B Kitteridge rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

B Kitteridge rifle

Post by pwl44m »

Anybody ever hear of one of these ? It is another one of the Guns that I went to look at today. And of course I forgot My camera (I know shame on Me). He had some Guns that I had not seen before and this Kitteridge being one of them. I could barely make out the lettering and only after looking online did I come up with Kitteridge. It has very small lettering and most of that is illegible. I don't know if it is a cartridge Gun or a Rear stuffer. I say that because it has a lever on top of the breach with what looks like a ramrod on a muzzle loader pistol. It has a Percussion nipple on the right side. Anyhow that is the best I can do for now.
Thx for Ur Ear - more to come.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: B Kitteridge rifle

Post by gamekeeper »

The only snippit of info I can find is in the Shooters Bible, collectors guide.
It lists a B. Kittredge & co. Cincinnati.
They were agents for Sharps rifles and they bought the entire stock of Sharps pistols after Sharp death in 1874.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: B Kitteridge rifle

Post by pwl44m »

It appears from what I can dig up that Kitteridge had Their hands in several manufacturers including Frank Wesson. I have not been able to dig up a picture of the Rifle that I saw. It seems that They were a wholesaler mostly. I see quite a few Handguns by Them but no rifles. I saw one picture of a Frank Wesson rifle that had been stamped over with B Kitteridge.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif