Great Time To Live......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Great Time To Live......

Post by .45colt »

I have worn glasses for about 50 years. My vision had become steadily worse and last year the Eye Dr. said it's time to do something about the cataracts. Had My second surgery Wednesday now I can see distance better than 20/20. I can see the sights on My firearms again. just need readers for up close work. I shudder to think about what I would have faced even 40 years ago. What a Life changing Thing. Thank You Lord. can't wait to shoot some targets again.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Great Time To Live......

Post by Tycer »

:D
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Good for you, and I agree! :D

I got the same thing done a few months ago and have very much enjoyed not having to wear eyeglasses all the time. Best of all, as a metallic silhouette shooter using iron sights, I can now see distinct targets out there instead of just a blurry spot to aim at! :D

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

When my Grandfather had the surgery in the early '50s, he was in a hospital bed for three days with his head held in place with heavy bags.....
I'm looking forward to my switch out.....It will be grand not to screw with glasses anymore.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ragnor
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Ragnor »

Very happy for you! Have fun shooting !
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

.45colt wrote:
it's time to do something about the cataracts.

Had My second surgery Wednesday now I can see distance better than 20/20.

just need readers for up close work.

I can see the sights on My firearms again.

+1 - I had the lenses of both my eyes replaced (2 weeks apart) about 3 years ago (because of cataracts).

My eyeglass Rx for bifocals went walkabout, with me now needing only a mild reading glass Rx (I get new glasses every year, free, from the VA).

I can still easily read most print w/o glasses, but DO need them for very fine print, light/faded printing, or reading in less than ideal (bright) lighting.

What truly amazed me, however, occurred only after BOTH eyes were done - The COLORS of just about everything changed for the better/brighter (Houses that I though to be painted an Ivory/light- yellow color, were actually a bright/Arctic white color !

My WAG is that, besides the cataracts, my eye lenses had yellowed as a result of my 20 year (so far) bout with diabetes.

Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

I'm off to the eye place in a couple weeks. Last trip there they wanted me to do the bifocal thing , I didn't, just got the new distance rx in my glass photo-greys that I've worn since a teenager and take them off to see up close :roll:
Will see if they find any cataracts , if not I plan on asking about the lasik surgery.
Phil