Decisions...decisions..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
aussie
Levergunner 2.0

Decisions...decisions..

Post by aussie »

I am after a bit of advice. I am going hunting for a couple of days after deer and pigs. I can take only one rifle. This is my quandry. Which one? The choices are 30/30, 44mag or 45 Colt. What do you think?
aussie.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

You would be fine with all three. The 30-30 is probably the flattest shooter in the bunch.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

20cows wrote:You would be fine with all three. The 30-30 is probably the flattest shooter in the bunch.
Gotta agree. If you're confident w/any or all, I'd take the .44 or .45 if ranges were going to be ~125 or less. I'd stick w/the .30WCF if shots further out were likely. Good luck, welcome and please share pics of your success.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
aussie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by aussie »

All three carbines shoot well. The area I will be hunting will be fairly scrubby. Doubt that there will be a shot over 80 yards.
aussie.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Lay all three on your bed, close your eyes & pick the one you touch first. :wink:
I hate these kinda decisions myself & often bring several guns to a hunt because I cant choose.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

aussie wrote:All three carbines shoot well. The area I will be hunting will be fairly scrubby. Doubt that there will be a shot over 80 yards.
aussie.
I'd be tempted to take the 45 Colt. 'Cause it's more gun than a 44 Mag and I've already killed deer with a 30-30. 8)
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'd take the .30-30 myself.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

.44 Mag, especially if it is in a Trapper.....second .30-30 because morally it was the first, third the 45LC.....Then after some more thought, maybe the other way around.....naw, just take the .30-30!