Early Rossi 92 rear sight replacement options

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Early Rossi 92 rear sight replacement options

Post by gak »

Rather than hi-jack someone else's similar (but different) 92 sight question on the board now: I've had similar questions regarding improving upon the regular (rear) sight on my early (Interarms) Rossi 92s...and would like to install semi or full buckhorns. Problem is these have non-standard/ oversize metric (measuring out to about .390?) dovetails. And as most folks know, Marbles doesn't make the Rossi size any more.

Nate (Steve) or others -- any progress on what to do about that? Welding on a new upper to the base (stepped) unit? Anything? I'd also like to explore a true original SRC type ladder sight to try on at least one of them. Original Win sights are an arm and a leg (and there's still the dovetail issue)--anyone know if the Chiappa/Armi Sport (Cimarron/ Taylors) 92 carbine ladders will work (even if having to still figure out the dovetail issue?). I've also got more recent year EMFs and their buckhorns are fine - so I'm leaving alone - again unless I decide to try a ladder on one of them...and I think these EMFs are standard 3/8 (.375) dovetails, so that conversion would be easy enough.