Search found 3049 matches

by COSteve
Sun May 24, 2020 1:45 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Nickel plated brass
Replies: 9
Views: 166

Re: Nickel plated brass

I have a couple hundred pieces of .357mag nickel plated brass that I use for my pistol only loads. As they are light loads and I also only bell the absolute minimum, I've not had any cracking issues. Some pieces have 6 reloads on them.
by COSteve
Sun May 24, 2020 11:14 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Nickel plated brass
Replies: 9
Views: 166

Re: Nickel plated brass

I've collected a little over 14,000 pieces of true once fired Speer nickel plated 40S&W from our range over the years as our guards use it exclusively to train with and leave their brass. :D I find that the cases clean up much better than brass and have a slicker finish due to the nickel plating. Th...
by COSteve
Sun May 24, 2020 10:45 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Another Great Day at the Range This Morning
Replies: 2
Views: 94

Re: Another Great Day at the Range This Morning

GunnyMack wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:23 pm
Sounds like a good day indeed! Always nice to know what Ammo does at distance. Keep it up and you are going to wear out your new Dillon! :D
I've got a feeling that my 750 will last a lot longer than I will. Heck, my 650 had 'only' 200,000 rds on it and it was barely broken in!
by COSteve
Sun May 24, 2020 10:43 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Like Dopers Need a Reason To Do More Pot . . . . .
Replies: 7
Views: 269

Re: Like Dopers Need a Reason To Do More Pot . . . . .

Not sure where you got your data, but data gathered from the state of Colorado itself does not support your statement. In this attached impact study done by MADD shows that while traffic deaths rose a bit over 30%, traffic deaths involving marijuana rose 151% at the same time! And from 2013 to 2017...
by COSteve
Sat May 23, 2020 4:47 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Another Great Day at the Range This Morning
Replies: 2
Views: 94

Another Great Day at the Range This Morning

I decided to take out my 2 Rossis and my 1911 for some quality levergun time as the sun was shining and it was warm today. I thought I'd run some serious number of rds of both my 125grn Unique powdered mid level plinkers and my 158grn Lil'Gun powdered mid level loads through both my 20" carbine and ...
by COSteve
Sat May 23, 2020 3:51 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Like Dopers Need a Reason To Do More Pot . . . . .
Replies: 7
Views: 269

Re: Like Dopers Need a Reason To Do More Pot . . . . .

It seems like everyone sitting in a position to want pot, or to get rich from pot is finding any excuse to endorse it. Politicians are fighting hard to get it legalized beyond state levels and make it federally accepted. They want the votes from potheads, and the tax dollars from pot sales. They ca...
by COSteve
Fri May 22, 2020 10:24 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Oh Heck Yes!! I Want One Of These!!
Replies: 14
Views: 437

Re: Oh Heck Yes!! I Want One Of These!!

Look guys, the cars of the future, in fact some today, are so computer controlled that drivers have been woken up after being stopped by police so idiots abound. As a former pilot, I'd love to have a VTOL flying car with a range of some 500 miles, especially with the computer controlled flying aides...
by COSteve
Fri May 22, 2020 8:56 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Like Dopers Need a Reason To Do More Pot . . . . .
Replies: 7
Views: 269

Like Dopers Need a Reason To Do More Pot . . . . .

NY Post is reporting that Canadian Scientists believe cannabis could help prevent and treat coronavirus. Looks like Pot strains high in CBD are effective.

Read it HERE
by COSteve
Thu May 21, 2020 11:52 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Oh Heck Yes!! I Want One Of These!!
Replies: 14
Views: 437

Oh Heck Yes!! I Want One Of These!!

Talk about "self driving" cars. Now this one would suit me just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHJTZ7k0BXU
by COSteve
Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Got Bored So I Made Some . . . .
Replies: 7
Views: 312

Re: Got Bored So I Made Some . . . .

I've heard you can strip the plating if you push plated bullets too fast. I assume you haven't had this issue? Internet myth. The way you screw up the plating is to over crimp and cut through it. You don't need velocity to peel it off, just cut plating. Velocity doesn't do it. I know for a fact, I'...
by COSteve
Mon May 18, 2020 12:11 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Got Bored So I Made Some . . . .
Replies: 7
Views: 312

Got Bored So I Made Some . . . .

Some plinking loads for my Rossis. It took me all of about 40 minutes to whip these out on my 750. That's 400 rds in that medium size keg. These are more of the recipe I tried out at our range in late April that I liked so well. I wrote about them then as, "The Unique loads were hands down the best ...
by COSteve
Sun May 17, 2020 2:27 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How did henry get so popular?
Replies: 31
Views: 701

Re: How did henry get so popular?

