Marble’s Game Getter Gun.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Marble’s Game Getter Gun.

Post by cshold »

Any of you have one of these :?:
Very pricey, but would make for a very cool tree rat gun. 8)

http://www.marblearms.com/gamegetter.html

http://www.marblearms.com/thirdGeneration.html
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Marble’s Game Getter Gun.

Post by Sixgun »

Cas,
I played with a few originals but never owned one. Some years back a buddy stopped over with a short barreled one that was like new and I told him to hi-tail it out--Its an NFA gun.----------Sixgun
Model A Uzi’s
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Sixgun, I could be wrong, but IIRC the original gamegetters of all barrel lengths were exempted out of NFA a few years back.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Buffboy wrote:Sixgun, I could be wrong, but IIRC the original gamegetters of all barrel lengths were exempted out of NFA a few years back.
Maybe so, but this was in the eighties, a good 25 years ago when the ATF loved to make examples out of white guys with jobs--they still do :wink: :D ----------Me
Model A Uzi’s
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

While I think the Gamegetters are SUPER cool, I think I'll spend the money and get 5 or 6 Savage 24's in 22/410.............. :lol:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

This new one has an 18.5" barrel so should be no legal issues.
I'm thinking the price tag is a little over the top on this as well. :roll:
But my "I want one" button sure did get pushed in real hard. :wink:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I hope they bring out a more affordable model, then I might be interested.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

game keeper wrote:I hope they bring out a more affordable model, then I might be interested.

I'm thinking at least half that price is do to the Turnbull involvement.

Bloomfield N.Y. – Doug Turnbull Restoration has been selected to partner with Marble Arms in the manufacture of its third generation Game Getter gun, more than 100 years after the original Game Getter made its debut. Marble Arms will officially unveil the firearm at the 2010 SHOT Show in Las Vegas Nev. on January 19, 2010.
Doug Turnbull Restoration will assemble and finish the third generation Game Getter guns with the historical charcoal bluing of the original Game Getter rifle that was introduced in 1909.

The third generation Game Getter will be very similar in appearance to the original model, with18-1/2” barrels (.22 cal on top and .410 gauge on the bottom). It will have a folding sporting rear sight with windage adjustment similar to our current #95 rear sight, with modern peep tang sight with windage adjustment, and the original barrel band-beaded front sight. Additionally, the gun will be accompanied by a replica leather shoulder holster and shipped in a slide-top pine wood box just like the original.

“The Game Getter plays a significant role in the history of our company, and having Turnbull’s expertise in vintage firearms will greatly enhance the manufacture of this rifle,” said Craig Lauerman, president, Marble Arms. “Turnbull’s attention to detail, craftsmanship and process consistency will ensure that .the third generation Game Getter will have the authenticity of our hundred year-old original gun.”

Marble Arms will also be manufacturing replacement parts for the 1908 and 1921 models, and Doug Turnbull Restoration will have parts available as well as the ability to repair or replace barrels and other components (including old peep sights) of the first and second generation Game Getter guns.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wow - that sure is a beaut! :mrgreen:
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I wonder if it's considered a concealable (handgun) vs. non-concealeable (long gun).

That would make a big difference in California, the rules for carrying and transporting are different plus you'd have to keep it locked up. Not to mention if an LEO didn't know how to classify it and arrested you anyway.

The barrel's long enough but the overall length might not be.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

would love to have one, but can't justify it for $2000.
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

El Chivo wrote:I wonder if it's considered a concealable (handgun) vs. non-concealeable (long gun).

That would make a big difference in California, the rules for carrying and transporting are different plus you'd have to keep it locked up. Not to mention if an LEO didn't know how to classify it and arrested you anyway.

The barrel's long enough but the overall length might not be.
I imagine CA would require the stock to be fixed anyway. :(
Merry Christmas,
Mark :mrgreen:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

After some thought, there is one thing that might make me sell something to get that. I looked at the website and I see the calibers are .22 and .410---------kinda blah..........icky pooh......too common

Now, a .22 over a 44-40, 38-40 or a 32-20 would make my brain perk up a bit. :mrgreen: ------------Sixgun
Model A Uzi’s
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

If they made it in .44-40 I could shoot these up! :?
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Sixgun wrote:After some thought, there is one thing that might make me sell something to get that. I looked at the website and I see the calibers are .22 and .410---------kinda blah..........icky pooh......too common

Now, a .22 over a 44-40, 38-40 or a 32-20 would make my brain perk up a bit. :mrgreen: ------------Sixgun
Six, not so sure the state we live in would allow the combinations you mention legal for small game.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

I have to disagree with most. I think the thing is just butt ugly. And $1,995 for a single-shot??
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Chas. wrote:I have to disagree with most. I think the thing is just butt ugly. And $1,995 for a single-shot??
What Chas, :?: :?:
heck I didn’t think anyone in this forum ever needed more than one shot :P

I agree, not one of the glamour girl’s but very cool looking in it’s own way.
I have a feeling this will be one of those “what was I thinking, :roll: should have
Picked one up 25 yrs. ago. look what there bringing now” :o :shock: situations.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:If they made it in .44-40 I could shoot these up! :?
Chuck thanks for posting the pictures, very cool looking old ammo. 8)
Interesting to see all the variations for versatility in old factory made ammo.
Made for the “has to do it all, meat on the table, ONE gun owner” :wink:

Another example
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =206764067