Look what The Internet did to me! w/ pics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hanz
Levergunner

Look what The Internet did to me! w/ pics

Post by Hanz »

I think I read one too many posts about BP and 1874 Sharps rifles. :oops:

Meet my new Pedersoli Business Rifle:

It's a .45-70 with a 32" bbl. Now I'm shopping for a Soule sight and looking forward to learning how to load BP cartridges. It's going to be a lot of work but very rewarding if and when I can bring it all together. I haven't fired it yet and it's already under my skin. I can't put it down.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Nice looking gun! The case colors look like the genuine article too! Did you order this one new, or find a deal somewhere on this one? Sure looks like new!
Hanz
Levergunner

Post by Hanz »

I ordered it new from Dixie Gun Works in TN. I ordered it from them mid-Monday and they and UPS had it at my dealer on Friday. I was impressed with the speed.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_in ... e597d6a5d8

I'm pleased with this rifle. The fit and finish is better than many, if not all, of the new guns I've ever bought. The set triggers are great. The case colors do look good and really come out when they are slightly wet but I was afraid of glare from the flash so I dried the metal off.

I'm glad I didn't write it off because I can't afford a Shiloh. My itch, for now, has been thoroughly scratched.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Nice looking rifle!
Hanz
Levergunner

Post by Hanz »

Thanks guys. It's pretty plain looking but I like the "working gun" look. If all goes well with the load development and the jerk behind the trigger I may take it hunting. That would be neat.