Colt Officers ACP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Colt Officers ACP

Post by pwl44m »

Did a little trading yesterday and ended up with this Colt, a Beretta tip up 22 and some cash. Sold the 22 and kept the cash and Colt. Now U know I needed another 45 and One caint have too many. The Guy that I got this one from brought out a very nice Two Tone Combat Government with Stag Grips that just pops Ur Eyes out. It is lettered as a custom Job special order and the Stags are listed. The frame is Nickel and the slide is Blue. The frame has a serious flaw, It has the Idiot scratch trailing all the way to the trigger opening. I could trade into it but I really don't want to part with what He wants but that's anther story. Heres a couple pics of the Colt I got yesterday.
Perry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
1988rrc
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Colt Officers ACP

Post by 1988rrc »

nice!!!!!!!!!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm glad you're happy with it. :)

I, however, have control issues with a barrel shorter than 4" in a 1911 - and so, like a Commander best (and a LWC much more). . 8)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Very nice.
I carried an Officers ACP for several years. It had a fair amount of custom work and was a great shooting pistol. I wasn't crazy about the short grip and switched to a LW Commander about fifteen years ago. I've carried all three sizes and they all have their merits.
The recoil spring plunger is a bit different with the Officers. A spare may not be a bad idea as I had one break after a few thousand rounds. Otherwise, it never missed a hitch and I wish I'd kept it. The guy I got it from was a friend and HAD to have it back.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The Officer's model seems to jam my hand too far up the grip safety... I thought I might like them, but found they just didn't like me! I'm with Pete, nothin' like a Commander... but... that's a NICE looking Officer's mdl. Congrats!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I don't have any experience with the Officers ACP's, but had a Detonics Combat Master many years ago. I liked it quite a lot, but concealed carry wasn't legal where I lived, so I eventually fell to the "practical" consideration and let it go in a trade. I do miss it. It ran very well, despite the generally accepted premise that the very short 1911's don't run as well as the full size guns.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Griff: I had the same experience with the Officer's Model. Just never felt as good in my hand as the "full-sized" M1911A1 and the targets reflected it. Shot it for about a year thinking that it would grow on me, but it finally went to a new home.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Quote - "A spare may not be a bad idea as I had one break after a few thousand rounds" ! O.W.
I'm good. lol It was one of those trades where "hey I like that" and the cash was nice. I needed another 308 upper and this trade did the trick. If it hadn't been a Colt I would not have made the trade. I had a Combat Commander a few years ago and it is at the top of the list of a very few that I wish I hadn't sold. Money wise I think I did all right but there is still that little corner of Ur mind saying why did U let one go.
Cheers Guys and thx for the comments.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The 'double-stack' Officer-sized 1911's feel MUCH better in the hand, and are much easier for me to shoot well (I have long but skinny hands). Holding 12 rounds is just the icing on the cake. 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

That is a beauty, congrats!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I owned a stainless Officers Model at one time, I remember it functioned well and was plenty accurate. I should not of let it go. However a 70s built Colt Lightweight Commander seemed to follow me home yesterday.