1886 Winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

1886 Winchester

Post by jd45 »

Hello to all! While picking up a newly purchased Marlin 336 yesterday, I spotted in the shop an 1886 the owner was selling on consignment. It was brought in along with 17 other firearms acquired at an estate sale. It is chambered in .45-70, has the 20" or 22" round barrel; the short magazine; aperture rear & bead front sight setup; straight-grip buttstock. The bluing's changed to a patina. Asking price I'm told is $2500, if anyone's interested. Be aware though, it's got some extra woodwork done on both the buttstock as well as the forearm in the way of some triangular designs on each end of the factory checkering. It's at a shop called Suburban Sporting Goods at 2306 W. North Avenue in Melrose Park, a NW Chicago suburb. The phone # is 708-344-0008. I'm afraid I didn't look at the bore, but I could go back if someone wants. BTW, they're not open today. jd45