WTB - 6½" Blackhawk Holster and .38 Spec/.357 Mag die s

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

WTB - 6½" Blackhawk Holster and .38 Spec/.357 Mag die s

Post by Scott64A »

I would like to find a holster for a Ruger Blackhawk with a 6.5 inch barrel, and possibly a set of reloading dies for either .357mag or the .38SPL.

Anyone have any of these laying around and want to sell them?
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

I purchased an excellent holster from Mernickle Custom Holster last year.

Fits my Ruger Buckeye perfectly.

Wore it elk hunting. It was very comfortable--even during the several pack trips up the mountain with elk on my back.

I wear it while driving, boating, pretty much everywhere my legs and machines will take me, and it holds my revolver securely--no worry about it falling out.

Just sitting here, I think the model number was PS6-SA REF8, but if you need me to be certain, I can see if I can find my receipt.

The folks at Mernickle are good people, caring and professional.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ps/ps6sar8.html

The price is worth it.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Ruger is selling a very nice holster, made by Triple-K, for $35.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I've always carried my Rugers(SA'sand DA) in Uncle Mike's sidekick holsters("Cordura" or Nylon material). They have always served me well, are extremely cheap and very little wear to the finish of the revolvers. I got my last one for Midwayusa.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nothing spare lying around that I can sell, but if you are looking for dies, I highly recommend the Lee Precision carbide set (with factory crimp die - a 4 die set) at Midway USA. They sell them cheaper than you can buy them direct from Lee! :D
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Thanks all,
I found an Uncle Mike's Sidekick for $15.99 as well as 50 rounds of SJSP for $17.99 at a little muffler repair/gun shop on the ride home today. (I know, a wierd combination, but hey, his prices were ok,)
I also stopped at a local indoor range/gun shop and got a boresnake and a broze cleaning brush to get those hard to reach places. This place has all kinds of nce weapons, but the prices are a little inflated. For example, the exact same gun I have now in .357 was tagged at $425.00. It was slightly newer, (1982,).

And yes, I have seen those die sets at Midway, and that's a nice price. I'll be going to a gun show toward the end of Sept. with a friend, and I'll look there before getting one. Also, at $18/50 rounds, I don't know that it would save me any money to reload for this gun. Though, it would be fun to try different loads...

Thanks for the info and all you guys bring to the table!
-Scott
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Don't forget to buy a .38/.357 Lee Classic Loader set.. The best Less than $20 NIB you can spend.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Lots of flexibility with reloading the .38/.357 round, so unless you tend to shoot the expensive stuff, you're doing it for the fun & flexibility, not the money!