OT - New Ruger Sixshooter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

OT - New Ruger Sixshooter

Post by Griff »

Check out Ruger's new almost clone of the Colt 1872 Open Top.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That is so funny.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

OK, I'm kinda puter ignorant. How does someone go in and photo shop pics in an active add and still keep the links active to the unaltered factory site.

That's weird to me.
Those guns look like a display of KABOOMS.

Joe
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Was kinda neat. I suspect that he'd been planning that little April Fool's joke for a while. I mean, you don't just up and create a website in a day... or is it really that simple and folks have been getting ripped off for lots of money by it seeming more complicated that it is?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Number one, save the source code to your computer. Number two, rename the file. Number three, alter the photos and save, then alter the document as needed. You'll note that in his all the links are to the Ruger site, he needed to create only one page, this one, and alter only the applicable text and photos. You'll note that the URL is for his, not Ruger's address. Number 4, upload to your server and number 5, advertise. Quite a bit of mischief can be achieved with such a thing. This was in good fun and the most time was likely spent on the photoshopping, the rest could likely be done in no more than an hour a skilled person might take just a few minutes less photoshopping.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson