Almost Lost a Good Friend

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Almost Lost a Good Friend

Post by Bigahh »

During Deer Season 2 weeks ago I spent a day walking from Dawn till Dark. Upon arrival at the truck at Dark I noticed my Case Slab Side Hunter Knife was not in the sheath on my belt ! I was sick, we have been together for more than 10 years. Went for a walk today to chase Grouse. Did not find any Birds, but I did find my Knife on a rock slide. I had to sit down, and slide down slowly. It was Laying right on a Big Rock ! I am an Extremely happy Camper :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobie

Re: Almost Lost a Good Friend

Post by Hobie »

:!: :D :!:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Awesome. nice looking knife. glad you found it.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Strange.

I lost one almost just like that last hunting season because my son put it on his belt without asking me and then.....he hung it on a tree and could not remember where. This past thanksgiving we found it still hanging on the tree. Some of the metal is turned but it will polish up nicely.
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Sure glad you found it! I lost a beautiful red-bone handled Case Stockman made between 1965-70 about 10 years ago, and still miss that knife!

On a more positive note, my dad was training in the jungle in Hawaii during WW2, and noticed
his Case XX half-whittler wasn't in his pocket. He decided he'd walk back 100 yards to look for it, and if he didn't find it, it was gone for good. Well, he did find it in the middle of the trail,
and when he got back to garrison, he "retired" that knife rather than risk losing it again.
As a result, he still has it today, almost 70 years later, and it's still shaving-sharp! :D

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I'll thank You not to start with headings like that, My Heart sunk,Thank God it was only a Knife albeit a nice one. I'll bet each of Us has a similar story.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
1894c

Post by 1894c »

that's great--i am so glad you found yours--i lost an old friend while hunting that my brother gave me a long time ago--still miss it--ever since then i use a leather boot-lace for extra insurance--lately I just carry a a folding knife in my pocket... :)
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

:D
Old Law Dawg
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Whew.....I thought a person had bought the farm as well. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

:) :) :)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.