Concord NH Gun Show today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Concord NH Gun Show today

Post by WinM71 »

A very busy show today, I got there about 8:40 for the 9:00 opening & was about 150 people back in the line. By 9:00, it was four times as long. Pretty good show, a lot of decent vintage .348 ammo for a change. I picked up a minty Remington "dogbone" Kleanbore box of 200 grain (marked $35, he took $30) and a very nice Winchester standing bear box of 250 gr Silvertips (marked $125, got it for $115). Also two fresh boxes of the current Winchester "silver box" 200 gr. for $30 each, I have about 15 boxes but I just couldn't leave them there at $30 per. I just missed a mint box of Peters for $25, a guy had just picked it up as I got to the table & he took it. There was a mint box of Remington .33 WCF for $55, probably $50 would have taken it. Didn't find any M71s to look at, but still a good show.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

For a change, I decided to go later in the day. A little more elbow room then, but also a serious case of flat pocket syndrome. A dealer friend said he sold half of his goods in the first 3 hours & may not set-up today (Sunday) with the Nor'easter coming. I saw one M71 Deluxe that looked pretty decent (to my un-educated eyes) for $3100. Made me long for my old one I sold in the early 80's for $400. Saw bags of 348 brass for $33. Saw a few reasonably priced Win M92's, didn't study them too close because of my lack of funds. 3 or 4 nice special order 86's with matching price tags ($$$$$). Had 2 dealers look at my 1898 Win 32-40 for whats it worth, one said $900, another said $1100 to 1200. Obsolete or odd ammo does seem to be climbing steeply in price. Chris
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

The only gun that really caught my eye was an 1886 .45-70 takedown carbine, it was marked $13,500 so out of my league by about a factor of ten. The dealer who had the .348 brass I bought two bags from at the last Concord show, they were marked $22 and they took $20 each at the time. There was a guy up front with three or four boxes of vintage .348, pretty beat and each lacking a couple rounds, he wanted $18 per I think but I left them there. I missed the nice 71 deluxe, must not have been paying enough attention. I got in about 9:10 and was done within an hour.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.