OT - my new "China Doll"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

OT - my new "China Doll"

Post by O.S.O.K. »

A while back, I sold a gun on gunbroker and so had some cash... and I saw a classified on another board for a "Nornico 320 Uzi package" - a Norinco 320 Uzi and a bunch of mags and accessories. I ended up trading an AK and some cash to get this. It came with a thumbhole stock - to be legal as it was 100% imported parts and couldn't have the "evil" pistol grip feature... So, I decided to get the needed US-made parts and make her 922r compliant so that I could lose the thumbhole stock and go with the proper pistol grip. This is a 9x19 chambered carbine and accepts imported 32 round mags - legally.

Here is the end result: (shown with a 25 round mag)

The QD butstock is pinned in such a way that you must remove the stock screws to allow the pin to drop and release the mounting plate to move. The carbine is too short by a couple inches to be able to have a true quick-detach stock on it. The folder is fine though as they are measured in the open state. The PG and hand guards are from Uzi Grips and the operating rod, sear and firing pin assembly are all from D&D - great service all the way around from both suppliers.

I also decided to go with a Title II fake can - very nice piece! I am impressed with how well it fit to the gun - perfect. And it makes her look much better than with the long skinny barrel).

I did have to do some surgery on the sear and I also shortened the operating rod to match the origninal (though, I don't know if I really had to...). The sear was sticking on the safety catch at the front and allowing the firing pin assembly to ride forward with the bolt instead of remaining cocked! Not good, but removing the offending material on the sear that was binding against the safety plate did the trick... took me a while to figure that one out! I also staked the bottom of the grip safety rod to raise it up a bit as it was worn at the front and not really securing the sear axis pin as well as I would like. She works like a clock now - at least with manual manipulations... I will be taking it to the range tomorrow to give it a spin.

I must admit - I enjoyed the whole process. I am an itinerate tinkerer and WECSOG'ser, and this gave me plenty of challenge. Took me three days of messing around, looking at it, sleeping on it and examining again to solve the riddle of what was out of whack and causing the malfunction.

These typically shoot 6" groups at 100 yards - but can do much better - some report 2" groups at that distance, but this is a defensive type firearm intended mostly for close-in work, so this is very good accuracy for such a piece.

You guys can obviously see from this and other posts of mine that leverguns are just one of the types of firearms that I like and accumulate. Thought you might like to see it. And it is my duty as a board member to tease ya'll with stories and pics and maybe incite some new interest/purchase :D

Just returning the ongoing favor :lol:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!