OT-1911 type in .22 LR

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

OT-1911 type in .22 LR

Post by Bigahh »

Was watching one of the Hunting Channels last night, and they were testing the Bran New Browning 1911 Clone in .22lr It worked Flawless. Going to be released early 2011 of course in 2 sizes. The guy was really hammering a Pop can size target at 50 yards with the mini sized Pistol! Looked interesting enough to make me want one!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-1911 type in .22 LR

Post by awp101 »

I think it's a rebadged Chiappa.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Wasn't much impressed with the Chiappa. I didn't buy one of those. I recently bought one of the GSG 1911 22s. Unfortunately haven't had it out much but it's fed everything so far and I like it so far. The colt branded clone I think is made by Umarex USA. There is another downsized (2/3? size) 1911 copy coming out in 22 but I don't remember the maker.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Kimber makes a dandy.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

I have one of the old KART bullseye kits on a WWII Ithaca frame. It takes Colt Ace mags, and with a good mag is scary accurate. The KART kits are highly sought after by competition shooters though, and can get a little pricey WHEN you find one, but are well worth the money.

Here's one on a Vega frame, though is overpriced.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/992740608/Gu ... a_Fram.htm

Ed
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I've one of the GSGs. It's a nice shooter but not as accurate as my Ruger Target. Frankly, a Ruger of any sort would be a better bet but there's just something about a 1911 in .22!

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

jnyork wrote:Kimber makes a dandy.
Ditto. I looked at the Kimber kit to fit my 45 but decided on the full 22 pistol. It is extremely accurate and reliable with the right ammo. I did buy it to practice in volume in prep for the 45 but there are large differences. The pistol is very light, almost too light. And there is no hold open on the last shot so speed reload practice doesn 't translate very well. Even so it is a great 1911` 22.
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

I've got the Kimber kit for mine and with Federal Auto Match it shoots as good as I've ever been able to shoot a pistol.

Byron
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I have a GSG-5, and simply love it. When I get a 1911-type pistol in .22 LR, it will be a GSG. :D