off topic. 9 lives?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

off topic. 9 lives?

Post by pokey »

so, today i went to a gun show. no joy.
went to the feed store, loaded up.
went to pick the wife up, ok.
stopped at the small store in town w/gas pump to fill a gas can.
went in paid, came out pumped fuel.
got in the truck to leave, and a couple in another truck pulls up in front of us and waves to roll the window down.
the fella says, did you know a kitten is sitting on your front tire? i thought he was kidding me. nope.
he said they saw it limp across the lot, and jump up there. so i looked and there sat the most miserable looking
gray kitten you ever saw, now it was 40 degrees with a stiff east wind, and the cat was wet from nose to half way
to it's butt. smelled like gas, not responsive, half dead. did some one try to kill it? who knows. it would have surely
been squashed if that couple had not stopped me from pulling out. if the wife had not been in the car, i might have
put it out of it's misery right there, if it had picked a different direction to run i'm certain it would be a gonner now.
as it is, it is recovering in the bathroom,at home, after a rinse and a drink. the dogs think a squeeky toy was just what
they asked santa for. we will see....
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: off topic. 9 lives?

Post by kimwcook »

Hope it makes it. By the sounds of it it's traveled a hard enough road already.
Old Law Dawg
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Good for you. I'm sure your kind act of mercy will be rewarded!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Yesterday U were killing Cats and Today U r rescuing them. Not U in particular Pokey- The Forum. I would have done the same thing. I can always use another Cat. Hope It makes it.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I hope the little feller makes out OK. Seems mighty smart to pick you and your warm hearted wife.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Nice of you to take in a stray. On a similar cat line...

My grandfather once had a stray tomcat that took up residence in his detached garage. It liked to sleep on the trunk of the 67 Buick Electra 225. One day he's tuning the car up, and decided to take it for a test run (430 engine). The cat was still asleep as he backed out of the garage...still asleep as turned around in the drive...just starting to stretch as he pulled onto the highway...at 80+ MPH the cat crawled up the side of the car (the '67 Electra had wide dished door panels), and got onto the hood...pressed itself up against the windshield and huddled there. When he turned around several miles down the country blacktop at a dirt road..he picked the cat up (he said it didn't move but was kinda in shock), and dropped it off the side of the road...he figured it was a stray anyway. It showed back up several days later, but found another place to sleep. :lol:

Ed
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Couple years ago now, I spied a really thin kitten trying to freeze to death here in town. Was sort of tame, looked like it had taken a ride in an engine compartment as it was a bit battered. I couldn't get it to come up to me but I sent the wife on that mission. She was successful in bringing the little gal into the house. She is THE. MOUSE. HUNTING. GODDESS. I named it Underfoot as it seemed pretty fitting at the time. We had her fixed and she has grown to about 12 pounds. Sleeps beside me on the bed. The only cat we have the dogs WON'T mess with for good reason.

I hope things work out for your foundling as well.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Your a stand up guy. I got 2 rules. I dont dont kill anything in the spring, (they made thru the winter, they deserve too enjoy the warm weather and luvin') and and I dont kill sumthin' thats had a rougher start in life than me! I'd done the same thing you did. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I woulda sat it on the curb and went on home.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

pokey,

You gotta a pic of the little critter yet? I applaud your kindness.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ranger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Ranger »

You did well sir. That little cat will be a great buddy to you and yours. Extending kindness to another little critter usually pays off in a fine pet for you or someone who will adopt them.
My wife and I assist in animal rescue and there are 9 cats at my little ranch. Some even get adopted. If not....I don't mind. They fit in with the one-eyed horse and the swiss bull calf that was left for dead by a dairy rancher nearby...

Again, you are a true gentleman and your wife deserves a salute as well. Thank you both..

Wade
Aim low boys! They're riddin' shetlands!
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Friend of mine had two kitties named Dallas and Austin, since they were found in the engine compartment on trips to those cities. They were adopted and had healthy well fed lives through their following 8 and the kids loved them.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Your a good man Pokey.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Good for you. We are dog people, but I would have had a hard time turning the little guy away too.
NRA Life Member
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

J Miller wrote:pokey,

You gotta a pic of the little critter yet?
cat.jpg
much happier now.

adopted by the family of one of the scouts in my sons boy scout troop.

as a christmas present, i think.

our dogs would have made for a very short and intense life for it here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Blue siamese?

I think it will grow up to be a very good looking cat.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

JReed wrote:Your a good man Pokey.
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................