You all forgot THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Henrys are made in AMERICA. Winchesters are not. They are made in Japan. That's why it makes me laugh when people argue Winchester vs Rossi or Chiappa model 92s and/or Winchester vs Uberti in model 66s and 73s. You're talking Japchesters vs Brazchesters vs Wo...
by COSteve
Fri May 15, 2020 6:04 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Stainless steel tumblers
Replies: 12
Views: 282

Re: Stainless steel tumblers

Got a Franklin Tumbler and corn cob media when I first started but the tumbler only lasted about 60,000rds and the corn cob media didn't do that well unless I added cleaner. Got a Harbor Freight tumbler about 14 years ago and switched to lizard litter (crushed walnut). A 25lb bag from the pet store ...
by COSteve
Thu May 14, 2020 8:50 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Just Found Stage 1 of 'Screw China' For Their Lying
Replies: 6
Views: 274

Re: Just Found Stage 1 of 'Screw China' For Their Lying

Sorry guys, the $1.6 Trillion is the current amount including interest.
by COSteve
Thu May 14, 2020 4:53 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: A note on staying logged into the board...
Replies: 13
Views: 245

Re: A note on staying logged into the board...

Odd. I just checked my Bookmark for Leverguns.com and the link is listed as:

"www.levergunscommunity.org/viewforum.php?f=1"

With that, and with my logging in and checking to stay logged in, I come directly to this forum.
by COSteve
Thu May 14, 2020 4:46 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Just Found Stage 1 of 'Screw China' For Their Lying
Replies: 6
Views: 274

Re: Just Found Stage 1 of 'Screw China' For Their Lying

So, which Chinese gov't owes the debt, Communist China or Nationalist China ? The article states that because the Commies claim that Taiwan is a political state of China and the Commies took over the mainland from the Nationalist Chinese when they chased them out to Taiwan, then the Commies owe the...
by COSteve
Thu May 14, 2020 10:06 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Just Found Stage 1 of 'Screw China' For Their Lying
Replies: 6
Views: 274

Just Found Stage 1 of 'Screw China' For Their Lying

Looks like China owes the US $1.6 Trillion from a bond the Republic of China defaulted on in 1912!!! The bonds were issued by the Republic of China which ousted the imperial government in a coup as far back as 1912 and backed by gold; they were defaulted on in 1938. The ROC government fled to Taiwan...
by COSteve
Thu May 14, 2020 9:16 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Just For A Laugh . . .
Replies: 6
Views: 342

Re: Just For A Laugh . . .

1894c wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:15 am
COSteve -- you have a great Son...that shot glass is so cool... :)
And it didn't leak a drop. :)
by COSteve
Thu May 14, 2020 9:15 am
Forum: Politics
Topic: CV19 Vaccine
Replies: 42
Views: 845

Re: CV19 Vaccine

There is way more to this Covid 19 vaccine than preventing the virus. It has nothing to do with health issues and more to do with controlling and killing off the human population. If you don't believe that you are naive and (for the lack of a better word) brainwashed. Just pay attention to who is p...
by COSteve
Wed May 13, 2020 2:18 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Just For A Laugh . . .
Replies: 6
Views: 342

Re: Just For A Laugh . . .

Merle wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:19 pm
well, have you tested it yet? :lol:
Of course. We got together on Duo and toasted the day. :D
by COSteve
Wed May 13, 2020 2:16 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Questions on new forum look and Fillers
Replies: 5
Views: 304

Re: Questions on new forum look and Fillers

Blaine wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:08 am
I no longer can tell if I've commented on an old thread or not....I don't understand the twin circles with the little dicks on them... :P :lol:
I think that the little star at about 2 o'clock on the right circle means that you've responded in the thread.
by COSteve
Tue May 12, 2020 12:56 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New Look !!!
Replies: 65
Views: 1009

Re: New Look !!!

David wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:25 am
I patched the php code, I believe message delete works now.
Yep, I just tried it and it works fine. Good job.
by COSteve
Tue May 12, 2020 12:52 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Private Messages - Now I CAN Delete them...!
Replies: 21
Views: 409

Re: Can't delete Private Messages...

