Picked up a Belgian auto5 magnum pics added

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Picked up a Belgian auto5 magnum pics added

Post by iceman »

Since picking up a Remington model 11 in 16 ga I'm starting to like this action type. On a local site there was a Browning Auto 5 magnum that looked pretty good. I went to look at it this evening, metal 85 to 90% wood the same or better. No cracks in forearm choke opened to modified 28"vent rib. The fellow wanted $400 asked him his best price and he said $375. I said sold. I have looked on the Browning site re dom but can't seem to figure out what they say and my serial #. My # is 6v 941xx. Anybody have info on dom. Pictures will follow once my camera batteries recharge.

After seeing Pitchy"s pics of his new Auto 5 I remembered I didn't add my pic of my new Auto 5 magnum. As an added bonus I included my Model 11 sportsman in 16 ga I picked up last spring. (model 11 on the right) The Auto 5 has a length of pull of only 13 1/4" while the model 11 is 14" They both seem to fit and shoot ok though. I may try a slip on pad to see if the extra length makes any difference. These shotguns are almost as adictive as leverguns. I'm keeping my eyes open now for a 20 ga.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by iceman on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Picked up a Belgian auto5 magnum

Post by 2ndovc »

Great guns!!

Older cousin of mine had an early Belgian Auto 5 with a long (28" barrel i think).
Had so many rounds through it that it was pretty worn out.

He'd get a round off at a rabbit, didn't miss often but if he did I'd step off to the side
and whack it with my Model 12!

When my cousin Johnny passed I tried to buy his old, worn Auto 5 but his worthless
kids had already sold it off ( for far less than I'd have given for it).
:shock:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Iceman with a V in the ser# between 76 and 97 thats when they started using letters instead of numbers for year of manufacture. prior to 76 the only letters used was H & L or G & M and it wasnt for DOM but to tell if it was heavy or lite weight. danny
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

According to this site - https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/ ... ialize.pdf, it is a 1966 model. Look on page #2.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: Picked up a Belgian auto5 magnum pics added

Post by iceman »

I edited my original post by adding the picture and info, but the post stayed on page 3 so I thought I would bring it back up.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.