Magazines and Mag pouch

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Magazines and Mag pouch

Post by RustyJr »

I recently picked up a knew AR and have scoped it. I'm want to get some factory new 20 round magazines for it and was wondering if anyone had a brand that they have had good luck with. I have had good luck with PMAGS (30 round) but was thinking of going with steel/metal mags for the 20 rounders. Also does someone make a mag pouch for the 20 rounders? All I have seen so far are for the 30 rounders.

Thanks,
RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
rgates
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Magazines and Mag pouch

Post by rgates »

C-Products, New Britain, CT. Stainless steel with black coating. Works great in new Ruger AR-556. Plenty of GI 20-round mag pouches and probably others.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

The Colt 20's have always worked very well.

Brownells makes some alloy 20's but I have no experience with them nor heard no reports on them.

Dont know about mag carriers for 20's. The old GI ones seem to have dried up some time ago.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The GI 20s have been out of production for 40 years.

The PMag 20s work well. Haven't tried any other aftermarket ones as I have no use for them (my two 20's are for hunting).

Your best bet on mag pouches for 20 rounders will be the Kydex types like Blade-Tech and others make. Or take a 30 round pouch and put something in the bottom of it so they stick up a bit more. Or get them custom made (Extreme Gear Labs, HSGI, etc).
rgates
Levergunner 1.0

Post by rgates »

Probably misspoke earlier about GI pouches. I have several, thought they are still available at gunshows and such. Did an internet search and found several companies making 20-round sized pouches. You should be able to find a style that suits you. Here are just a couple:

ProTech Double Short M4 Magazine Pouch @ http://www.copquest.com/protech-double- ... 9-1426.htm

Brownells lists a pouch that holds 3 20-round magazines.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

MrMurphy wrote:The GI 20s have been out of production for 40 years...
I dont know if the Colt 20's are included in your GI thought, but I believe they are still making them.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

When the 30's were scarce during the last panic, the 20's were easy to find.

I picked up a few, and I could use a mag pouch or two.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by H_Talon »

I like these ,, they work with my 30 rd pmags, 20 and 30 rd GI mags, and my 308 pmags

they work with most everything ..

http://www.highspeedgear.com/pouches.html
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Gunny's Surplus http://www.gunnyssurplus.com/m16-mag-pou.html has some of the old 20rd GI pouches left in stock.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I think leverguns own 7.62 precision carries these items. Shoot him a pm, he's a great guy, a Vet, and "in house." :D
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

RustyJr wrote:I recently picked up a knew AR and have scoped it. I'm want to get some factory new 20 round magazines for it and was wondering if anyone had a brand that they have had good luck with. I have had good luck with PMAGS (30 round) but was thinking of going with steel/metal mags for the 20 rounders. Also does someone make a mag pouch for the 20 rounders? All I have seen so far are for the 30 rounders.

Thanks,
RustyJr

https://acecase.com/mag-pouches/

try here. I have used their 30 round pouches & was happy with them
Merle from PA
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I like PMags. Cost a bit more that some of the junk out there, but they are worth it.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

E-Lander mags are tops.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Arminius
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Arminius »

NHMTG 20ers are tops!

Else:

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifl ... 50638.aspx

IIRC Masen makes an all metal follower for those 20 rounders.

Hermann