Albany, OR gunshow and a NIB Browning 348 carbine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Albany, OR gunshow and a NIB Browning 348 carbine

Post by pharmseller »

I'll probably be at the Albany gunshow this weekend (Sunday) trying to find a new home for my NIB Browning model 71 carbine. I'm thinking $900.
Any opinions? Priced correctly?

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That's the price at which Cubrock listed his rifle. I think it is fair for an NIB Browning 71.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

I agree. Based on the prices I've seen, that is a fair price.

Wish you were in NC. I'd love to handle a carbine to see if it would scratch my .348 itch. A buddy who has one says they kick like mules, though. :D
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Since I have never handled a Browning 71 I'm curious to know if they have the long tang or same as the 1886. If so, I may order a stock from MGW.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

The Brownings are copies of the later model Winchesters. They are all the short tang version.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

i will buy the 348 carbine for 900.00 right now. E mail me back with some address info, and the amount of the shipping etc. Bruce werner werneroil@carrollsweb.com 785/823-6806
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Email sent with my phone number. Disregard the part about face to face, as I see you're not in Oregon anymore.
I'm new to the firearm shipping game, so I'll contact my FFL holder who receives for me. He'll probably handle the shipping for me. I'll let you know about cost, but he'll need a copy of the receiver's FFL.

Thanks
Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

brucew44guns wrote:i will buy the 348 carbine for 900.00 right now. E mail me back with some address info, and the amount of the shipping etc. Bruce werner werneroil@carrollsweb.com 785/823-6806
Har! Well, I guess that pretty much settles the question as to the pricing!

Congratulations, brucew44guns! :P
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva