OT Working?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

OT Working?

Post by TedH »

Am I the only one working today? There is nothing to do, and I'm wondering why we're here at all. Just wondering..........and wishing I wasn't here.
NRA Life Member
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Working?

Post by pwl44m »

NO ! My Wife is working today. lol
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

My wife is working today too, she works on the check out of a supermarket. She might be busy today. :D
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Well, I'm "at" work, does that count? :lol:

We got to roll in late and will be headed out of here in the next hour or so. About the only "useful" thing I've accomplished is to get about half of the 2011 rules and regs typed up for our stores to follow when they send me stuff to fix.

Of course they'll promptly choose to ignore it and then cry to the next level of managers when I don't fix it (and they have fair warning as to what is and isn't acceptable). :lol:

I'm lucky though in that the two guys above me (plus the owner/company President) will back me. :twisted:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

I go in this evening to fly a 4 day trip. Had Christmas for my 2 1/2 year old son last Saterday. Looked down yesterday at those snow covered roads in Montana, Idaho, Nevada, and hoped everyone on the roads was safe, especially the members of this forum who travel those snowy highway's.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I only had an hour of work this morning. No work for me until Moday afternoon :)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It's the first Christmas Eve I've not had to work (well, I guess if you're self-employed, you don't really 'have to' work, but sometimes it isn't a good idea NOT to...) in 20 years or so.

....and I LIKE just sitting at home this morning, contemplating the deer-butchering and firewood to haul up to the house this afternoon.

Hope you all have a good Christmas, or whatever other holidays you may celebrate.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I gotta deliver 40K lbs of cheese to Denver Sunday at 0400. Rather be in the snow, and home with my GF. Least its s'posed to be 51 or so Denver
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Heck, I haven't worked for about the last 40 years, or so......................... but, it was only 7 years ago that I got my Uncle Sam to pay me for it ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You have my condolences - it rots, not being able to be with family & friends on Christmas Eve & Christmas.

I see the retail stores love the almighty dollar, but I'm sure most of the slaves, er - employees, would rather be at home right now, too.

Well - I hope you have a Merry Christmas, anyway.

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

NO, you most certainly are not the only one working today though I'm am fortunate to be off for a few.
samb wrote:I go in this evening to fly a 4 day trip. Had Christmas for my 2 1/2 year old son last Saterday. Looked down yesterday at those snow covered roads in Montana, Idaho, Nevada, and hoped everyone on the roads was safe, especially the members of this forum who travel those snowy highway's.
Hang in there Sam! It's been many years since I've not had the seniority to get Christmas and other holidays off, but I remember missing ALL of them for years when my kids were young. My heart goes out to you and all of those working over the holidays, but especially those flying the friendly skies because I know how tough it is to spend those nights in a distant hotel. (My heart goes out to our deployed and working military men and women as well!)

GOD'S BLESSINGS TO ALL!!

Merry Christmas,
Oly
Last edited by olyinaz on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Yep in the control room keeping the lights lit till 3 then I'm off for the rest of the year. :wink:
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Just want to thank y'all for keeping the American economy going today!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My wife and I just got in from delivering Christmas fruit baskets for the market that owns the pizza joint she works for. Then she turned around and headed out to deliver pizza.

So no, you're not the only one working.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

A rare day off for me. The Boss kicked us out early yesterday, had a chance to stop and
pick up a couple last minute gifts. Still got home early enough to bust kid #2 home alone with his
little girlfriend. :o
I think it was a lot funnier than his mother does!! :D

Will be a Christmas to be remembered for sure.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I spent way too many years working nights, weekends, and holidays. Now I work for me, and I decide when and when not to work. Best darned decision I ever made.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

I've been "working" since 9am yesterday. I'm not being very proactive for the SO today yet but then there's plenty of weekend left for that. I'll be on call till Monday at about 8am then head to my other job at 9am. My next full day off starts the 7th of January at 8am(maybe).
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

no ...not working in the office today....
but worked my butt off in the yard today....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Well, I don't have to work, so I didn't. I did for a lot of years, even taking duty so that married soldiers could go home to "momma". However, having been there done that I really appreciate all those that are working or will work over the holidays (today to Jan 2). I don't care what you do, you make life for the rest of us possible (in some cases) and more convenient and comfortable. Thank you.

BTW, how many of you remember when NOTHING was open on Christmas day, NOTHING? It seems like it has been a long, long time.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

nope, not today.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Nope, not today, but only because Christmas is on a Saturday, when Christmas falls on a weekday, we work until 5pm on Christmas Eve.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I hate to use that kind of language but I did go for a 360 mile ride and deliver 22 tons of groceries. Had a nice time listening to the radio as well.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Yes,
I remember when nothing was open on Christmas.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Mostly not working myself. I do have to run a program this weekend on one of the computers at work that will take 12 hours though. Probably time to remote in and start it that way if it fails I will be able to pickup the pieces Sunday and not work Christmas day. Barring support calls that is.
Alan Wood