One for the good guys - CCW thwarts a mass shooter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

One for the good guys - CCW thwarts a mass shooter

Post by Streetstar »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/good-s ... spartandhp

Glad to see we finally get a little bit of press ----
----- Doug
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: One for the good guys - CCW thwarts a mass shooter

Post by claybob86 »

Hooray for the good guy!
Have you hugged your rifle today?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Tony Katz (radio talk show guy) said (paraphrasing as I remember it from the drive in today) that "Instead of vilifying the Concealed Carriers among us, as 'potential criminals', we should instead be celebrating their presence, as individuals who are willing to risk their own lives to benefit society, by training and carrying handguns. Police do this professionally, but there are not enough of them to be there whenever something bad happens - besides the Concealed Carriers aren't even being paid to do this...!"

I do find it irritating that some of my LibTard friends regard CCW'ers as somehow 'fringe' and some sort of semi-dangerous element that society puts up with because we probably don't cause much harm...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 1:14 pm Tony Katz (radio talk show guy) said (paraphrasing as I remember it from the drive in today) that "Instead of vilifying the Concealed Carriers among us, as 'potential criminals', we should instead be celebrating their presence, as individuals who are willing to risk their own lives to benefit society, by training and carrying handguns. Police do this professionally, but there are not enough of them to be there whenever something bad happens - besides the Concealed Carriers aren't even being paid to do this...!"

I do find it irritating that some of my LibTard friends regard CCW'ers as somehow 'fringe' and some sort of semi-dangerous element that society puts up with because we probably don't cause much harm...
Had one friend become an ex because she thought my firearm was going to point itself at her and pull the trigger. So totally afraid of firearms are some that even the sight of one causes them to run away in panic. This is what the media has done. Taken a everyday tool and turned it into an evil thing with a mind of its own.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I love a story with a happy ending!

Just wish the scumbag had been taken out before he killed his first, and thankfully only, victim...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Texas is pretty good about gun laws. Even in a Sports Bar, the signs at the front door tell you if you can carry or not. A red 51% sign means no carrying because 51% or more of all the income there is from alcohol. A 30.06 or 30.07 sign in the regulated size and color and at the regulated height means that the business owner does not want you to carry. No sign means you can carry. It is the owner or operator's responsibility to post the proper sign. Failure to post the sign at the right height or size will invalidate all but the alcoholic beverage sales sign.

I kind of avoid those places which don't trust gun owners. I don't go to bars, so the amount of alcohol sold isn't an issue. It makes it safer in my opinion to have good people with guns where you never know who has one until it is needed. The incident which this thread is about is proof of my theory.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I'm fringe... :O
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Many liberals and antigunners feel that CCW holders are vigilantes just waiting for a chance to shoot someone. In most cases they have no idea who or how many have a CCW because they never use them, or misuse them.
In many states drinking while carrying concealed is as illegal as drinking and driving. So if a business selling alcohol doesn't want you in there drinking, I sure understand it from the drinking aspect. But if you're in there eating, and abstaining from drinking, it's baloney.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/