WW-2 veteran cannot rest in peace yet....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

WW-2 veteran cannot rest in peace yet....

Post by AJMD429 »

Just venting, but I am SO frustrated with the "Indiana Death Registry System"....!!!!

EVERY time I try to log-in and fill out a death certificate, the system won't allow log-in due to some error, like "failure to retrieve security token" or whatever, and until I can log in and 'certify' the death, the funeral home cannot release the body, and the funeral or cremation is put on hold.

This is just a small part of the "electronic health records" system that illustrates how bad it is.

In the 'good old days' the funeral home would bring by a Death Certificate to the office for me to sign, and I'd review the chart, and make ACCURATE entries that showed the medical events contributing to or causing the death. They would pick up the certificate later that day or the next day.

Now, it is all 'electronic', so you log in to a horribly-designed, out-of-date style web-page, that is so awkwardly designed that you can't really enter anything accurate because it parses all the language, and it takes forever to enter factually-correct information, so you just figure "well, the patient is already dead now, so it doesn't really matter in terms of helping THEM, so at this point, the best I can do for the family is fill this stupid form out quickly and get it done..." So anyone doing "research" that involves going through Death Certificates will be getting VERY inaccurate 'data' and it will taint 'research' forever more. Thus, the 'motive' to go to 'electronic' death certificates in order to allow more uniform reporting and more accessible 'data' for researchers (likely going after government grants for 'public health' research) is just like most government programs - all for appearances but not much for reality.

Anyway, prayers up that this guy who passed away almost a week ago can EVENTUALLY have the respectful funeral he deserves. I've been emailing and calling for 'support' on the IDRS all week to no avail - the last contact they just told me to "try FireFox"....are you KIDDING me....???? Your idiotic website can't work with Internet Explorer OR Chrome (I've tried both, from both a Windows computer and a Mac computer), and you want me to have to contact my system administrator and have him install a third browser, go through all the HIPAA compliance stuff to make it legal, and so on, just because your website looks and functions like one from the 1970's...????

If I had the courage of this fine WW-2 veteran patient of mine, I'd take a day off work and go down to wherever this website is administered, and use words to let them know how ridiculous this is (I have sent them scathing emails though). Problem is, these days, you can't object to anything the government does wrong or they go after you in some kind of revenge. Maybe this poor veteran fought in vain to protect 'freedom'.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: WW-2 veteran cannot rest in peace yet....

Post by Rusty »

Gov't sucks! and we can't fire them.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Reminds me of one of our frustrations at work. Every year we each have to take a computer security training and pass a test for our biggest customer. The training and test are on the web. Oh and the website with the test is written such that every time I have tried to take the test with my personal machine rather than my work machine I can't figure out how to turn my personal laptops security down low enough to take the test. So I wind up having to use my work desktop. You know the one with access to the data that this exercise is about securing. The question of whether or not taking the test should constitute failing the test has come up at work!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:44 pm Anyway, prayers up that this guy who passed away almost a week ago can EVENTUALLY have the respectful funeral he deserves.
Amen to that!

Thank you for your efforts! Maybe call the Governor's or State Rep's offices -- and have all the family members call too -- and force some action!?! :!:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH