Suppressors

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Suppressors

Post by Richardx »

I am posting a link that will let you contact your legislators in DC regarding repealing the anti-suppressor laws now in place.

If interested go here, please:

http://americansuppressorassociation.co ... QifQ%3D%3D

Thanks,
RichardX
Ysabel Kid

Re: Suppressors

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm going to contact all three of my congress-critters!
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I hope they get rid of the "tax" stamp garbage. But I keep hearing the Republicans keep dragging their feet about keeping any of their campaign promises.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

hondo1892 wrote:I hope they get rid of the "tax" stamp garbage. But I keep hearing the Republicans keep dragging their feet about keeping any of their campaign promises.
That is why WE "the people" need to all write them incessantly, weekly, and hold their feet to the fire.

It isn't that hard, really - just get the addresses of the legislaturds for within your state and at the federal level. There should be four senators and two representatives total. If you have a different 'work' address you may be able to snag another couple representatives (one state one federal). Add in your governor for good measure, and you've got a total of nine addresses tops.

Then pick an issue EVERY WEEK, and just type something up about it, and send a copy to each of the addresses.

If 80 million gun owners did that every week, instead of sitting on their hands until there is a 'crisis' then trying to call or fax at the last minute (trying to un-do legislation passed by panicked legislaturds is way harder than preventing it in the first place), we wouldn't have all these stupid anti-gun laws.

Do it. It's easy. I've been writing at least once a month to the nine addresses for my area for many years. I'm stepping it up to weekly now, because I think for once it actually may be able to change things for the better.

Nobody will do it for us - we have to take the responsibility upon ourselves to defend freedom.
Hope, Ehart, Williams, & Walsh of the band [b]Kansas[/b] wrote:

• Can I tell you something?
    Got to tell you one thing.
    If you expect the freedom
    That you say is yours,
    Prove that you deserve it.
    Help us to preserve it,
    Or being free will just be
    Words and nothing more.
[/i]
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I believe it will happen and fairly soon, so much so that last night I paid my LGS for a silencerco hybrid. They are having a sale where if you get a receipt for the can and apply for the rebate you get a 200$ store credit from silencerco. My class three guy is paid in full and he doesbnot mind holding the can a couple months. If the law changes, walk in and get.my can. If not, by June first then fill in paperwork. I was at the Outdoorsman show Iin Harrisburg earlier this month and three separate well known vendors suggested buying early. They all said the same thing when it changes you will not be able to get one, as estimates run as high as 20 million expected sales, and there are half a million in stock in the entire country.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Done!
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Yes

Unless you drive a Tesla (and even if you do, I bet you have a couple other cars/trucks laying around as well) - or similar vehicle, ---- Rest assured that the large 2-5000 lb thing sitting in your driveway/garage/carport etc -- has a silencer, and without which , the sound would be very annoying

Even my vintage big block Chevy equipped machine becomes extremely irritating to take on the highway for a long , droning cruise (occasional quick bursts of hooliganism are fun, but offset by the noise everywhere else )

My cars need mufflers, it would be nice to have one on my frequently used guns too --- the big ol 300 Mag I shoot twice a year if that? -- Muffs are fine for that , but the .22's , .223's and pistols that comprise 90% of my shooting, a can would be nice
----- Doug
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

OSHA requires that even a jackhammer has to have a muffler.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

Ahem. You can still contact your U.S. Senators and Representatives at 202-225-3121. 24/7

For a twenty-second phone call - Why not be as big a PITA to them, as they are to you? :?: :?: 8) :!: :!: :wink:
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein