Scored

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Scored

Post by walks with gun »

I stopped at the local recycling and scrap dealer today and picked up 27 pounds of pretty pure very soft lead for $25. My flintlocks will be happy. I figure I should get around 1,000 roundball in 45,50 and 54 cal.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Scored

Post by Griff »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Good for you. I have melted and formed all my lead into balls for my .54 and 16 bore flintlocks. I have a half of a 5 gallon bucket of each. Excellent deal. I would be tempted on a deal like that. A few deals like that and we could stay to catch up with Sixgun, the lead Midas of the forum.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I picked up 80 pounds a couple weeks ago along with a bottom pour Lee and a 40 cal mould for a hundred bucks. Table fare for upcoming Gun Show in August at Chico. It is looking like any time U see Lead - grab it.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I never in my lifetime would have thought reloading could be such a pain in the rear. A couple years ago I searched all over the country for primers, Now I'm bothering every gunshop in the state for pistol powder,and trying to keep a good supply good lead. Lucky for me though I'm such a danged good shot I never have to practice anymore, Critters just drop dead away at the sight of my shooting irons.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

walks with gun wrote:I stopped at the local recycling and scrap dealer today and picked up 27 pounds of pretty pure very soft lead for $25. My flintlocks will be happy. I figure I should get around 1,000 roundball in 45,50 and 54 cal.
Pretty good haul... a little less than Spot price.

FWIW, look to friends in Roofing and Tire Shops for (near) Pure. Beer is cheaper than Cash.

Roof Flashing is almost pure pb and most Stick On wheel weights are near pure (unlike the mixed bag of "good", Steel, and Zinc weights you get with Clip-Ons...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

walks with gun wrote:I stopped at the local recycling and scrap dealer today and picked up 27 pounds of pretty pure very soft lead for $25. My flintlocks will be happy. I figure I should get around 1,000 roundball in 45,50 and 54 cal.
Great score! :mrgreen:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Nice buy, especially for today. :)

My best bud is a retired lineman from Ma Bell, but for quite a few years he saved all the lead casings he removed from various/sundry splicings he work on for some 20 years.

He ended up with 950-odd pounds of pure lead scrap, which we converted into ingots. :roll:

Even though we share the lead, there's still a good 500lbs left between us - enough to last until our Dirt Nap ( we both retired 10 & 15 years ago).

walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

pete44ru can we be best friends too. Heck I might be up for adoption.