OT- time to head south

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

OT- time to head south

Post by jnyork »

Here in Wyoming, our local hardware store had their annual sidewalk sale on snowblowers a few days ago, which means it's time for us to head south!! We will be offline for about 3 weeks as we slowly meander down to sunny Yuma Arizona for the winter months.

Post by JReed »

I also will be in Yuma area next month but it wont be for pleasure :( . I would say I would like to meet up with you but I will be living under cammie net on some god forsaken hill in the middel of the desert. Got to love field Ops :wink: .
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

That Ace or Valley Lumber?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Gamble's.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

jnyork,

Ahh yes, you're snow bird. One of them critters we Arizona drivers had a love hate relationship with. Loved your money, but hated your motor homes and driving.

During the alleged gas shortages we were known to resent your use of our 4 wheeling and exploring gas.

THAT part of being an Arizona resident, I DO NOT miss.

Enjoy your trip and take care.

Joe
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

jnyork wrote:Gamble's.
Sigh. Old home week...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I know what you mean, j miller, but we have been going to Arizona for so long I now drive like a native, 30 mph over the speed limit, tailgating 2 feet behind, honking my horn at every opportunity, never but NEVER signalling a lane change or a turn, waving a one-finger salute at anyone with an out of state plate, etc, etc. No more Mr. Nice Guy for me!! :wink:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I know what you mean, j miller, but we have been going to Arizona for so long I now drive like a native, 30 mph over the speed limit, tailgating 2 feet behind, honking my horn at every opportunity, never but NEVER signalling a lane change or a turn, waving a one-finger salute at anyone with an out of state plate, etc, etc. No more Mr. Nice Guy for me!! Wink
ABSOLUTELY!! That's the way to do it. The only way they'll know you're a snow bird is your license plate.
Hey, smear some mud on it and nobody will notice. :wink:

Joe
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

You guys are in the wrong part of Az. :D
njyork, go east on 8 about 70 miles and you'l find quail an yotes by the hundreds. Good way to spend a day off.
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

When I moved from MI to NC 12 years ago the first thing out of my neighbor's mouth when I told him the news wasn't "I'll miss you" or "you were a good neighbor", but "I WANT TO BUY YOUR SNOWBLOWER!".

I do NOT miss living up north!!!
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

Heck, I wish we'd get some snow here in north Louisiana this winter. Our last semi-decent snow was 1983. I'm an avid hunter, and I've never hunted in snow. It's been 50 years or more since we've had enough snow to build a snowman.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Junior wrote:Heck, I wish we'd get some snow here in north Louisiana this winter. Our last semi-decent snow was 1983. I'm an avid hunter, and I've never hunted in snow. It's been 50 years or more since we've had enough snow to build a snowman.
Be careful what you wish for Junior :wink:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Ysabel Kid wrote:When I moved from MI to NC 12 years ago the first thing out of my neighbor's mouth when I told him the news wasn't "I'll miss you" or "you were a good neighbor", but "I WANT TO BUY YOUR SNOWBLOWER!".

Hey, I have a snow blower. Of course I MIGHT use it twice a winter but in 15-6 years we've had it I've only used it 8 or 9 times. The thing is that I do some 500 foot of sidewalk and 100 foot of driveway.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

Junior wrote:Heck, I wish we'd get some snow here in north Louisiana this winter. Our last semi-decent snow was 1983. I'm an avid hunter, and I've never hunted in snow. It's been 50 years or more since we've had enough snow to build a snowman.
I agree Junior. When it snows here, all of us Southerners get to go out in the woods and try our hand and tracking a deer like we read about doing in Field & Stream!
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hobie wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:When I moved from MI to NC 12 years ago the first thing out of my neighbor's mouth when I told him the news wasn't "I'll miss you" or "you were a good neighbor", but "I WANT TO BUY YOUR SNOWBLOWER!".

Hey, I have a snow blower. Of course I MIGHT use it twice a winter but in 15-6 years we've had it I've only used it 8 or 9 times. The thing is that I do some 500 foot of sidewalk and 100 foot of driveway.
You don't need a snow blower. Sounds like you need a good quality ATV and an adjustable blade.

Can't take a snowblower hunting now can you... :wink:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

jnyork and Saloonslug,my oldest daughter and her husband, a retired marine live in Yuma,she has been there about 25 years and is a levergun shooter.She has a Hartford 92 .45 and a .45 sixgun too.They do alot of shooting and hunting around there.

Jerry
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
Some day, when I retire, I'm gonna put a snowplow on the front of my pickupand drive south. When the first person points and asks "What is that thing on your truck?", I'm gonna stop and retire right there!

Paul
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Heck, around here a snowblower is used around here like a push lawn mower. It is just used for trim'n the enterays, the plow is used on the main drive and walks, Jeez it'd take so long to snowblow the drive it'd be filled up again by the time I got to the other side.

What the heck went wrong??? when I type to correct it eats the next letter too! I was try'n to write enterance ways up afew sentences.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Time Hunter wrote:Heck, around here a snowblower is used around here like a push lawn mower. It is just used for trim'n the enterays, the plow is used on the main drive and walks, Jeez it'd take so long to snowblow the drive it'd be filled up again by the time I got to the other side.

What the heck went wrong??? when I type to correct it eats the next letter too! I was try'n to write enterance ways up afew sentences.
I think they must speak a different language up there!!! :wink: