Pedersoli Winchester 71 reproduction in .45-70?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Henry McCann
Levergunner 2.0

Pedersoli Winchester 71 reproduction in .45-70?

Post by Henry McCann »

These were supposed to be out this fall...has anyone seen or handled one? Price?

I have a Browning 71, in .348 of course, and thought a mate in .45-70 would be lots of fun.

Thanks, Brett
"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet; but have a plan on how to kill them." General Mattis
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Re: Pedersoli Winchester 71 reproduction in .45-70?

Post by Leverluver »

In a race with Merwin Hulbert to see who comes out last :roll:
Henry McCann
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Henry McCann »

Anyone? Thanks!
"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet; but have a plan on how to kill them." General Mattis
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Alot of Us are waiting for this one Henry :wink: .http://davide-pedersoli.com/img/Arms/S.740.jpg
Gary7
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Gary7 »

Any idea what the price on this is going to be? I'm guessing around $1500.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

My last post failed to translate, but I'm curious as to why there in only a single sling swivel attachment on the forend cap? Where's the rear attachment? I sent an email to Pedersoli asking that question and hope that they respond.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Henry McCann
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Henry McCann »

Thanks guys...I'm looking hard for a .45-70 and have given much thought to a Marlin 1895 22" barrel, or the 1895 Cowboy, but I really love the 71/86 action on my Browning 71, and I had a Winchester 71, that I sold to a good friend, that was a great rifle.

The Marlins are much less expensive, and I could be happy with one, but as I said a match to my 71 in .45-70 sure would be fun. By the time I bought a Browning 71 for $1000 and up and then rebarreled to .45-70, the cost would be north of the guessed $1500 for the Pedersoli.

I guess I'll keep saving my coin for the Pedersoli, unless I run across a Marlin at a price I just can't pass up.