I just deleted a pm so it looks like David's got it fixed. Great job! Tell the boss you need a raise. :D :? :shock:
by COSteve
Tue May 12, 2020 6:33 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: We Feel Blessed To Live Where We Do
Replies: 16
Views: 330

Re: We Feel Blessed To Live Where We Do

I hear ya leverluver. I've lived here since 1980 and use to ride my motorcycle in the valley before there were any roads let alone houses. I also grew up in the SF bay area and the change since 1956 when I moved there from Missouri is staggering. Wherever you live is far different than it was back 4...
by COSteve
Mon May 11, 2020 6:21 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Just For A Laugh . . .
Replies: 6
Views: 342

Just For A Laugh . . .

My son saw this on Amazon about a week and a half ago and thought it was funny so he picked one up for me. It just arrived today. He looked the next day and they were sold out. Nice having a son that thinks of his dad and has a good sense of humor too. :D

Image
by COSteve
Mon May 11, 2020 5:15 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Ain`t it purdy
Replies: 19
Views: 445

Re: Ain`t it purdy

And just think, it was in the 80s today in Alaska!!!!!
by COSteve
Mon May 11, 2020 2:31 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New Look !!!
Replies: 65
Views: 1009

Re: New Look !!!

Is there a way to give options for the background, say a softer color or two? The white is very bright and it sort of glares with the smaller amount of other colors. A parchment or light blue might tone down the glare a bit. Just a suggestion.
by COSteve
Mon May 11, 2020 12:24 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update
Replies: 18
Views: 338

Re: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update

KWK wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 5:53 pm
The forum software appears different today, and I can again see the General Discussion link at the top of these pages.
Me too. Problem fixed. :D
by COSteve
Mon May 11, 2020 12:22 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: We Feel Blessed To Live Where We Do
Replies: 16
Views: 330

Re: We Feel Blessed To Live Where We Do

crs is correct in that there are areas in and around the Denver Metro Area where there is traffic. Griff would know about that 'traffic' thing too as there is a bit of it around Dallas/Ft Worth and also around Houston. However, as he also knows, there are huge areas of his state and Colorado where t...
by COSteve
Sun May 10, 2020 11:55 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: We Feel Blessed To Live Where We Do
Replies: 16
Views: 330

We Feel Blessed To Live Where We Do

I was talking to some friends of mine who live in New Jersey about how they were holding up and we got to talking about the restrictions and such that they’ve come to endure. It struck me that the impression of this forced separation is significantly different depending upon where you live, not just...
by COSteve
Fri May 08, 2020 10:48 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: S&W M&Ps
Replies: 14
Views: 311

Re: S&W M&Ps

I've also got a S&W M&P as well but it's a little different configuration from yours there . . . . . . . . :D :lol: It was a decent shooter out of the box but really suffered from a crappy mil type trigger so I dropped in a RRA NM 2-stage setup like I have in my RRA mid gas carbine and now it shoots...
by COSteve
Fri May 08, 2020 10:38 am
Forum: Politics
Topic: Why Hasn't the Senate Indicted Adam Schiff for Lying?
Replies: 9
Views: 367

Re: Why Hasn't the Senate Indicted Adam Schiff for Lying?

I have ZERO faith in our government or our justice system. ZERO. I honestly believe that NO ONE will EVER be prosecuted for the crimes committed against the People by way of the false indictments made against President Trump. It has been demonstrated multiple times in the recent past that there are...
by COSteve
Thu May 07, 2020 2:40 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Justice Department Dropps Case Against Flynn
Replies: 5
Views: 179

Justice Department Dropps Case Against Flynn

Yep, the lying FBI got their face slapped by the AG today when Justice dropped all charges against Flynn.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ju ... s-revealed
by COSteve
Thu May 07, 2020 12:59 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Why Hasn't the Senate Indicted Adam Schiff for Lying?
Replies: 9
Views: 367

Re: Why Hasn't the Senate Indicted Adam Schiff for Lying?

The Republican controlled Senate could indict him this afternoon.
by COSteve
Thu May 07, 2020 12:22 pm
Forum: Politics
Topic: Why Hasn't the Senate Indicted Adam Schiff for Lying?
Replies: 9
Views: 367

Why Hasn't the Senate Indicted Adam Schiff for Lying?

As his own committee found no evidence of collusion with the Russians by the Trump team, yet Adam Sh$* for Brains testified both in the US House and during the trial, to the US Senate that in fact his committee found overwhelming evidence that Trump's team did, why hasn't he been led away in chains ...
by COSteve
Wed May 06, 2020 11:10 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Had a Great Time at the Range.
Replies: 2
Views: 194

Had a Great Time at the Range.

Yesterday afternoon I packed my Uberti '66 Yellowboy carbine, '73 Special Sporting rifle and SAA Cattleman pistol, all in 45 Colt and headed to the range. I also had my Mini M14 and 1911 but they're pretty much standard equipment so the 'newness' was my 45 Colts which I haven't shot except to test a...
by COSteve
Wed May 06, 2020 10:44 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update
Replies: 18
Views: 338

Re: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update

No problem. I can live with the issue. I just thought that you'd want to know about it, that's all.
by COSteve
Wed May 06, 2020 3:31 am
Forum: Politics
Topic: General Flynn Was Set Up and Here's the Proof!
Replies: 10
Views: 332

Re: General Flynn Was Set Up and Here's the Proof!

The problem with all this is that it happened long enough ago that the people who were paying attention have mostly forgotten about it and most people weren't even paying much attention anyway. So what happens now is the Democrats and other low-information voters all just roll their eyes and say "....
by COSteve
Tue May 05, 2020 2:07 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update
Replies: 18
Views: 338

Re: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update

Old Savage wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:31 pm
The site has differences from my computer to my phone in what is available.
This issue is on my home computer and started after the recent update. I've never had an issue with this site before this update.
by COSteve
Tue May 05, 2020 11:50 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update
Replies: 18
Views: 338

Re: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update

I just cleared my cookie for the site and re-logged in. Same problem.
by COSteve
Tue May 05, 2020 10:48 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update
Replies: 18
Views: 338

Re: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update

FWIW, I'm using FireFox 76.0 (64bit). I also logged out and relogged in and still the same.
by COSteve
Tue May 05, 2020 10:34 am
Forum: Politics
Topic: General Flynn Was Set Up and Here's the Proof!
Replies: 10
Views: 332

Re: General Flynn Was Set Up and Here's the Proof!

sadly no one will ever face punishment for it. I disagree. I think that the secnario will go like this. When Trump wins the election for his second term Barr of Justice will return criminal conspiracy indictments against a whole slew of FBI officials and hopefully Pukelosi, Shift, and Little Gerry ...
by COSteve
Tue May 05, 2020 10:27 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update
Replies: 18
Views: 338

Re: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update

Yep. If you post a reply to a thread, at the top under 'Quick links' there is just "Paco Kelly's Leverguns.com < Leverguns Community index < <". Clicking on either arrow does nothing so to return to the list of General Discussion threads you have to click on "Leverguns Community index" and then sele...
by COSteve
Tue May 05, 2020 10:21 am
Forum: Politics
Topic: General Flynn Was Set Up and Here's the Proof!
Replies: 10
Views: 332

General Flynn Was Set Up and Here's the Proof!

Flynn Lawyers Seize on Newly Released F.B.I. Documents As reported by that bastion of the Liberal Left, the New York Times, show that the FBI lied to the judge on the existence exculpatory evidence (evidence that demonstrates that their case against Flynn had no basis) multiple times. https://www.ny...
by COSteve
Tue May 05, 2020 9:40 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Keystone mini mosin
Replies: 12
Views: 442

Re: Keystone mini mosin

Only downside I see is that it's a single shot. :(
by COSteve
Tue May 05, 2020 9:38 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update
Replies: 18
Views: 338

Can't Return To General Discussion Since Last Update

Besides the inability to delete messages since the last update, I notice that one can't return directly to General Discussion anymore either. Your only choice is to go to Leverguns Community Index and then select General Discussion. Looks like the S/W developer they used was definitely selected usin...
by COSteve
Tue May 05, 2020 9:32 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Powder for 45 colt clone
Replies: 14
Views: 431

Re: Powder for 45 colt clone

I also use Unique in both near max standard pressure as well as lower velocity loads with 255grn lead in my pistol and near max standard pressure loads with both 200grn and 255grn plated bullets in my 2 Uberti 45 Colt leverguns. I just recently tested a slew of levergun loads using TiteGroup, Power ...
by COSteve
Sun May 03, 2020 12:36 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Rationing Out My . . . . . . . . . . Reloading Fun
Replies: 9
Views: 326

Re: Rationing Out My . . . . . . . . . . Reloading Fun

Decided I had some time to kill so I went ahead and loaded up the two different .357mag loads, 250rds of a plinking load with 125grn bullets and Unique and also 300rds of a longer range, harder hitting full magnum load with 158grn bullets and Lil'Gun. My 750 setup is smooth as silk and I'm really li...