OT- Bad News for a Soldier

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Bad News for a Soldier

Post by 20cows »

My nephew, who is on a two week leave here in the states, just got word that one of his best squad buddies was killed by a sniper.

The last thing he'll do before returning to Iraq is attend the funeral.
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Bad News

Post by canonsix »

A sad way to end a leave please know that all of the fine young people serving in the sand box are in our prayers Doug
a armed man is his own master
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

My Nephew let us know on Easter, that his Hummer was hit by fire, and his gunner was knocked unconscious, but luckily recovered.
I don't know, but I think that it is time to quit using our soldiers as targets, and either win or get out.
Seems to me like I was saying this 40ys ago about Viet Nam.

God Bless All of our Soldiers serving. American, British, and Australian.

Eric
God Bless Our Troops!!!
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

Please let him know from just a regular guy in Nebraska that the loss of his buddy means a lot to me! That what these young men and women are doing does not go unnoticed. I care about them and what happens to them. My buddies died for nothing in Beirut 23 years ago, and there isn't a day in my life that I don't think about them. I pray to God every day for these young men and women, and I pray that we finish this job. I'm sorry that they have to pay for the failure of my generation to finish the job the terrorist started in 1983. It wasn't for lack on the part of the grunt, but a Gov that didn't have the back bone to do what needed to be done, but I fear this Gov is heading in the same direction. I fear that my 6 year old son will have to fight a fight that should have been fought by his old man, and for that I'm truely sorry. May god bless the Peacemakers. Please tell your Nephew for me that I'm sorry for his loss.

Alan
IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KIA 23 APR 2007, AGE 19,MUQUDADIYAH,IRAQ
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

20cows please let your nephew know that I feel his pain. I have lost one good friend and a couple of acquaintances in this war. It is the down side of the job we do :( . It is never easy knowing that there is an empty chair in the messhall.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis