many my Bee has perforated, the 17 Rem has a fair share too. 22-250 is/was too much gun for the small fields I hunted. Now that farm is a humongous indoor riding arena and there is no way I'd get the go-ahead to hunt the rest of it( even though I know the new owners) .

Like your shirt Jack!

Well at least the mobs are wearing masks! More leftist propaganda has these animals foaming at the mouth.

Ah well, coffee.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Out where I grew up, Prairie Dogs made the holes. I read what I could find, and they seem to be similar pests. Prairie Dogs carry bubonic plague, yes the black death that destroyed civilization at one time. We used to shoot them from as long a distance as we could. A friend used to have a Ruger Number 1 in 220 Swift. At 400 yards it was still easily in range.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Shouldn't these mobs be practicing Social Distancing?
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

piller wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:39 am Shouldn't these mobs be practicing Social Distancing?
I'm not trying to incite nothing and no attempt is made to spin.....I see it as I see it on the news.

Why? They don't anywhere else....we were at work one day reading the paper and in it was a story on this two bedroom apartment in Camden, N.J, that caught on fire which left 23 people homeless. They don't care so why should we?

You only have to look at these news videos when the the newspeople are interviewing protestors......watch how they jump on cars and stand with their hands up as if they conquered the car. Total 100% disregard for other people's property and total 100% disrespect for the rule of law and order. I really don't think they have the mental capability of distinguishing right from wrong. They are not reverting to the jungle mentality, they never left it.

Why aren't the older ones or their mentors taking a stand and grouping together to stop this hogwash? Why? Because most of them condone their behavior.

I just watched on TV where this mob surrounded a skinny white kid and pulverized him.

I'm not going to be treated harshly or take any of this stuff because of the mistakes of white people five generations before me. This whole thing sickens me in this day and age. I feel very fortunate to live where I do and my neighbors all say the same thing, "let em burn the cities because if they come out here we are gonna burn them.--6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Preach it Reverend Jack ! I'm with ya 100%.

Didnt have anything pressing today so I said screw it & went fishing for a couple hours. Caught the fish that caught me a couple weeks ago. Big fat rainbow.
20200531_094437.jpg
Has to be every bit of 20" long.
Then I went to Lowes and got some mulch for the new flower bed.
Now I see Chicago is rioting and Trump is listing antifa as a terror organization- its about time ! Take the gloves off and open the can of whoopazz.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Piller, I grew up in Montana and worked on a cattle ranch in high school so I am VERY familiar with prairie dogs. These pa groundhog can get up to 20 pounds and make a big hole. They also like to make home under structures which can be a bad thing.
Jack do you remember how much 4227?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prairie Dogs do tend to stay away from structures. I have seen cattle break a leg in a dog hole. Some similarities, some differences. Both are pests.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tom I was using something around 13.0 of 4227 in my bee. Of course my bee is a number1 so dont quote me as being safe in your gun. Wait that load is for 40 grain bullet. Check your phone!

I've been fortunate enough 5shoot both prarie dogs and groundhogs. PDs are probably more fun since there are so many of them but groundhogs are more like big game hunting. Sadly good hog hunting property is very hard to come by anymore.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's quite a fish Gunny....you throw him back? I'd be eaten' that sucker....love fish.

Philly got tore up today....lootin', pillaging, burning....then.....a GREAT thing happened and is still going on.....those monsters started marching towards a Target store in the whitey neighborhood and the residents took up arms and guarded the front doors. Cops came and helped them.......even a few decent black guys with guns on their side showed up to help. The residents say they are staying all night.......about time some people with common sense took a stand.

Jewelers Row in Philly was well protected. :D
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good people stand for good !
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya Fred...some good people here...they were chanting "USA" and they said they are Trump supporters.

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

About time that we hear some good news.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well folks...it's Moooonnnndddaaayyyyyy for all you working stiffs!........that is, if you have a place to go to.

Got a good laugh this morning....mom says she said the looters (no, not protestors) were coming out to the suburbs......on my street, we have one police chief, TWO street cops, and six houses on each side of the road that the owners are heavy into guns....and the will to use em....I know of four of these guys who have suppressors, they near all have AR's, some with fun switches and handguns and a one is extremely militaristic with a BAR..... :D

No, no one will shoot until it's absolutely necessary but when it does it will be a sheet of lead. Tough talk? If I was "them" I wouldn't gamble.---6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Remember the series The Guns of Will Sonnett? No brag, just fact.
D. Brian Casady
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:14 am Well folks...it's Moooonnnndddaaayyyyyy for all you working stiffs!........that is, if you have a place to go to.

Got a good laugh this morning....mom says she said the looters (no, not protestors) were coming out to the suburbs......on my street, we have one police chief, TWO street cops, and six houses on each side of the road that the owners are heavy into guns....and the will to use em....I know of four of these guys who have suppressors, they near all have AR's, some with fun switches and handguns and a one is extremely militaristic with a BAR..... :D

No, no one will shoot until it's absolutely necessary but when it does it will be a sheet of lead. Tough talk? If I was "them" I wouldn't gamble.---6
I actually ended up in a bad place yesterday, my back window is an American flag so I stopped and put my vest on with a Sheriff watching.
Got home and they told my daughter anyone that doesn't have someone with color in their hair to leave, she said there were people running in the streets.
I'm in the burbs, those people need to pull up their little boy pants, they closed the towns but well I'm just always heavily armed the ,... coming out of Chicago.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...the looters/bums/low life's/subhumans/trash/thugs/criminals/ ...certainly NOT protesters...have entered Macy's in NY.....and the cops ain't doing nothing.

I truly hope these businesses don't come back or if they do, reloacate in white neighborhoods because we sure don't put up with that jungle behavior.

It's so bad the cops need to start making examples. Take those nightsticks and start splitting heads.----6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Police in Dallas not doing much. About all the idiots are doing is blocking traffic.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I doubt we will see the riots up here.
Then again, I just don't care anymore. This country is a disaster. A guy I've known most of my life died all alone in a nursing home the other day. He had been doing great right up until nobody could go see him. Two months later, he is dead. His son couldn't be there, and has to spend the rest of his life wondering.
There is a value to quality of life. It is a very high value to me. I'm going to live as I always have. I don't care if it's 20 years or 2 days.
Picking my town to riot would be a really bad choice.
First, the rioters probably already have better stuff than they will find here.
Second, I'm done. I just don't have any tolerance left.

Sorry for the rant boys. Carry on.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I with ya Jay! I hear you on the zero tolerance that's left.....me too! Don't know what it is but I think it's the way the "ones in charge" are letting the subhumans do whatever they want to...stealing chit that takes the rest of us a year to save up for...not to mention WE have always supported our families PLUS their families..black and white. They laugh all the time, drive decent cars, go to sports games, but usually live in sheds, their cars, or under bridges but they really don't care where they live while we have a standard and I'll be dammed if they are gonna burn down buildings where I live...THATS THE STAND MOST OF US TAKE......you come into my area, your gonna eat lead........pieces of human excrement they are, black and white, male or female....trash.

From here on in, my attitude has changed...I'll laugh in their face and call them what they are from here on to the end.......---6....a changed 6...a bitter 6......an uncaring 6.....a 6 who does think he's better than they are........and a 6 who's gonna put his actions where his mouth is......
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

......and possibly a 6 who is gonna win Jay's '89 Marlin......
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No! Not my 89? The 2/3 mag 89? OMG, what can I do?
Guess I will just have to send it to you. :D

I know you feel the same bro. I've had a great life. I can't stand to see this dystopian future here now.
I'm just not afraid. I will NOT be someone I'm not. Let the cards fall where they may. :cry:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What a day! Got a bunch of cabinets hung, quite a challenge with 300 year old walls! Still lots to do.
On my way home th accountant called, I need more info! So I was scrambling last evening to find more stuff.

Saw a doe yesterday that must have an abscess tooth, looked like she has an orange stuck in her cheek. Looked healthy enough so I guess she is eating ok.

I doubt very highly my town will see any protesting! We don't have anyone that fits the ' profile'.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:49 am What a day! Got a bunch of cabinets hung, quite a challenge with 300 year old walls! Still lots to do.
On my way home th accountant called, I need more info! So I was scrambling last evening to find more stuff.

Saw a doe yesterday that must have an abscess tooth, looked like she has an orange stuck in her cheek. Looked healthy enough so I guess she is eating ok.

I doubt very highly my town will see any protesting! We don't have anyone that fits the ' profile'.
I'm not sure what the profile is.
Anyplace that has anything to steal?
From dollar stores to Rolex's, white to black owned, CNN - just to stupid to know they are a supporter?

Only place not attacked sells work cloths and boots.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! David has a greeeeaaaatttt sense of humor......yea, "they" don't fool with work boots.

Hey! I'm up at 8:00 AM!!!!! Dang phone rang....Kubota dealer calls me up to tell me they are picking up the very Mighty Kubota 3350 for an issue and some PM........I'm near crying.....feel like I'm losing my best friend.....I pleaded with the guy....."please Mr Kubota man, how long is it going to be and I know you can't pin it down but your going to have a raging maniac on your hands if it's more than a week.!!!!". . ---6
Model A Uzi’s
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:44 am Ha! David has a greeeeaaaatttt sense of humor......yea, "they" don't fool with work boots.

Hey! I'm up at 8:00 AM!!!!! Dang phone rang....Kubota dealer calls me up to tell me they are picking up the very Mighty Kubota 3350 for an issue and some PM........I'm near crying.....feel like I'm losing my best friend.....I pleaded with the guy....."please Mr Kubota man, how long is it going to be and I know you can't pin it down but your going to have a raging maniac on your hands if it's more than a week.!!!!". . ---6
How will you bury the protestors?
How many hours?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Fear not Kubby will be back. I had an 87 Caddy that I think absorbed about $11,000 in repairs and maintenance. I found out if I kept throwing money through the doirs they would keep pushing it back out the doors.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I probably won't be on the board any more today. My emotions are through the roof and detoxification is setting in from the temporary loss of the MIGHTY Kubota.

Well, it's my fault as last fall I hooked up the hydraulic lines for the loader wrong and blew out a seal...it still works but leaks fluid and after a day of working the loader I might have to add a half qt. of fluid. 477 hours on it and I'm told the tractor is good for 7-15 thousand hours so I'll be dead before I need another one.

I was so emotional I took some pics. Mines on the end of the trailer with the bucket.

There it is......please come back! . 😫. 🤧. 😥

Same yard after the tornado...only shows a part......insurance don't pay nothing unless it causes damage and I had very little. The insurance man told me that my yard was a $20-30,000 job but it was just me and the MIGHTY Kubota and of course a pair of Stihl chainsaws......NONE OF MY "BUDDIES" showed up to help until it was all cleaned up. People wonder why I detest most individuals.

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So come to find out a neighbors car was stolen last night and another was broken into!

Six you should have requested a loaner !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well at least your Kubota has company on it's long and lonely journey.... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, pull yourself together ... after all, you have been through a tornado and rebuilt.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six,
You probably qualify for government assistance.
You know, "tractor separation anxiety due to coronavirus." :D

I get a check for "corona constipation syndrome", cause I just don't give a chit. :D

As long as you stick coronavirus on it, there is probably some government money to be had.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:33 pm Hey Six,
You probably qualify for government assistance.
You know, "tractor separation anxiety due to coronavirus." :D

I get a check for "corona constipation syndrome", cause I just don't give a chit. :D

As long as you stick coronavirus on it, there is probably some government money to be had.
Ha! Your good! Please don't take me serious as I'm only joking about being emotional. I could give a chit. Three buddies are mine are tree surgeons and of those three, two are landscapers also. I could make a call and tell them to get over here and cut grass ....for money of course. :D ...those guys make good money....they told me my yard is $75-$100 every week and double that for the back two acres.

Speaking of landscapers remember the guy I told you about where we had the fanny burp tube in hunting camp? Well, he's a landscaper too, is 57 years old and will be dead in a month...chest and head full of cancer. He's a super guy but has issues with the bottle.

Just got back from voting...Paper ballot! When I walked up to the door they said I couldn't come in until I had a mask on so,I,went back out to the Jeep and got a paper towel and wrapped it around my head.

How's this for a perfect fit?! Blue tape holds on the screw for the bottom tang/stock bolt.

Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, another heading out.