93 Marlin and gear

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
93marshooter
Levergunner 2.0

93 Marlin and gear

Post by 93marshooter »

I posted this on the Marlin sight, but thought the lever gunners here might enjoy the photos of my 93 and load gear. The gear consist of Lyman ideal tools; 310 hand press, 30-30 dies, full length sizer, bullet mold, led pot, dipper, and gas checks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Re: 93 Marlin and gear

Post by bsaride »

Ya making me wanna take out my 93
All my go-alongs and ammo is burried in storage.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
93marshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 93marshooter »

As much as I am able I wanted to have period tools and gear for the 93. The load tools came on ebay a couple of weeks ago. The hand tool is the old iron tool specific to "25-35" but will do 30-30 as they have the same base. I also got a tang sight for the rifle. Not exactly the right one but it does fits tight with one screw. I am sure the setup is not totally perfect, but is close.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

very nice 93 Marlin...like the pics too... :)
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Awesome
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
QCI Winchesters
Levergunner 2.0

Post by QCI Winchesters »

93marshooter wrote:As much as I am able I wanted to have period tools and gear for the 93. The load tools came on ebay a couple of weeks ago. The hand tool is the old iron tool specific to "25-35" but will do 30-30 as they have the same base. I also got a tang sight for the rifle. Not exactly the right one but it does fits tight with one screw. I am sure the setup is not totally perfect, but is close.
Your tang sight looks like it is on backwards? :?: What kind of tool did you get? It may be useless for the .30-30, the old tools usually have a neck resizer, so it will try to make your .30-30 into .25-35. If it doesn't work, you will have no alternative but to buy a .25-35 so you can use the tool! :D
When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!
93marshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 93marshooter »

The 310 is printed 25-35, but that has the same base brass as 30-30. The loading dies are 30-30 and fit the hand tool. The old time steel tools fit one caliber.

The Marble is a M36. I thought it would fit the 93, but it did only put far back on the tang which makes it better as I can grip the rifle in front of the sight. The other advantage is that the bolt does not touch the tang sight like a center mounted sight
Last edited by 93marshooter on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QCI Winchesters
Levergunner 2.0

93marshooter wrote:The 310 is printed 25-35, but that has the same base brass as 30-30. The loading dies are 30-30 and fit the hand tool. The old time steel tools fit one caliber, but a 30-06 tool will handle any round with that base. FYI.
The Marble is a M36. I thought it would fit the 93, but it did only put far back on the tang which makes it better as I can grip the rifle in front of the sight. The other advantage is that the bolt does not touch the tang sight like a center mounted sight.
Oh, okay, the old 310 tool. I was thinking along the lines of the Winchester tools that were calibre specific.
93marshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 93marshooter »

This is first time I've used a lyman ideal loader. I'll post more in the reloading section later. Wrong sight but I like the way it fits.
QCI Winchesters
Levergunner 2.0

If you can find one, the Winchester 1894 loading tool is great. It resizes the case and seats the bullet in one step, and does not require all the separate dies and priming chamber that the 310 uses. They are always missing the depriming pin, but a small punch works just as well. I have a 310 with several die sets, but I mostly use my Winchester tools.
93marshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 93marshooter »

Thanks, I'll be looking for the Winchester tool.
QCI Winchesters
Levergunner 2.0

http://www.antiquearmsinc.com/wincheste ... ol-box.htm Don't need a new one, though, if it is going to be used... :)
93marshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 93marshooter »

That is in good shape, I saw one on ebay for $99. It will have to wait. Marlin, and ideal had some sort of corporate ties or combined ownership at one time.