OT?-GB bidders

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

OT?-GB bidders

Post by Mike D. »

After perusing the list of 1886s, and other Winchesters, on the GunBroker site I see that most dealers are still on a fishing trip and have had no biters. I wonder how many months this stale bait will dangle until they get tired of zero responses? Of course, some of these dummies will continue to relist their monstrously overpriced hardware for years to come. They're simply too stupid to allow reality to stand in the way of a pipe dream. :roll:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT?-GB bidders

Post by buckeyeshooter »

maybe they are just waiting for that one person with money and no idea of what the gun is worth?
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

just like everywhere, gotta hunt the deals. :wink:

and i like your new title. :mrgreen:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Like any seller, depends on if they want a home run or will settle for a base hit. Some get the idea they have THE BEST or ONLY gun to have, and if you want it, you gonna step up, othewise it is a show piece. Others wanna try to make a hit to the moon, but if nobody bids, will relist ready to turn em and burn em, and ain't afraid to deal. If ya like a piece, bookmark it and keep watching.....
Certified gun nut
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I'd contact them directly and make a reasonable offer on anything I'm interested in.

They can take it or leave it. That's business.

Re-adjust their expectation.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

I am also noting some who seem to be going for the one time big hit. They keep relisting expecting different results from their same listing (prices). I am also seeing quite a few who seem to enjoy keeping their reserve prices a big secret, as though it can somehow bring them an enormous advantage. I helped out a local gun shop a few years back, by doing their internet listings. They had not been too successful, but they were not playing any games. The first thing I told the shop owner was - your listings are honest in description, but you need to let potential buyers know what you want. We started putting a Buy It Now price on everything. Sales went crazy, to the point I was spending way more time boxing and shipping than I ever intended. I am watching some right now where the starting price is apparently no where near what the seller really wants. They have bidders, at good prices, but the reserve has not been met.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I think a lot of them figure that if Leroy Merz can put prices like that, on his stuff, their stuff must be worth that much too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

pokey wrote:and i like your new title.
Wow and a "Rock Star" is born. :D
Old Law Dawg
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

The price the sellers have on gunbroker are their business... but if they have it on there for more than 4 times, they should have to either quit listing the item or lower their prices... My opinion. ... It gets really STUPID to see stuff relisted month after month with nobody having any brains to figure out it isn't selling for their overly inflated fictitious bloated prices.
There are a few sellers on GB that will list their stuff at reasonable prices that the common guy can afford -(sometimes not so affordable when figuring in shipping and FFL transfers and taxes etc.)- And its fun watching their listings and if the item is worth big bucks, they will sometimes get more for their item than those sellers with them high inflated reserves.
It has gotten to where I do not even look at any listing that has reserves on them.
The other peeve of mine is the guns that are listed and they turn out to be nonfiring replicas and in the desription it says it in two little words. Those guns should be listed in the fake or toy catagory only. :lol:
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I'm in the "I'd really like to have an '86, someday" catagory, so I went to GB and looked at them. At those prices I'd have to wait for my big lottery win, or find someone that knows about '86s and can find one for about 1/2 of those prices.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

Gentlemen,
This post is meaningless. No one specified modern, Winchester, Browning, Italian, or original antique. I have bought & sold over 25 times on GB. You are right that several weeks without a reserve being met, the auction needs to be adjusted. However prices are going up. Look at the prices Davidson's gets for a Japchester, and evan worse what is asked for the Italian Junk.The prices are high because people want them. Most of them sell quickley
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Paul Jenkins wrote:Gentlemen, this post is meaningless. No one specified modern, Winchester, Browning, Italian, or original antique. I have bought & sold over 25 times on GB. You are right that several weeks without a reserve being met, the auction needs to be adjusted. However prices are going up. Look at the prices Davidson's gets for a Japchester, and evan worse what is asked for the Italian Junk.The prices are high because people want them. Most of them sell quickley
Yep. The 'free market' will allow those with 'reasonable' prices to sell quickly, and those with unrealistically high ones to have to wait for the buyer with lots of money and a sense of urgency. It all works out in the end.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

It is indeed a bit silly, but a simple mouse click solves the problem.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright